Read Between The Lines 12 Fairey

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:02 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Read Between The Lines 12 Fairey

they-called-him-flipper
Art Connoisseur

Sat Mar 31, 2012 3:03 pm

nice
Freaks Unite!
technique
Art Expert

Sat Mar 31, 2012 4:55 pm

Just an fyi on these I picked mine up from the CAC yesterday and mine had some minor roll creases toward the bottom. The lady at the counter told me the employees had rolled them and not anyone from Obey so it seems to be luck of the draw if you get one that is mint. :x
veltri
Art Expert

Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:15 pm

Wish I Were You
Time goes by
I fall out of touch
I can't explain
Why I fall so much
I bought a pack of cigarettes
Sent an old Elvis stamp to your new address
The weather's here
With showers, fine
Wish that you could read between the lines
[CHORUS]
Cause you dream in colors by night
Rose and black and blue
I'll send a postcard
Oh how
I wish that I were you
I wish I were you
Cause I am nothing
You are more
Than flesh and blood
A golden door
Let me come inside of you
Let me do the things I want to do
Now take me down to where you live
And take the things I cannot give
[CHORUS]
Cause you are like the ocean
I'm a river that's run dry
If you cannot reach me
All my white flowers
They will die
Take the things I cannot give
[CHORUS]
Take the things I cannot give

On the subject of reading, "Just Kids" her autobiography of her time with Robert Maplethorpe is an excellent read.
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.
dinkydoggy
Art Expert

Sun Apr 01, 2012 3:16 pm

Just ordered mine on the phone and as of 04/01, 12pm PST, they've got about 30 left.
halftonegraphics
Art Freak

Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:23 pm

technique wrote:Just an fyi on these I picked mine up from the CAC yesterday and mine had some minor roll creases toward the bottom. The lady at the counter told me the employees had rolled them and not anyone from Obey so it seems to be luck of the draw if you get one that is mint. :x
Just an FYI, spoke with Erin via email. This issue has been brought to their attention. Not sure if everything has already been rolled, if not, hopefully the issue gets corrected.
I broke something today, and I realized I should break something once a week.. - Warhol

1xRun Referral
technique
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:16 pm

halftonegraphics wrote:
technique wrote:Just an fyi on these I picked mine up from the CAC yesterday and mine had some minor roll creases toward the bottom. The lady at the counter told me the employees had rolled them and not anyone from Obey so it seems to be luck of the draw if you get one that is mint. :x
Just an FYI, spoke with Erin via email. This issue has been brought to their attention. Not sure if everything has already been rolled, if not, hopefully the issue gets corrected.

Sad to say from what I was told when I bought mine that all 545 had been packaged the day of the event by their staff who got instructions from OG on how to roll. I know when I picked up mine they had tons of boxes with the tubes ready for sale and by reading a few messages over at the giant forum it looks like others got prints with creases in them also. It looks like mine was minor and since i've flattened it the creases are hardly noticeable now and I will still frame it but I anticipate lots of stories about bad roll jobs and damaged prints here in the next few weeks as people start to get them.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 1:22 pm

So, someone from OG 'trained' the CAC staff on how to roll a poster? Was this over the phone? Was it a video? Did OG give a test after the training to find out if the trainees were even listening, or competent to do the task? I guess I don't really understand what it means when I see the statement "their staff ... got instructions from OG on how to roll". Suffice to say that I'm concerned. Maybe CAC will check out the posters (even if they've already been rolled), to make sure they aren't sending out posters with handling folds.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
technique
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:27 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:So, someone from OG 'trained' the CAC staff on how to roll a poster? Was this over the phone? Was it a video? Did OG give a test after the training to find out if the trainees were even listening, or competent to do the task? I guess I don't really understand what it means when I see the statement "their staff ... got instructions from OG on how to roll". Suffice to say that I'm concerned. Maybe CAC will check out the posters (even if they've already been rolled), to make sure they aren't sending out posters with handling folds.

From my understanding the way it was explained to me is they was given a visual instruction guide (think Ikea) that showed them how to properly roll. When i unrolled mine the kraft paper was way too small for the print and the tape they used had fallen to the bottom of the tube and I could also hear the poster moving around alot in the tube which now that I think back I should have opened it up to inspect it down there instead of waiting until I got back home since I live about 25 miles from downtown. I have zero idea if they would check them out before sending them to the people who ordered over the phone but I would hope they do now that people have brought it to their attention.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:44 pm

technique wrote:
Rick_a_c wrote:So, someone from OG 'trained' the CAC staff on how to roll a poster? Was this over the phone? Was it a video? Did OG give a test after the training to find out if the trainees were even listening, or competent to do the task? I guess I don't really understand what it means when I see the statement "their staff ... got instructions from OG on how to roll". Suffice to say that I'm concerned. Maybe CAC will check out the posters (even if they've already been rolled), to make sure they aren't sending out posters with handling folds.

From my understanding the way it was explained to me is they was given a visual instruction guide (think Ikea) that showed them how to properly roll. When i unrolled mine the kraft paper was way too small for the print and the tape they used had fallen to the bottom of the tube and I could also hear the poster moving around alot in the tube which now that I think back I should have opened it up to inspect it down there instead of waiting until I got back home since I live about 25 miles from downtown. I have zero idea if they would check them out before sending them to the people who ordered over the phone but I would hope they do now that people have brought it to their attention.
IOW, are there CAC staff members that are now OG Certified Rollers (and to whom does Shep offer this training)? And do they display their certificates proudly?

Tongue out of cheek...

I'm a bit nervous now. Erin wrote me a follow up this morning to ask if I was satisfied with the transaction. Guess I should've told her I would answer when the tube arrives.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 2:50 pm

I basically informed Erin (in what I trust she accepted as a pleasant email) that there will be some really bad fallout if collectors get copies with roll creases. She said they were trained by OG... I asked her if they could check mine before shipping it, to make sure it doesn't have folds like we've heard about already on EB. She was gracious and said they would check it.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
bigmuls
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:04 pm

Rick_a_c wrote:I basically informed Erin (in what I trust she accepted as a pleasant email) that there will be some really bad fallout if collectors get copies with roll creases. She said they were trained by OG... I asked her if they could check mine before shipping it, to make sure it doesn't have folds like we've heard about already on EB. She was gracious and said they would check it.
There would also be lots of Paypal/Credit Card disputes if they don't have a decent return policy.
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:34 pm

the ball's in their court. They (at least Erin) seem to be aware of the likelihood of a shitstorm if they send out posters with handling creases. We'll see.
FroDawg
Art Expert

Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:02 pm

Erin assured me late this afternoon that she is checking every shipment and is afraid the viral fear has taken on a life of its own. Don't shoot the messenger. In spite of my rather flip comment earlier, I think she is trying to ensure that it's all good for everyone. we shall see when the tubes start dropping at doorsteps.
"If the thunder don't getcha then the lightnin' will."
wmd
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 03, 2012 10:05 pm

Fingers crossed.