Beer - trading & discussion

Talk about art related subjects here. Post lifespan is 1 year.
thegig
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 9:17 am

I don't know. It's pretty fantastic. Not the kind of beer that blows you away with some wacky crazy citrusy hop flavor or some crazy adjuncts or anything like that. It's not a Double Simcoe IPA or a single-hop special. Just *the* most solid, drinkable, enjoyable IPA I've ever tasted.
ColonelCash
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:08 am

gonesolo wrote:Any chance of getting a trade going for some Pliny the Elder? I have read some great reviews and would love to try it.

Not really sure what I've got around here that is not available elsewhere, but off the top of my head I can get stuff from a brewery in Fort Lauderdale called Holy Mackerel.
Do you get Cigar City in Ft. Lauderdale? If so, I hear those are solid brews. Can't help you out on a Pliny trade, sorry.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:11 am

gonesolo wrote:Any chance of getting a trade going for some Pliny the Elder? I have read some great reviews and would love to try it.

Not really sure what I've got around here that is not available elsewhere, but off the top of my head I can get stuff from a brewery in Fort Lauderdale called Holy Mackerel.
I can ask my beer store to reserve me some. I haven't had any for a while, like 2 3 months. It's mighty good, but I got burned out quick on it. But i think i musta had 10 within two weeks or so. :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:38 am

Looks like the Falling Rock has Pliny on tap, yo.
http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/beer/
just a foil for me today, thanks
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:41 am

How can you talk about beer at 8 in the morning Fredo? That's alcoholic behavior :pint: :pint: :pint: :shock:
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:44 am

fredo wrote:Looks like the Falling Rock has Pliny on tap, yo.
http://fallingrocktaphouse.com/beer/
Let's go!

IJ, you don't belong in this thread. :P
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:49 am

Dude I drymountin LOVE beer! I belong in this thread. I belong on this thread. I belong face down in the gutter with my leg wrapped around this thread.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:50 am

IJ:
"The first beer after work on Friday is the best. The one before breakfast isn't bad either."
--fredo in his drinking heyday

Scott- name the time.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 10:51 am

ironjaiden wrote:Dude I drymountin LOVE beer! I belong in this thread. I belong on this thread. I belong face down in the gutter with my leg wrapped around this thread.
How long has it been since you've drank? (if you don't mind my asking.)

Fredo, maybe this weekend?
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:01 am

sidewaysscott wrote:
ironjaiden wrote:Dude I drymountin LOVE beer! I belong in this thread. I belong on this thread. I belong face down in the gutter with my leg wrapped around this thread.
How long has it been since you've drank? (if you don't mind my asking.)

Fredo, maybe this weekend?
Fantastic Fest 2011 :)
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 11:13 am

I'm good for anytime except during the football games on Sunday. Also open after work next week.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:18 pm

ironjaiden wrote:I belong face down in the gutter with my leg wrapped around this thread.
Stay on your side.
gonesolo
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 19, 2012 12:38 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:

I can ask my beer store to reserve me some. I haven't had any for a while, like 2 3 months. It's mighty good, but I got burned out quick on it. But i think i musta had 10 within two weeks or so. :lol:

Yes please! I'd really appreciate it.

Re: Cigar City
I have seen the Jai Alai IPA as well as the Maduro Brown Ale at my local spot.

Anyone ever been to a microbrewery in St Augustine called A1A aleworks?
Codeblue wrote:Oof.
pj101ca
Art Expert

Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:46 pm

Couldn't resist picking these first two up just for Tara's artwork

60, 90, & 120 minute IPA's...

Indian Brown, Immort Ale, Chicory Stout

mike123230 wrote:hahahah lawyers are stupid. boom. roasted.
mielia

Sun Jan 22, 2012 11:24 pm

I am actually looking to start on brewing my own beer in a couple of months. I have been quite familiar with a lot of instruments and processes needed to pull it off. I am most keen on picking the right flavors to infuse with it. Though the first on my list would still be that mango beer. And I am excited to try that one out. I will be more than willing to trade with you as well.