Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue May 15, 2012 12:11 am

shitty pic, but damn, this fudge is motha drymounting tasty!!!!!!!!!!!

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
erba
Art Expert

Thu May 17, 2012 9:00 am

I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out with something. My wife does little side craft business by recycling bottle caps into different things. She makes jewelery, bracelets, necklaces, coasters, magnets etc. She calls it Re-Cap. She is looking for bottle caps that she can use that aren't that common to us here in mass (although she'll take any caps she can get Bud Light, Miller Light etc.). It's cool to get beers from microbrews though.

I wanted to know if you guys would be willing to send her your bottle caps. She will take 1 cap or 1000. Of course we'll pay you for shipping costs. Let me know.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2012 11:17 am

erba wrote:I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out with something. My wife does little side craft business by recycling bottle caps into different things. She makes jewelery, bracelets, necklaces, coasters, magnets etc. She calls it Re-Cap. She is looking for bottle caps that she can use that aren't that common to us here in mass (although she'll take any caps she can get Bud Light, Miller Light etc.). It's cool to get beers from microbrews though.

I wanted to know if you guys would be willing to send her your bottle caps. She will take 1 cap or 1000. Of course we'll pay you for shipping costs. Let me know.
I do the same thing, kinda. Make the bottle cap magnets. I might have some extra caps for you.
fredo
Art God

Fri May 18, 2012 11:27 am

Can they be bent at all? Most of the microbrews here don't have the twistoff caps.
just a foil for me today, thanks
john38103
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2012 11:29 am

sidewaysscott wrote:shitty pic, but damn, this fudge is motha drymounting tasty!!!!!!!!!!!
Firestone does good work.
erba
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2012 12:33 pm

ColonelCash wrote:
erba wrote:I was wondering if you guys would be willing to help me out with something. My wife does little side craft business by recycling bottle caps into different things. She makes jewelery, bracelets, necklaces, coasters, magnets etc. She calls it Re-Cap. She is looking for bottle caps that she can use that aren't that common to us here in mass (although she'll take any caps she can get Bud Light, Miller Light etc.). It's cool to get beers from microbrews though.

I do the same thing, kinda. Make the bottle cap magnets. I might have some extra caps for you.
Yeah, we've made tons of magnets. They are fun and my daughters make them all the time. It's usually a project they'll do when a friend comes over to the house.

Fredo, bent ones really won't work unfortunately.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Fri May 18, 2012 7:40 pm

Hi Pliny
Mmm

pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
maozilla
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 18, 2012 7:45 pm

^ That's one of my beer holy grails, along with westvleteren 12 and Dark Lord.
MacDaddy
Art Connoisseur

Fri May 18, 2012 8:01 pm

Forgive me, I don't have time to read all 33 pages.
How is it legal to ship beer in the US? UPS? Fed Ex?
Do you have to lie when they ask if you have anything, fragile, liquid, etc?

Thanks for any information.
Baker
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2012 8:40 pm

Giving this new to me beer a shot tonight

ironjaiden wrote: "'Weener in June' is completely sold out, thanks for the interest"
desch
Art Expert

Fri May 18, 2012 9:47 pm

MacDaddy wrote:Forgive me, I don't have time to read all 33 pages.
How is it legal to ship beer in the US? UPS? Fed Ex?
Do you have to lie when they ask if you have anything, fragile, liquid, etc?

Thanks for any information.
This link is for wine, but the spirit of all the laws I think applies to all alcohol. You can ship and receive alcohol if you reside in the right state.

http://www.winespectator.com/webfeature ... State_1049
“If we had had confidence that the president clearly did not commit a crime, we would have said so.”
“The Constitution requires a process other than the criminal justice system to formally accuse a sitting president of wrongdoing.” R. Mueller
MacDaddy
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 19, 2012 1:33 am

Very nice. Thanks for sharing. I live in Kalamazoo. Bell's, dark horse, arcadia, founders and shorts is all over the place. Let me know if you are interested in any of theses beers and I will see what we can work out.
Cheers!
PygmyLush
Art Connoisseur

Sat May 19, 2012 10:51 am

bout to go crack and ole chub and start bottling 10gallons of beer

a sassoin and a pale ale. mmmm can't wait for the sassion
"Hipsters are pissing all over the mustache's good name"- preacher010
erba
Art Expert

Sat May 19, 2012 12:17 pm

fredo wrote:Can they be bent at all? Most of the microbrews here don't have the twistoff caps.
Somebody suggested putting a quarter on top of the cap and the cap will survive. Gave it a shot and it works!
thegig
Art Expert

Sat May 19, 2012 1:04 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:shitty pic, but damn, this fudge is motha drymounting tasty!!!!!!!!!!!

One of my all-time favorite beers. Just plain amazing. :pint: