Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
qtully
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 pm

cjevy wrote:I like the term "career flippers"... I wonder if this is actually true...
sure. it's called a gallery.
Nemesis01
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:54 pm

wal mart is such a flipper!
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:55 pm

qtully wrote:
cjevy wrote:I like the term "career flippers"... I wonder if this is actually true...
sure. it's called a gallery.
out of a basement apartment.
emac
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 1:56 pm

I think there are definitely people who buy prints just to flip, with little or no intention of keeping prints for themselves. Hell, if I thought I could make a halfway decent wage (and if I didn't usually want to keep all the prints I buy :lol:), I'd try doing it myself. Camping outside of places and sitting on computers refreshing takes a lot of free time, and it'd be easier without a 9-5 job. :P
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:00 pm

emac wrote:
I think there are definitely people who buy prints just to flip, with little or no intention of keeping prints for themselves. Hell, if I thought I could make a halfway decent wage (and if I didn't usually want to keep all the prints I buy :lol:), I'd try doing it myself. Camping outside of places and sitting on computers refreshing takes a lot of free time, and it'd be easier without a 9-5 job. :P

Those are my down falls as well .. I typically want to keep everything and I have a real job :(
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
robschwager
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

changethethought wrote:
Scopitone wrote:
changethethought wrote:
Personally, I think Mondo needs a little competition at this point, especially with this much demand.
That would be absolutely faaaaantastic.
Don't worry I'm working on it. Several contacts out. Potential new theater opening in NYC and I am working on some releases in Europe. Nothing like Mondo yet but trust me, I'm working on it.

Excellent. Keep me posted.
golobulus
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:05 pm

celloman85 wrote:The Tong Iron Man will be super easy for anyone that wants one. Everyone and their grandma is going for the Ansin.
I hope so, I'm going for the Ironman regular tomorrow. I really like it.
DrScott44
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:07 pm

golobulus wrote:
celloman85 wrote:The Tong Iron Man will be super easy for anyone that wants one. Everyone and their grandma is going for the Ansin.
If the blues in that IRON MAN pop in the same way that the FORBIDDEN PLANET's blues popped, this one's gonna be hugely in-demand once it starts arriving and people see the difference.

Online pics never do Mondo's stuff justice, but they especially don't do Tong's work/coloring justice.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:08 pm

DrScott44 wrote:
golobulus wrote:
If the blues in that IRON MAN pop in the same way that the FORBIDDEN PLANET's blues popped, this one's gonna be hugely in-demand once it starts arriving and people see the difference.

Online pics never do Mondo's stuff justice, but they especially don't do Tong's work/coloring justice.
Exactly.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
DrScott44
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:09 pm

rubberneck wrote:
DrScott44 wrote:
golobulus wrote:

Exactly.
Glad I'm not the only one. Was it just me, or did that FORBIDDEN PLANET seem to glow in the daylight? This is why IAmBillyG needs to be photographing all of Mondo's stuff for press releases/announcements.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
technique
Art Expert

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:10 pm

Wow is this guy for real on the Mondo facebook...

Of course its a scam. No one in their right mind would continue this type of business model when they see how much they sell for on ebay. Its simple. Claim there are more in stock than there actually are. Hold the remainder, and sell on ebay. Its exactly what I would do if I had this type of a demand. $45.00 DOESNT sound ridiculously cheap for these types of limited edition posters that sell out in 30 seconds?? Come on. Either mondo is a scammer, or hes a drymounting idiot that doesnt mind people making money off of his work.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:11 pm

technique wrote:Wow is this guy for real on the Mondo facebook...

Of course its a scam. No one in their right mind would continue this type of business model when they see how much they sell for on ebay. Its simple. Claim there are more in stock than there actually are. Hold the remainder, and sell on ebay. Its exactly what I would do if I had this type of a demand. $45.00 DOESNT sound ridiculously cheap for these types of limited edition posters that sell out in 30 seconds?? Come on. Either mondo is a scammer, or hes a drymounting idiot that doesnt mind people making money off of his work.
so much stupid.... does not compute......
SergeantD
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:12 pm

I was about to post that, there's a lot of crazies on facebook right now. Here's another:

Hrmm.. so I counted.. and there were over 50 Ebay listing for this. Limited to 320.. hrmm.. Something smells fishy here. For someone who lists it either Before it is on sale.. OR within 1 minute after it is listed for sale on Mondo.. Either a scam.. or like someone else said.. going out the back door.. or going to Alamo in person, purchasing multiple copies.. Just ALL sorts of wrong. Plain and simple.. and for the person who thinks it is NOT BS.. I have yet to see anything in stock.. much less had a chance to put it in my cart.. and then go from there. I agree on fixing the site software to prevent the misappropriation of posters. OR Go to the Lotto/raffle would be the best.
sluffmo
Art Connoisseur

RiotAct wrote:

so much stupid.... does not compute......
Whatever, stop sucking up to mondo. He's a jerk.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Mondo is a he! :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.