Art Expert

Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:58 pm

screw you dutchie!!!!!
not dead
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:10 pm

Jullie zijn Nederlanders? Wel luek, jongens :D

Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <
turnJBup
Art Freak

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:33 pm

Codeblue wrote:How about a good ol' fashioned AP2 rant for old times sake?
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:42 pm

I just packed 30 tubes

so, someone is still buying this fudge
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Dec 26, 2011 3:48 pm

yeah, it felt great
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
Imatruck
Art Expert

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:03 am

everyone should quit the scene...and sell me their jay ryan posters on the way out. it's a dead end hobby kids. now silly bandz......that's where it's at.
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:24 pm

Anyone out there with a significant collection ever thought about a next move .... ie musea, donation, taxes, consolidating with other collectors... to name a few keywords out there?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:25 pm

World domination.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Cragars
Art Expert

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:31 pm

ColdSoreSuperstar wrote:screw you dutchie!!!!!
from the lefthand side
piemel
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:35 pm

Codeblue wrote:World domination.
i tried that... too boring
haven
Art Expert

Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:43 pm

It might be exciting to sell me some old Ryans.
Xander
Art Expert

Tue Dec 27, 2011 11:09 pm

piemel wrote:Anyone out there with a significant collection ever thought about a next move .... ie musea, donation, taxes, consolidating with other collectors... to name a few keywords out there?
I don't have a significant collection of prints by any means of the word, but from the viewpoint of a new collector, my expectation is to buy prints/OGs from artists I actually like (such as Keyes, Sol, etc.), shy away from blowing money on hype (Mondo, Mr. Brainwash, etc.), have my collected prints professionally framed to the highest standards and then branching out to other artists (if I think their work fits within my growing collection). This process will slowly repeat itself until my walls are covered with framed prints and OGs that all work in tandem with each other. I think my goal is to be on top of stuff that my favorite artists release, but at the end of the day, I don't want a flat file full of prints I have no intention of ever framing. I also don't want to end up selling off most of my collection in the future because I've acquired too much crap and spent a lot of money doing so.
aahnutz
EB Team

Wed Dec 28, 2011 4:16 am

piemel wrote: 1) Are the old time collectors that we around 5-10 years ago still at it?
2) What are you doing with your collection? Expanding, selling, looking at donating? What are your plans for your stacks and stacks of posters?
3) What is the scene like today? More douchebags than normal?
1) Yes.
2) Expanding for particular artists, downsizing - selling and gifting - for others, considering donating a few to a world-class art museum with an extensive print collection
3) Too many "fanboys" narrowly focused on just a couple of "hot artists of the moment." In other words, they don't give a fudge about the art. They just want to buy as many copies as they can during the release then immediately resell at a much higher price. The only reason they take the print out of the tube is to take a photo for their eBay auctions. Pretty much why I stopped buying for the most part.
Codeblue wrote:How about a good ol' fashioned AP2 rant for old times sake?
:lol:
piemel wrote:Anyone out there with a significant collection ever thought about a next move .... ie musea, donation, taxes, consolidating with other collectors... to name a few keywords out there?
Why do you want to know? Sounds like you have something in mind...

I recently received a copy of the newest Gigposters book. I had a great time looking over every page. It reminded me of why I started to collect in the first place. It was good to realize that excitement was still there for me - something I thought I lost. There are so many great artists still waiting to be discovered and appreciated...
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
ricv64
Art Expert

Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:03 am

This is pretty much a subculture with in a subculture . While a handful of institutions are vaguely interested , they still consider it commericial art . Someone with deep pockets , like that Moon Alice guy , would have to build a wing before they jump on those offers of donations .
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila