Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:41 pm

Mine updates every few min but I click it like a F5 sometime. 8)
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:43 pm

chisoxfan2424 wrote:
black7towr wrote:I'm guessing we will get Beauty and the Beast either tomorrow or next friday for sure. Which i will desperately need a PB for my sisters birthday.
If you are serious you should have no trouble scoring. I bet dial up could snag that.
I have had the worst luck snagging prints lately. I definitely want Beauty and the Beast so if someone could PB for me i would really, really appreciate it.

Beauty and the Beast is part of the Disney series. So when it gets released on the 13th we should absolutely get a drop.
thedeanmachine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:47 pm

when was it said that beauty and the beast was part of the disney series?
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:48 pm

black7towr wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:
black7towr wrote:I'm guessing we will get Beauty and the Beast either tomorrow or next friday for sure. Which i will desperately need a PB for my sisters birthday.
If you are serious you should have no trouble scoring. I bet dial up could snag that.
I have had the worst luck snagging prints lately. I definitely want Beauty and the Beast so if someone could PB for me i would really, really appreciate it.

Beauty and the Beast is part of the Disney series. So when it gets released on the 13th we should absolutely get a drop.
oh I see. I think Justin alluded to the fact that Two-Gun Mickey was our last chance to get a Whalen Disney print... but that doesn't mean that another artist can't do a couple. Still, I wouldn't hold your breath for a Beauty and the Beast drop next week... there's been a lot of instances where stuff's been released (like Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and people thought for sure Mondo would release a poster to coincide with the DVD release and then..... nothing.
fredo
Art God

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:51 pm

RiotAct wrote:
FlapJack wrote:I thought, from the interview, that Frank was still working on it. Whatever that means.
Frank Kozik's doing a Mondo print??? :vomit:
You mean YAY! right?
just a foil for me today, thanks
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:51 pm

RiotAct wrote:
black7towr wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:

oh I see. I think Justin alluded to the fact that Two-Gun Mickey was our last chance to get a Whalen Disney print... but that doesn't mean that another artist can't do a couple. Still, I wouldn't hold your breath for a Beauty and the Beast drop next week... there's been a lot of instances where stuff's been released (like Rise of the Planet of the Apes) and people thought for sure Mondo would release a poster to coincide with the DVD release and then..... nothing.
Yea that could definitely be the case but i am hoping a drop coincides with the rerelease.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:54 pm

wow I feel dumb about asking if that was part of the Tong series now... I just realized fairy tales ≠ Disney - LOL
FlapJack
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:56 pm

RiotAct wrote:
FlapJack wrote:I thought, from the interview, that Frank was still working on it. Whatever that means.
Yes! Wait - No! Brain Fart! Yes! :lol:

Topped off my coffee mug ... :pint:
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:57 pm

RiotAct wrote:
I really wish he would :drool:

phubar2
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:57 pm

RiotAct wrote:wow I feel dumb about asking if that was part of the Tong series now... I just realized fairy tales ≠ Disney - LOL

Get yourself together man!
jal9000
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:09 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
jal9000 wrote:I will gladly trade my Stout Akira for the Dark Tower since when it's released it will be my Great White Buffalo.
Is that a thing?
I'm genuinely curious - I haven't heard that saying before, just white whale. I googled it but found fudge about Hot Tub Time Machine and albino buffaloes.
Yeah I got it from Hot Tub Time Machine, a really funny movie if you've been drinking and/or like the '80s.
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:12 pm

or Terrible Ted, and the Ten Fingers of Doom!!!
emac
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:20 pm

oldboy wrote:
mike123230 wrote:maybe this will finally be the year I get to comiccon...

When do tickets go on sale?
good luck with that last year it was extremely hard to buy single day tickets from the comiccon website it crashed at least 4 different times when they tried to sell them online last year, this year the 4 day passes are already sold out for 2012 the single day tickets should go on sale next month if not by the end of this one best of luck to everyone trying to buy single day tickets i know i was super pissed last year when i was trying to get them,luckily one of my buddies got me a 4 day pass last year while he was there.BOL everyone.
SDCC registration page doesn't say 4-day passes are sold out, unless I'm completely missing something. :? It does say that people have to register for a special SDCC Member ID before buying a pass, that Member ID registration for people who didn't pre-order 2012 badges will be sometime this month, and that only one badge can be purchased per Member ID (per person as verified through email addy and photo ID, basically). The pricing page still shows all tiers of badges, but I guess we'll see when Member ID reg is opened to the public.
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:22 pm

I guess Friday is :tumbleweed: ...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
phubar2
Art Expert

Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:25 pm

rubberneck wrote:I guess Friday is :tumbleweed: ...

Seriously, what's the deal? Why ya holding out Justin?