Trey Leaf Green Night 05 Not Pollock

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Nov 03, 2005 3:28 pm

This topic is dedicated to: Trey Leaf Green Night 05 Not Pollock

MattStrine
Art Expert

Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:22 am

not a fan of this...
jojobadass
Art God

Sun Nov 06, 2005 9:10 am

nlhaze wrote:not a fan of this...
actually, I find the whole "not pollock" thing rather offensive. A better name would be "not good".
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:37 am

I think people read way too much into the whole thing, however I will go on record as saying that the alpine 2003 print is perhaps one of the best prints ever put out for any show at alpine valley. The whole concept of the piece looking like a quarter of an eyeball, hand lettering in a very classic style, and each portion of the eyeball representing a portion of Alpines layout, stage (black lettering), pavillion (green lettering complete with walkways evident), steep lawn (represented by the bloodshot portion of the eye's white area)...there is actually a lot more thoguht put into this piece than meets the eye.

and, well, to me its just a fantastic piece.

Plus, they are always given away, never initially sold, only sold ont he aftermarket, so that gives them sort of a special feeling to them, especially if the print speaks to you the way the alpine one does to me.

http://www.expressobeans.com/images.php?id=27769

I'm not gonna compare one of NP's prints to another, theyt are all unique and different and like a lot of art,t hey can be hit or miss with any one individual, and since I only have an Alpine, thats the only one I'd care to comment about...and its fantastic!

Jeremy

Jeremy
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:24 pm

his/her/it's art is fine...art's all personal and that's cool.

I just don't like the name.....it's the WWF wrestling of rock art. Might as well call yourself 'Superfly' Jimmy Snuka.
hitmewithposters
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:01 pm

the name is quite clever I think, since it was really in response to everyone keyword spamming their auctions on ebay always including pollock, or not pollock even if it had nothing to do with pollock, phish, or even posters for that matter.

I do not beleive its meant to be some serious vocation for this person, more of a tongue-in-cheek kind of thing, an inside joke if you will, that has actually generated a few really cool prints, some buzz and some prices in he aftermarket that are actually not bad considering its an unknown artist, the artist is not known for other works of art..etc...

But outside of the small bubble of "not pollock" people, I'd doubt they'd garner anything in a true open market.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Sun May 28, 2006 12:02 am

bleah...Vegas one is kinda cool...rest look like usual junk/lot crap