Widespread Panic Puerto Morellos 12 Wood

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:21 pm

cash crop!
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
jojobadass
Art God

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:24 pm

I'm going to put my tomatoes and peppers in this week
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:36 pm

jojobadass wrote:I'm going to put my tomatoes and peppers in this week
Mine are in (we get a bit of a head start on you since we are down here in Texas) :clap:
macc5
EB Team

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:40 pm

jojobadass wrote:I'm going to put my tomatoes and peppers in this week
Im gonna need a pepper care package! :D
ErocAfellar
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 1:41 pm

fredo wrote:The Whine is strong with this thread.
haters gonna hate, bawlers gonna bawl! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
HappaHaoli wrote:That is freaking Eroctic!
they-called-him-flipper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:17 pm

WOW....

I guess you can do whatever you want jeff, it just seems like a lot of evergy for someone whos posters are not that flippable. But If you could convince other artists/bands to do the same it could have an impact.

The bottom line is sometimes I buy tickets or posters for over the original value. More posters then tickets because I can usually get in to a shows for face.

So I support flippers and scalpers, So I cannot be too hard on them. I think when everybody has a fair shot at getting tickets or posters, we can all get what we want if we put in the effort. Scalping is a little more hardcore because tickets get sold before you even have a chance. Any posterline ive showed up at I have gotten a print.

If someone has an unfair way of getting an item before it gets released to the general public thats different, but with posters thats rarely the case.

I think that if you make a limited quantity of an item, making it collectable, there will be people selling the poster for more, includeing the artists. So this excersize seems like a lot of energy wasted.

Honestly, Jeff Wood said he was moving and needed money and was going to sell rare items in his shop, other artist work etc. Then the En La playa posters went up for sale, and then the meltdown. I cannot help but think there is some misdirrected anger from some financial issues in the move, or conflict about selling the rare items from the shop for profit. This is all speculation, but the timeing of this meltdown seems to coincede with the stresses of moving ones business, life, financial stress etc.

Good luck in your move Jeff, Keep making art doing what you love and the universe will provide!

-Flipper the Dolphin
Freaks Unite!
jeffwood
Art Enthusiast

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:47 pm

:roll:
biscocrack420
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:49 pm

When I was a child my mother always told me," Keep rolling those eyes son and one day they are going to stay like that."
they-called-him-flipper
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm

ok ill stop speculating in my fantasy world...sorry
Freaks Unite!
drowningcreek
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:24 pm

they-called-him-flipper wrote:WOW....

Honestly, Jeff Wood said he was moving and needed money and was going to sell rare items in his shop, other artist work etc. Then the En La playa posters went up for sale, and then the meltdown. I cannot help but think there is some misdirrected anger from some financial issues in the move, or conflict about selling the rare items from the shop for profit. This is all speculation, but the timeing of this meltdown seems to coincede with the stresses of moving ones business, life, financial stress etc.

Let me clear something up for all you speculators. There was no "meltdown." There is no "financial issues." We had an ebay store up for years until I didn't have time to manage it and the web site sales together. We've been discussing putting stuff back up on ebay for a couple of years now because we don't have any space to store anything else. Every flat file drawer and shelf is full. We are storing a lot of stuff we don't want or need to keep in our lives and it's simply time to clean house. People have been writing us to ask about these items, so I decided to go ahead and plan to start a clearance this summer when it gets too hot to work outside. It's too much work to list some items, especially ones that aren't mint, in the web store since many of the items are OOAK. Simple, really. :lol:

Some of you people have way too much time on your hands. I going to go plant the rest of my potatoes and some peppers and tomatoes. Oh, and play with the baby bunnies. And yeah, I shipped some packages today, but not any en la Playa.

Judy
downbytheriver
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:32 pm

TNspreadhead wrote:
downbytheriver wrote:Ahh, my first post back after a well-deserved hiatus for having dismantled some road-raging, oxycontin dealing "alleged" killers / professional poster flippers from the BK CLT thread - feels so good to pick up right where I left off.

Professional Ticket Scalper = Professional Flipper = Professional Parasite
That dudes life got a bit more involved after all the harassment complaints registered across several states from his thread and PMs that day
I didn't bother, but it might have been interesting to shoot an email out to the judge in Richmond (where parasite and girlfiend, while en route to more tour stops, allegedly killed that young man - who had been on his way to work. A young man with a job, at a company..not living in his mommy's basement re-selling posters) who was "sworn" to by azzklown parasite AND his mommy that he'd not leave his parent's home/hometown until his court date (since he's not had a drivers license in 10 years) just to see what he (his honor, the judge) thought of road-rage flipper traveling to charlotte to pick up his 12 or so BK posters from his insider con-exction at Bojangles arena.

Lewser sold what? a dozen of those prints at 200+? Creeps like that give flippers a bad name. :lol:
"lance wrote:drymount, man, this is better than Disneyland! chef wrote: I used to think if I died in an evil place, then my soul wouldn't be able to make it to Heaven. But now? drymount! I mean, I don't care where it goes, as long as it ain't here.
nowhitespace
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:36 pm

Pretty much every artists I know is also a collector of art. I'll be interested to see what DCS will be selling. Let's all get over Jeff's post from that one day. None of those Playa prints are even selling on Ebay, so its really a moot point on both sides. As a retailer/seller, he legally has the right to deny sales to anyone, and also cancel orders at will. I think we should all be happy that Jeff decided to sell these Playa prints for $60 each. With the email preceding the sale about the move and need for finances to make the move, I was expecting $100+ prices. So I'm super stoked that Jeff decided to keep it real with the $60 price tag. Thx Jeff and Judy. Now all I need is a Charlotte print to make my set. I live within biking distance from Red Rocks and was late to all 3 nights but was able to have a friend pick me up a print. The Charlotte print has seemed to be ever eluding and I refuse to pay $175+ for one. I'm hoping DCS's moving sale will have some for a more reasonable cost, or even better a scratch and dent one.

Thanks Jeff and Judy for all the hard work you two have put in over the years. It doesnt go unrecognized. Keep your focus on creativity and you will forever be successful. Youve had some really great stuff over the past couple of years after a bit of a slow period. Now lets get DCS back on board to make a Phish print!!!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:50 pm

Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing all the back catalog items!
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:04 pm

So glad I'm not a hippie.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
lazk
Art Expert

Tue Apr 17, 2012 4:15 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:Honestly, I'm looking forward to seeing all the back catalog items!
As long as they are the original price OR some might consider that flipping. I kid. I kid.
T.K.C.