Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
karza
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:22 am

simianfever wrote:
finneganm wrote:Also this thing is worth every penny. It's been said a lot, but this really is a beautiful print in person.
Agreed. Colors and texture to the art are very impressive in person. This one immediately got flattened and went up at my house. My wife even loves it!

it also went to the front of the framing line and is currently on the wall. really love this print, if your on the fence GET IT!
dylanosaur
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:25 am

I"m going for it. I really wanted this since the gallery opening, but have been holding out for his AP's.
karza
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:00 am

Who is going to CITW tonight? want to meet up at the Rabbit for some drinks? :pint:
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:05 am

karza wrote:Who is going to CITW tonight? want to meet up at the Rabbit for some drinks? :pint:
I'll be there at like 6:15 - happy hour till 7 I believe, so plenty of time to get slightly less expensive beer.
MondoFanMichael
Art Expert
Location: Due to overwhelming mistaken identity, I am not eBay user Michael78747!

Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:15 am

karza wrote:Who is going to CITW tonight? want to meet up at the Rabbit for some drinks? :pint:
I don't have tickets, and I have had the flu or I would meet there for drinks. Try the afinidad. :D Mezcal, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth. it doesn't sound good but it is!
karza
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:26 pm

MondoFanMichael wrote:
I don't have tickets, and I have had the flu or I would meet there for drinks. Try the afinidad. :D Mezcal, dry vermouth, sweet vermouth. it doesn't sound good but it is!

Done, I love trying new drinks. I heard they are using the boarding pass system so we can drink right up until the seating starts. :D
blog
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:27 pm

boarding pass system is dead now
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
blog
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:29 pm

Brian Kelley ‏ @BTSjunkie
@drafthouse Hi! Any update on seating method for CABIN tomorrow? Thanks!

drafthouse ‏ @drafthouse
@BTSjunkie No priority seating. Just a line.
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:30 pm

karza wrote: Done, I love trying new drinks. I heard they are using the boarding pass system so we can drink right up until the seating starts. :D
They confirmed via Twitter that this will be standard line procedure. No boarding pass; however, its easy to hop out of line and walk through the door to 400 Rabbits and get another drink. :pint:
DrScott44
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:36 pm

Hmmm...I'd been suggesting a meetup over on the Mondo Facebook fan page, but if that's the case with the line, I guess we're gonna have to drink single file.

I'll be the hobbit-esque gentleman in a black Dickies work-shirt, jeans, and carrying a tube. May or may not also be wearing the thong/earmuffs set I just picked up in the Kohl's "Young Squires" section.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
blog
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 12:42 pm

Read more about their seating policy changes here: http://drafthouse.com/blog/entry/an_upd ... model_test

good stuff
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
CrustaR
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:05 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
karza wrote: Done, I love trying new drinks. I heard they are using the boarding pass system so we can drink right up until the seating starts. :D
They confirmed via Twitter that this will be standard line procedure. No boarding pass; however, its easy to hop out of line and walk through the door to 400 Rabbits and get another drink. :pint:
Well, I'm going to be there at about 5 ready to get my drink on. :pint: :pint: :pint:
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
Rainbolt
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:10 pm

blog wrote:Read more about their seating policy changes here: http://drafthouse.com/blog/entry/an_upd ... model_test

good stuff
OFFICIAL

Alamo Drafthouse are NOT using the boarding pass System for "The Cabin in the Woods" show @ 7:30 tonight. It's a get there early for the best seats type showing again. I just spoke with a manager (Luis) at the Alamo Slaughter lane and his excuse was that, This is a MONDO event and the boarding pass seating doesn't work well with MONDO events, we are officially stopping the boarding pass seating system that is currently in place beginning on 4/13 at the LAMAR, RITZ and SLAUGHTER LANE locations.

So it's... Get there early thing again everyone... well at least for this event !

:hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:
“Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.”
*****adap*****
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:18 pm

Rainbolt wrote:
blog wrote:Read more about their seating policy changes here: http://drafthouse.com/blog/entry/an_upd ... model_test

good stuff
OFFICIAL

Alamo Drafthouse are NOT using the boarding pass System for "The Cabin in the Woods" show @ 7:30 tonight. It's a get there early for the best seats type showing again. I just spoke with a manager (Luis) at the Alamo Slaughter lane and his excuse was that, This is a MONDO event and the boarding pass seating doesn't work well with MONDO events, we are officially stopping the boarding pass seating system that is currently in place beginning on 4/13 at the LAMAR, RITZ and SLAUGHTER LANE locations.

So it's... Get there early thing again everyone... well at least for this event !

:hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging: :hanging:

:lol:
These Pretzels Are Making Me Thirsty
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:21 pm

Theres no reason to get there super early unless you want to drink. I see no logic in it.
Especially since the Slaughter location is missing the front 2 rows, there really is no bad seat in the house. Everyone has guaranteed admission.