Jeremy Geddes thread

General art-related discussion.
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 5:59 pm

andokah wrote:Thanks for the well wishes :)

If anyone hears of one come up somewhere please drop me an email at APphish138@hotmail.com.

I am sick so much lately so I am afraid one will slip by me....

GEDDES HAS DONE IT AGAIN!!! AMAZING WORK!!!

First print I have ever missed from Jem :( and I had really wanted it so badly since I had bought the study......need the finished Cluster to go with it!!

Cheers

Andrew
If you have all, please post up pics.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Feb 16, 2012 6:56 pm

WalterSobchak wrote:The bottom of the feet are the favorite details.
Image Image Image
mkuborn
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:36 pm

tpeazy wrote:
john38103 wrote:^What kind of boiler room operation are you running there?
Haha - I'm a film colorist. This is one of the edit suites. Not my house.
Company 3?
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:00 pm

Aking for a certain number(#88) when the print hits the market seems goofy and awesome. Bottom line, take what you can get, when you can get it. At least for a Geddes drop. I've always been obsessed with the number 57. Some reason my Red Cosmo no. is #57. I'll take anything with a 7 though. Seems the no. 7 pops up for me more often then other numbers. #57 is always my favorite though. Not sure if it's a good thing? Hope you get your #88 bud. :;:~)
Every morning I awake as someone else.
tpeazy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:19 pm

mkuborn wrote:
tpeazy wrote:
john38103 wrote:^What kind of boiler room operation are you running there?
Haha - I'm a film colorist. This is one of the edit suites. Not my house.
Company 3?
Yes. This is Tom Poole. Have I worked with you?
Last edited by tpeazy on Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
WalterSobchak
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:26 pm

I always wonder... How did Ashley find Geddes? In a gallery? Through a magazine?
Every morning I awake as someone else.
NoseSpray
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:36 pm

tpeazy wrote:At least you are lucky enough to already own some Geddes prints. A lot of people have none. :D
Please don't take this the wrong way, as I am very sympathetic to your problems, but you are opening yourself up to some serious criticism on here if you keep mentioning your illness to garner sympathy in an attempt to acquire this print.
I am almost positive that you will have the opportunity to acquire this print at some point. Through trade or purchase. Have you created an ISO thread?

Once again, I really do wish you all the best and hope your suffering improves.

Stay well brother!

-t
This. Times eleventy million.
andokah
Art Enthusiast

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:51 pm

WalterSobchak wrote:Aking for a certain number(#88) when the print hits the market seems goofy and awesome. Bottom line, take what you can get, when you can get it. At least for a Geddes drop. I've always been obsessed with the number 57. Some reason my Red Cosmo no. is #57. I'll take anything with a 7 though. Seems the no. 7 pops up for me more often then other numbers. #57 is always my favorite though. Not sure if it's a good thing? Hope you get your #88 bud. :;:~)

Thanks Brother!!!

Sorry to bring up my Crohn's disease....I am not trying to use my illness for sympathy.....just wanted to explain why I have identified with this painting and why it means so much to me....

I only have six prints from Jem.....this was the first I missed that I tried to purchase....just to clarify...

VERY THANKFUL for the prints I do have.....Jem has been my favorite artist since I bought Heat Death
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:56 pm

Oh look another phish fan begging for a hookup.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
tpeazy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:02 pm

andokah wrote:Sorry to bring up my Crohn's disease....I am not trying to use my illness for sympathy.....just wanted to explain why I have identified with this painting and why it means so much to me....

I only have six prints from Jem.....this was the first I missed that I tried to purchase....just to clarify...

VERY THANKFUL for the prints I do have.....Jem has been my favorite artist since I bought Heat Death
No problem man. Fight the good fight.

Definitely create an ISO thread with what you are willing to offer for Cluster. I'm sure someone will bite.
guerilladubber
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:06 pm

Codeblue wrote:Oh look another phish fan begging for a hookup.
this freaking guy...
I would have pegged you a Phish fan for sure, with all your super positive, loving comments.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
tpeazy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:11 pm

guerilladubber wrote:
this freaking guy...
I would have pegged you a Phish fan for sure, with all your super positive, loving comments.
I do understand Codeblue's pessimism. Especially given some of the weak sauce hitting our industry recently.

Anyway, back to talking about Geddes........
zefarrett
Art Freak

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:21 pm

tpeazy wrote:
guerilladubber wrote:
this freaking guy...
I do understand Codeblue's pessimism. Especially given some of the weak sauce hitting our industry recently.

Anyway, back to talking about Geddes........
so.. how bout that geddes and his insane detail!
me owwww
Instagram: zefarrett
Untappd: zefarrett (just pm me who you are)
tpeazy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:29 pm

zefarrett wrote:so.. how bout that geddes and his insane detail!
I gotta say, I've owned or seen most of the Geddes prints in person and although not my favorite image (But still love it!), 'Cafe' is the most insane in terms of realism. It straight up looks like a photograph. So good.
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:34 pm

tpeazy wrote:
zefarrett wrote:so.. how bout that geddes and his insane detail!
I gotta say, I've owned or seen most of the Geddes prints in person and although not my favorite image (But still love it!), 'Cafe' is the most insane in terms of realism. It straight up looks like a photograph. So good.
It's amazing. Not counting all the Horkeys i own, it's one of the... probably two prints i'd never ever sell. The other is APV.
ImageX5 Hodor Image