Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
DaveWill
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:26 am

sluffmo wrote:I don't understand why Mondo uses PCC as much as they do. I actually like their pre-mondo BttF print better. Simplicity seems to be their strong point.

I would have been tempted to get this set, but the second print kills it for me. Although, it does sort of mirror my feelings on the trilogy: 1st and 3rd movies are good, but the second is not.

I'll save the money for the next artist.
Seriously? The second movie is no good?! The movie that brought us hoverboards, Nike lace ups and flying delorians is no good?!?! pffft!
binky79
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 6:52 am

@collectsideshow via Twitter wrote:@MondoNews fans Sorry that tweet was not suppose to go out yet. Keep an eye on our feed as to when the Mickey print will be up for grabs.
Super_Dank_Nugz
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:36 am

binky79 wrote:
@collectsideshow via Twitter wrote:@MondoNews fans Sorry that tweet was not suppose to go out yet. Keep an eye on our feed as to when the Mickey print will be up for grabs.
EPIC FAILZ
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:23 am

Sideshow variant is nicer than I thought it would be, but I think I'll pass. I think this is one of the weaker of the series and I'd rather put my $90 towards the BTTF set today.
FlapJack
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:39 am

binky79 wrote:
Mondo & Sideshow ... BFFs? or not.
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:53 am

FlapJack wrote:
binky79 wrote:
I don't think so. My opinion (based solely on nothing) is that including Sideshow was something Disney wanted when this deal was made. Disney does a ton of stuff with them.
Celsius
Flipper

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:05 am

DickButt wrote:
FlapJack wrote:
binky79 wrote:
I don't think so. My opinion (based solely on nothing) is that including Sideshow was something Disney wanted when this deal was made. Disney does a ton of stuff with them.
What about Planet of the apes?
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
4walls
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:13 am

Happy to hear the sideshow site was down, I already missed the Jay Ryan mystery tube, then I woke up and saw I missed this. That goodness for their site not working.
Empty wall space? I'm not a communist!
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:18 am

Celsius wrote:
DickButt wrote:
What about Planet of the apes?
Oh look at you killing my theory
halokiti
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:54 am

Can't believe it is still down. Anyone tried calling yet?
DickButt
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:55 am

halokiti wrote:Can't believe it is still down. Anyone tried calling yet?
For what? They already tweeted that it isn't on sale yet and the original tweet was a mistake.
nopey23
Art Enthusiast

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:18 am

DickButt wrote:
halokiti wrote:Can't believe it is still down. Anyone tried calling yet?
For what? They already tweeted that it isn't on sale yet and the original tweet was a mistake.
I love how long they waited to correct their tweet... sideshow sucks. Their other sales have been complete messes too. This one was just worse because they didnt even put the item up, but they're not good other times anyway. :x
ulrick
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:22 am

BttF...is it going to be an easy drop ?
- Ulrick

The great white buffalo!
Mista2x
Art Connoisseur

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:23 am

nopey23 wrote:sideshow sucks.
I'm gonna disagree with you there as I have had nothing but awesome experiences with Sideshow. Their CS is the best in the business and their products are top notch.
simianfever
Art Expert

Fri Mar 02, 2012 11:25 am

ulrick wrote:BttF...is it going to be an easy drop ?
Im no pro at this but if I had to guess I'd say no. There doesnt seem to be a whole lot of love for the art however, so I would expect a ton to flood ebay.