Celebration 12 Mr. Brainwash Release Discussion 05/10/12

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 7:42 pm

Spagucci-You ca jump off of it via that huge wide jaw she has.
I love Kate & Madonna. I had the Kate print, couldn't get over how distorted the bottom half of her face looked.
Want to thank the EBeaner who hooked me up with a trade. Well, shall we say...the Ebeaner that I really hooked up!
Last edited by ottomatik71 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ejg904
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 7:44 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
I'm sorry to burst the bubbles, but they have the 12" vinyl cover on their wall they paid less than $10 for.
They are not going to pay crazy flip prices for this. Thats a pair of Prada or Gucci shoes to them.
same argument could be made for:

Image Image

but people still pay $2k for the real red cosmo
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
ottomatik71
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 7:49 pm

ejg904 wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
They don't want it on their wall, they want to ca$h in on the flip.
Haven't you noticed, they are in this thread talkin' about how they cant believe its not fetching more money right now. Or Or they think it's going to be major bucks once the 'gays' hear about it.
I'm sorry to burst the bubbles, but they have the 12" vinyl cover on their wall they paid less than $10 for.
They are not going to pay crazy flip prices for this. Thats a pair of Prada or Gucci shoes to them.

Image Image

Which makes me think you Geddes fans are insane for spending that kind of cash on a giclee.
Just back and forth, one eb member to another eb member.
Seriously, crazy behavior.
Last edited by ottomatik71 on Thu May 10, 2012 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 7:51 pm

ejg904 wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:

Image Image

Arguments was made concerning Madonna fans buying this versus buying the cover
it is not the same as what you refer to above
Have No Fear!!!!!!!!!!!!!!The Nation is Here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ejg904
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 7:54 pm

ottomatik71 wrote:
ejg904 wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
Haven't you noticed, they are in this thread talkin' about how they cant believe its not fetching more money right now. Or Or they think it's going to be major bucks once the 'gays' hear about it.

Image Image

Which makes me think you Geddes fans are insane for spending that kind of cash on a giclee.
Just back and forth, one eb member to another eb member.
Seriously, crazy behavior.
i'm not disagreeing with you, it's crazy.

all i'm saying is that not all people are as rational. people still make crazy decisions all the time
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

ejg904
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 7:55 pm

Wawaad wrote:
ejg904 wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:

Image Image

how is it different?
Chico wrote:

Wawaad
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 8:03 pm

ejg904 wrote:
Wawaad wrote:
ejg904 wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:

Image Image

how is it different?
Madonna fans don't give a drymount about Prints that is how it's different
they just want Madonna's face on what ever so they won't be paying this much for a madonna print that they don't even know how to frame and this image started as a cover not the other way around although am not sure with the red cosmo which came first
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 10, 2012 8:05 pm

WARNING: Reading this thread may be hazardous to your intelligence.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jayp
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 10, 2012 8:06 pm

Wawaad wrote:
ottomatik71 wrote:
Wawaad wrote:I honestly can't imagine why any one (who is not gay) will want this on their wall

...and Wawaad, I hear you about the spiders! When we were in AUS, Palm Cove, I almost ran into a web that was over 15 feet wide, the spider on that thing still haunts me.
Exactly

they are forgetting it's 35"X35" that's a monster, it's like living with Madonna, so no not many want that. and the fans now are more worried about getting tickets to the tour, to whoever up there was wondering why won't they care about this. and as otto mentioned because you can also get the cover for $10 and put it in a cover frame from urban outfitters for $20

as gay as I am and as Madonna fan as I am. I still can't believe I will hang this on the wall if i get one

and otto about the spiders it all ended for us when a spider came running out from the salad bowl of (my husband in Canada, defacto partner in Australia and boy friend in the states)
People are also forgetting one other thing with the size.

You are looking at these lines on the print as a thumbnail image down small which forms the face in the print.

This just will not work up close like that in real life, it will be paper with lots of lines down it until you stand 30 feet away.

Its the most ridiculous size for this style of art. Should have been half that at least.

This print is just a warm up for the biggie. It seems the image rights have just expired which is why it is released only now.

Clever marketing though as no one will touch this print once the main cover gets released.
Last edited by jayp on Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 10, 2012 8:08 pm

lol 30 ft away? ^ try standing 5 ft away and bluring your eyes. i also don't think the idea of these images is for the viewer to see the image right away anyways. it's sort of like a magic eye. the bigger the better imo.
jayp
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 10, 2012 8:09 pm

waxenpi wrote:lol 30 ft away? ^ try standing 5 ft away and bluring your eyes. i also don't think the idea of these images is for the viewer to see the image right away anyways. it's sort of like a magic eye. the bigger the better imo.
No chance of seeing the face even at 10ft.

I dont but art to stand blurring my eyes.
Wawaad
Art Expert

Thu May 10, 2012 8:11 pm

moral of the story is, sell me and otto the print at face and we will help you hype the fudge out of them so until I own one it is KaKa
waxenpi
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 10, 2012 8:18 pm

jayp wrote:
waxenpi wrote:lol 30 ft away? ^ try standing 5 ft away and bluring your eyes. i also don't think the idea of these images is for the viewer to see the image right away anyways. it's sort of like a magic eye. the bigger the better imo.

im sorry but im sure if the artist wanted you to see her face then it would just be a print of her face and not a bunch of lines. but its probably a good thing you didnt buy this print :) have fun knocking on it though.
jayp
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 10, 2012 8:19 pm

waxenpi wrote:
jayp wrote:

im sorry but im sure if the artist wanted you to see her face then it would just be a print of her face and not a bunch of lines. but its probably a good thing you didnt buy this print :) have fun knocking on it though.

So your happy spending $250 on a print with just lines on?
Of course he wants you to see the face. Shame the nose is missing.

Lets hope the main cover print is done properly.

:hanging:
kungfutoys
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 10, 2012 8:23 pm

jayp wrote:

Your so wrong it's funny!
Last edited by kungfutoys on Thu May 10, 2012 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.