Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
heartstrand
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:11 am

not been cut down to size yet, but:

Gavatron
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 6:48 am

i likeee a lot
fotbh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 7:19 am

Just got £49 back from HMRC for them charging me too much VAT on an art print I received about 3 months ago. Looks like the whole process of appealing can actually work believe it or not. :clap:
AlanCampbell
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:18 am

Amazing, I always thought that would be a complete brick wall
Gavatron
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:05 am

I pretty much always get the money back just takes fkin ages. I guess they make a living out of overcharging and hoping noone claims.
fotbh
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 10:09 am

Gavatron wrote:I pretty much always get the money back just takes fkin ages. I guess they make a living out of overcharging and hoping noone claims.
Yeah exactly this. I posted the documentation and my letter around mid December and only today did I get a response. Totally worth it.
adamlikesthings
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:37 pm

jamesmassey1988 wrote:Hey UK'ers. This might mean nothing to all of you but, I just signed this petition. You could aswell :wink:
Home Office wrote:"Legalise cannabis
Responsible department: Home Office

A desire for the House of Commons to give a comprehensive debate regarding the merits of legalising cannabis. A need for Parliament to discuss the consequences of legalisation on health, the police force, the economy and our civil liberties. An aim to classify cannabis in line with drugs such as alcohol and tobacco."
I know it isn't art related, forgive me.
:ziggi:

signed that a few months back, old dick branson was throwing his weight behind legalising drugs last week (he's always been a stoner), but i cant see it ever happening in the uk. alas, think of all those lost tax opportunities for the gov.
Giclee - "One unintended consequence of Duganne's choice of name was its problematic use in the French language since it is also modern French slang for male ejaculation"
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:44 pm

I don't expect it to reach the necessary amount of signatures. It's a shame really, the government could save so much money, and gain so much from the tax. And if I hear 'but the government won't legalise it because it's bad for you' one more time, I'm gonna lose my mind.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 3:59 pm

SOLD!!!

Anyone here interested in a mint JC Richard Jurassic Park? Stored flat and out of light since purchase from Mondo. Nice number too; #242

Happy to let it go at below 6 month including postage for my fellow UK collectors. £99

Shipped and packaged well in a thick sturdy mondo tube.

Just don't see this getting on my wall. I also went crazy and brought an iPhone outright so need to recoup. ;)

Will post pics on request.
Last edited by Gravy on Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:02 pm

burndisneyland wrote:Q. Does anyone know where to buy frame spacers/econospace in the UK? Are there any reasonable alternatives available in the UK?
The guy's at brampton framing provided me with some when I brought my frames. I'm sure they'd be happy to provide them alone. Guessing postage would be pricey though due to length.
evillittlegoat
Art Expert

Tue Jan 31, 2012 9:11 am

Would any UK/Ireland members be interested in a Dan McCarthy 2010/2011 sub? All 12 prints but not including Don Stepped. Im thinking £300 posted, £25 per print plus free postage. I cant remember what number they are but its not super low.
kaizoku

Sat Feb 04, 2012 8:55 pm

Well this sucks. I bought the Olly Moss Totoro print from this guy on eBay. Today (over a month later) I message him asking for an update and he responds saying that he's trying to reach me because my transaction was partially incomplete! He needs more money for "supplies and insurance"!

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/250955783830? ... 1423.l2649

I just noticed by his seller's payment instructions: "A small handling and supplies fee will be added to your invoice. Your purchase will be shipped upon receipt from my supplier." But this was a Buy It Now auction so I had to complete payment straight away. I assumed that once I got through the whole eBay checkout and paypal payment process that everything would be final before I clicked submit. This demand is after everything has been done and external to the whole eBay process. Surely he either gets the costs into his listing or he doesn't, end of?

Seems well dodgy, he hasn't said how much yet and I don't think I'm willing to pay anything on principle.

My first experience of buying a real piece of art and now I'm worried about protecting myself against malicious sellers and potentially crazy eBay rules. SIGH!!

Anyone have any advice on where I stand here?
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:49 am

If you won the auction and made the payment then you've done your bit. Is he claiming that he now needs more money? That's not really allowed. As far as eBay are concerned, you've paid and now it's up to the other guy to get the item to you.

If I were you, I'd ask for a refund. If he refuses, file a paypal claim.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
Lomier66
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 4:32 am

That's out of line! If it was BIN and you completed the sale at the price stated you should be finished with the sale and he should have dispatched. I would tell him so and that if he refuses to send it you will be opening a Paypal dispute against him.

His postage already seems really high at over £30! God knows what he needs more money for!? Supplies :? Does he mean the tube and kraft paper? This he'll get free from Mondo or Moss when they ship it to him. Also, I imagine insurance on a $300 print will only be a few dollars.

All sounds a bit iffy to me. But you paid by PP so will be covered if it comes to that.

Hope you get it sorted.
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
bert
Art Expert

Sun Feb 05, 2012 5:57 am

I imagine that either:

a) He's one of these twats that sells prints for a price on ebay, then buys them on the secondary market to fulfil the sale. He's then had to pay more than he thought to get one to send to you

b) He's realised he can sell it for more, so is making up some rubbish so he can relist it.

Either way, I hope you get the print or your money back and make sure you leave him negative feedback when you have either.