Celebration 12 Mr. Brainwash Release Discussion 05/10/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
Subtle
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2012 6:37 pm

I am truly surprised to see this go for less than 500 on the secondary market. This will be THE piece to own of Mr. Brainwash in the future...It is where he obtained his commercial acceptance and opportunity through pop art/music. This is 'official pop art' used by the Queen of Pop for a single!

Once these are all flipped on ebay within the first year....It will be a scarce and valuable piece of Mr. Brainwash/Madonna history.

My first brainwash purchase since Kate Moss...and I value it 10x more!
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
choke
Art Expert

Fri May 11, 2012 6:42 pm

I think the amount of pink spray paint splatter and how visible it is will actually make a difference. If someone just looked at the pic quickly or without blowing it up they wouldnt even know there was any sort of handfinishing. I could see it becoming one of those infamous MBWs where the amount of splatter or the way it lies on the print could make it more or less desirable.

or it wont. :lol:
jojobadass
Art God

Fri May 11, 2012 8:18 pm

I'm hoping for a fudge ton of the pink stuff
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat May 12, 2012 1:35 am

This thread needs more hype!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Subtle
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2012 11:48 am

Codeblue wrote:This thread needs more hype!
This is the best art print ever released, if you missed it, buy it for 500 while you can!!!
Codeblue wrote:Nevermind, I confused myself.
timc
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2012 4:35 pm

I picked one up, free shipping with the lithos :) . actually like it! Just missed out on the drop would have kept it.
I think the prices were low on eBay (cheap ones are gone)thinking will go up! Plus Madonna is well enough said!
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2012 7:29 pm

choke wrote:I think the amount of pink spray paint splatter and how visible it is will actually make a difference. If someone just looked at the pic quickly or without blowing it up they wouldnt even know there was any sort of handfinishing. I could see it becoming one of those infamous MBWs where the amount of splatter or the way it lies on the print could make it more or less desirable.

What stops someone from getting some of their own pink spray paint and enhancing their print? I mean it is not like it takes a lot of talent splash the paint on that way...
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
choke
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2012 7:33 pm

ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:
choke wrote:I think the amount of pink spray paint splatter and how visible it is will actually make a difference. If someone just looked at the pic quickly or without blowing it up they wouldnt even know there was any sort of handfinishing. I could see it becoming one of those infamous MBWs where the amount of splatter or the way it lies on the print could make it more or less desirable.

What stops someone from getting some of their own pink spray paint and enhancing their print? I mean it is not like it takes a lot of talent splash the paint on that way...
True Brainwash connoisseurs can tell Thierry's (or one of his 500 minions') splatters apart from your average joe's.
ToolFanFromWayBack
Art Expert

Sat May 12, 2012 7:42 pm

choke wrote:
ToolFanFromWayBack wrote:

True Brainwash connoisseurs can tell Thierry's (or one of his 500 minions') splatters apart from your average joe's.
Ah, I knew it was something like that! :lol:
I need more. Nothing seems to satisfy. I don't want it. I just need it. To feel, to breathe, to know I'm alive. - MJK
“People incapable of guilt usually have a good time.” - Rust Cohle
Presenting Codeblue's 30000th post -
Codeblue wrote:bump
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2012 5:18 pm

The last x/25 went for $810 on ebay. However, the $250 prints are going for $500...

I think this will sway me to not buy the gold Pup Art...

Glad anyone who wanted one, got one. I was on vaca with horrible internet so I didn't even bother.
timc
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2012 5:23 pm

NoseSpray wrote:The last x/25 went for $810 on ebay. However, the $250 prints are going for $500...

Glad anyone who wanted one, got one. I was on vaca with horrible internet so I didn't even bother.
Someone got a good deal! From the pic black and white looks better . Hope mine has a nice pink splash :)
Everything woke turns to fudge.
America First.
https://lowfshop.com/
saucemoola
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 13, 2012 5:52 pm

850 for any varaint
AKBAPE
Art Connoisseur

Sun May 13, 2012 7:07 pm

timc wrote:
NoseSpray wrote:The last x/25 went for $810 on ebay. However, the $250 prints are going for $500...

Someone got a good deal! From the pic black and white looks better . Hope mine has a nice pink splash :)
Love the x/25 ones and grabbed one. Very curious what the color way will look like though.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Sun May 13, 2012 11:38 pm

Man, one of the colors sold for $810. I should have been watching that one better. I for sure wanted one of those color ones.
happyshopper
Art Connoisseur

Mon May 14, 2012 6:03 am

A lot of hype on this thread.
Reality is that it's very tricky to determine what will remain a "classic" print.
If too many were bought just to flip, as I suspect is the case, prices will stay low.
I'd say his Obama print will always be his best, and most memorable.
I'd also have thought that Bat Papa, Cat Nana would have been more popular.. But I was wrong. Ha!