The Soundtrack (to my life) 04 Chueh

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 2:55 pm

I'm pretty sure I read on their site somewhere they use an Epson 7800. http://fineartgicleeprinters.org/wide-f ... prices.php
I can't find that information now and I could be wrong.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:16 pm

If they can print on gel's, then I am sure they have some impressive equipment. That said, there is a quality behind the name "Giclee" that is so fine only the seasoned expert knows the difference. They are very expensive to produce; however, I doubt I could tell the difference. This is why nearly all Giclee's command over $100/ea.

It may be that they have done all the work already so they printed a few extra to make an easy buck and since they are the printer their cost are less. This could be the case since accurate color matching is probably one of the most time consuming aspects.

It could also be that technology has changed, things have gotten much cheaper recently and that is a fair enough price while everyone else is stuck with these expensive shops.

Once again, I am just saying caution is warranted. However, things change and technology changes, so it could very well be fine.
T-Dub13
Art Connoisseur

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:07 pm

A quote from mfmunny, a serious Luke collector, on kidrobot.com:

"Actually, I have some good news for original print collectors. Luke agreed to do a series of "Skins" for them (for ipod/laptop/cell phones) (we're using "Soundtrack" for our initial offering to the public), but he thought he made it clear that none of the images we were considering as GelaSkin products & could be reproduced and sold as "Prints" since they had already been made prints before. They will be coming down soon. They are not official."
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:11 pm

T-Dub13 wrote:A quote from mfmunny, a serious Luke collector, on kidrobot.com:

"Actually, I have some good news for original print collectors. Luke agreed to do a series of "Skins" for them (for ipod/laptop/cell phones) (we're using "Soundtrack" for our initial offering to the public), but he thought he made it clear that none of the images we were considering as GelaSkin products & could be reproduced and sold as "Prints" since they had already been made prints before. They will be coming down soon. They are not official."
good thing I got right on that! i got my shipping confirmation yesterday.
sunsetbrew
Art Expert

Tue Nov 04, 2008 4:19 pm

sabotage, once you get it let us know how it looks. Put it under a magnifying glass and look at it if you got on. It should not be pixelated and as good as the original (other than texture) with no smearing, if it is what they say. Either, way that was a darn lucky catch for you! Great image!
automator
Nobody

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:18 am

New image The Soundtrack (to my life) 04 Chueh

automator
Nobody

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 am

GelaSkins detail

automator
Nobody

Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:19 am

GelaSkins imprint

ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:25 am

New litho open edition:
INTRODUCING THE HALL OF FAME PRINT SERIES...
Luke Chueh kicks off the open-ended print series chronicling some of the most memorable pieces in G1988's 8-year history...
Gallery1988 is proud to announce it's first edition in the new Hall of Fame print series. As the gallery celebrates it's 8th anniversary, we've curated some of the most celebrated pieces from the past 8 years and created off-set digital prints, all part of an unnumbered and unsigned open edition, in an attempt to get these images to everyone for an affordable price. In comparison to our giclee prints, these off-set digital prints feel more like posters and are a great way to capture some of your favorite pieces that have hung on G1988's walls since 2004 for just $10!

The first print will be from artist Luke Chueh, with a piece that helped define Gallery1988 back when it first opened. "Soundtrack (to my life)" continues to be one of Chueh's most iconic images, and one of the most sought after giclee prints in our genre. Now available as an off-set digital print, it is 12x 12 inches and perfect for framing. For only $10, there's no better way to decorate your home with a Hall of Fame piece that can't be forgotten.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Mar 19, 2012 10:53 pm

I didn't see anyone talking about this anywhere

but is it weird that g1988 is going to releasing $10 version of their most popular prints?

seems bogus to me
mmmm Beer :pint:
ceevee
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:05 pm

I definitely hear you. At least this one has already seen 3 or 4 editions of various sorts. I hope that the others in the series are from paintings that haven't seen prints before. This isn't a good precedent though.
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:11 pm

just wait for the $10 Moss prints
mmmm Beer :pint:
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:21 pm

Can something be cool and not cool at the same time?
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:25 pm

Saw this and thought it was terrible. Awful move for G1988. Now for jumbo prints, mini prints, prints on toaster strudel... what can you do. :?
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
veltri
Art Expert

Mon Mar 19, 2012 11:36 pm

So is this the jump the shark moment, or did that happen with G1988 already?
strongstuff wrote: i want to watch those fools squirm.