Drive 11 White

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:38 pm

It's interesting that this film has made so many designers feel compelled to do a poster for it. I wonder what quality fuels that. It's certainly a nice looking movie with style for days but there's gotta be something else driving (hah) this creative output.
It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out. I wonder what the... wait a secon.. I got it! Only one ingredient could make a soup this good.

jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:46 pm

tranito wrote:I hear the printing on Boyes' adds some punch to it, so I don't expect it to lose any point there.
The metallics look fantastic.
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
tranito
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:52 pm

ironjaiden wrote:It's interesting that this film has made so many designers feel compelled to do a poster for it. I wonder what quality fuels that. It's certainly a nice looking movie with style for days but there's gotta be something else driving (hah) this creative output.
It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out. I wonder what the... wait a secon.. I got it! Only one ingredient could make a soup this good.
Overall, I'd say poster artists felt compelled because every aspect of this film seems art oriented, if that means anything. Not really sure what art direction does in a movie, but if that is something, I'd say give that art director guy an Oscar. From the direction, music, dialogues, I'd even say the performances and of course the visuals (overall look and style), all were well thought out and polished to give a final product that is an art film. I'm not surprised it inspires many artists who design/draw for a living to create a poster about it.
Kramerica wrote:There are a ton of really nice people who come across as complete dickheads on EB.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:53 pm

ironjaiden wrote: It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out.
This is some flashy lookin' unauthorized bs!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 2:58 pm

Codeblue wrote:
ironjaiden wrote: It's also interesting to see the copyright patrol sit this one out.
This is some flashy lookin' unauthorized bs!
Is it? I know he was afraid to print it initially due to those concerns... so he said he was waiting to get the "OK." The fact that he is now doing a big run, I took to mean he got the official go ahead.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
binky79
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:01 pm

This one is official. Or so he says.

https://twitter.com/#!/Signalnoise/stat ... 8908664832
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:02 pm

Oh snap. In that case, POTY!
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:03 pm

Yup.

" After a little while of negotiating, my agent and good pal Ollie Judge inked a deal with Film District to make this poster official."
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:50 pm

Why's it always gotta be drive white?
edderlyj
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:01 pm

We've been showing this for two and a half months. There's always at least two people in the theater, but never more than twenty. Having seen this flick 12 times or so, I can firmly plant it in my top five all time favorites. I agree there'll be a few more inspired pieces down the line. The movie is the driver's, but there are three other big faces, and a car or two that deserve a little more ink, imho.
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 07, 2012 4:05 pm

Damn you, IJ. Damn you.
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 6:51 pm

binky79 wrote:This one is official. Or so he says.

https://twitter.com/#!/Signalnoise/stat ... 8908664832
Oh wow that's rad. Poster still woulda been the hot fudge as a bootleg but now it's got that sexy flip poh-tench! 8)
machination wrote:Damn you, IJ. Damn you.
Look at him! :drool:
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Sat Jan 07, 2012 8:36 pm

I forgot to mention that James White's style really matches the aesthetics and music of the film too.
dasher12
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:53 pm

It doesn't hurt that Carey Mulligan and Christina Hendricks are smoking hot in this film either. A killer combo.

I want one !
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Jan 07, 2012 9:56 pm

machination wrote:I forgot to mention that James White's style really matches the aesthetics and music of the film too.
Yeah he's just about the perfect artist for this.