The Official Tiny Showcase Thread

General art-related discussion.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Nov 29, 2011 7:37 pm

"Lumber Mountain" by Jen Corace

Measures 7" x 4.75"

$20.00

Each year Jen Corace creates an amazing piece of artwork to promote the Craftland Holiday Show, a month-long annual holiday sale in downtown Providence that celebrates all kinds of sparkly handmade objects and the 170 artists who make them. This year's 10th Annual Craftland Show opens with a huge party on Friday, December 2nd. The show runs through the new year.

Jen Corace's "Lumber Mountain" is an open print edition that will be available for purchase on Tiny Showcase through the Craftland opening party on Friday, December 2. Each print ships with a corresponding certificate of authenticity.
Jen has chosen Planned Parenthood of Southern New England as her artwork's charity. Planned Parenthood of Southern New England works to protect individuals' rights to manage their own fertility and sexual health, and to ensure access to the services, education and information to realize that right. $250 dollars from the sale of her artwork will be donated to the organization.
fry
Art Enthusiast

Fri Dec 02, 2011 5:55 pm

for you type nerds (which includes me :oops: ):

Spoke Art wrote:Our good friend, artist, designer, type designer, printer, sign painter, and all-around wonderful human Arley-Rose Torsone joins Tiny Showcase on this fine & sunny Friday with a letterpress edition that is has become the official mantra of my friends and family.

"IT'S GOING TO BE O.K." is letterpress print that Arley-Rose created for the AS220 print editions project. It is simple, beautifully designed, and hand lettered by the artist. The letterpress edition was printed by Providence's Morgan Calderini. For weeks everyone who has seen the artwork hanging in my office asks me where they can get a copy. Now we've made it simple for them. "IT'S GOING TO BE O.K." is available immediately on Tiny Showcase.

Have a terrific weekend.

Jon/Shea'la
Tiny Showcase
lazk
Art Expert

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:40 pm

1 left..

I had to grab one.
T.K.C.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Dec 02, 2011 6:42 pm

lazk wrote:1 left..

I had to grab one.
No there isn't.......... 8)
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri Dec 02, 2011 7:28 pm

beautiful......

"IT'S GOING TO BE O.K." by Arley-Rose Torsone

Letterpress edition measuring roughly 12" by 12".
-1 available for purchase through Tiny Showcase.

:lol: :lol: 8)
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:36 pm

"SAILS!" is an edition of 100 handmade wire sculptures measuring roughly 6.5" wide by 5.5" tall.

100 available for purchase.

$100.00

This artwork will ship well before the holidays.

C.W. Roelle's "SAILS!" is an edition of 100 handmade wire ship sculptures. Pieces will be randomly selected for you while shipping. Each ship sculpture comes with a small hook on the back, allowing it to be hung on a nail or a tack. The sculptures vary slightly in size but the largest is roughly 6.5" wide by 5.5" high. The sculpture is three-dimensional and sits about 1" off of the wall.

In honor of his pet turtle C.W. Roelle has chosen The Turtle Survival Alliance as his artwork's charity. The Turtle Survival Alliance works to transform passion for turtles into effective conservation action through a global network of living collections and recovery programs. The organization works in countries where endangered chelonian species occur, developing the capacity for turtle conservation through training and capacity building, and generally emphasizing programs with a captive component (headstarting, captive breeding, and rescue). $250 dollars from the sale of "SAILS!" will be donated to the organization.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:33 pm

Owen Gatley's "Map of the World"

Owen Gatley's map of the world is a four-color letterpress print on archival 100% cotton Coventry Rag.

Measuring 19" x 13", the artwork was printed by Providence's DWRI Letterpress. Each print has been blind debossed with the artist's name and edition information. Prints are accompanied by a certificate of authenticity.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:37 pm

sabotage wrote:Cant wait for the Moon phases letterpress by Alec Thibodeau. One of my favorite prints each year. Should be coming out soon. No? Anyone know anything?
Series is over- not sure if you heard........... :(
recycler
Art Expert

Tue Dec 13, 2011 8:25 pm

Why is it over - the sun and moon still dance.
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:34 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
sabotage wrote:Cant wait for the Moon phases letterpress by Alec Thibodeau. One of my favorite prints each year. Should be coming out soon. No? Anyone know anything?
Damn! I was wondering...They are usually released by now. Can't imagine why they would stop producing these. They seemed very popular. I'm certainly bummed.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:38 pm

sabotage wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
Damn! I was wondering...They are usually released by now. Can't imagine why they would stop producing these. They seemed very popular. I'm certainly bummed.
damn is right. :x
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
scumbugg
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 20, 2011 5:44 pm

yes, the series is done. i emailed alec directly a couple weeks ago, and he told me that the series had an over-arching narrative that he considers concluded. wish i had known that before i had it framed last month in anticipation of a 2012 drop.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Dec 20, 2011 7:31 pm

A Guy is Fighting a Monster Out of Nowhere...
An anthology by The Providence Comics Consortium.

Locals! Fellow Rhode Islanders!

Wanna pick up a copy of the book in time for Hanukkah or Christmas? We've stashed a few copies of the anthology at Buonaccorsi+Agniel. The gallery will be open Wednesday through Friday from 12-6. If you intend on picking up the book just let us know and we will refund your shipping.

Why not stop by, pick up your order, and view their current show featuring work by one of the anthology's contributors, Brian Chippendale?! That sounds like a lovely little outing.
Weighing in at 217 pages, this 7" by 8.5" anthology was created over the past several months at the branches of the Providence Community Library. It features the artwork of 46 kids and 20 adult comic artists.

The Providence Comics Consortium is a loose affiliation of people who are psyched about kid and adult artists working together to make and self publish comics. Started in the Fall of 2010 with a Rhode Island State Council on the Arts grant, the workshop series was hosted at five Providence Community Library branches. The Consortium's changing cast of characters, herded by Walker Mettling and Andrew Oesch, continue to exploring generative story and drawing games with new Comics Classes starting up in 2012 at the Washington Park Library and The Learning Community Charter School.

Artists include Emmy Bright, Eric Lamont, CF, Ian Myers, Tom Bubul, Andrew Oesch, Walker Mettling, Meredith Younger & Allegra Richards, Alec Thibodeau, William Schaff, Mickey Zacchilli, Juliet Smith & Julia Gaultieri, Chuck Forsman, Jackie H Curtis, Ian G. Cozzens, Melissa Mendes, Jess Fields, Natalja Kent, and Brian Chippendale.

217 pages. 7" wide by 8.5" tall.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Tue Dec 27, 2011 8:38 pm

Last one of the year! and i just might pick this one up...if so, first in a loooooooong while.

"Island"

Becca Stadtlander

Print # 4 of 100

5" x 7" (plus border for framing)

$20.00

Becca has chosen the American Cancer Society as her artwork's charity. The American Cancer Society works to save lives and create a world with less cancer by helping people stay well, helping people get well, by finding cures, and by fighting back. $250 dollars from the sale of Becca's artwork will be donated to the organization.
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Tue Jan 03, 2012 8:05 pm

Welcome 2012 Tiny!

"Old Friend" by Rachell Sumpter

Measures roughly 10" x 10"

$25.00

Rachell has chosen Waking the Village as her artwork's charity. Waking the Village is a nonprofit organization directing Tubman House, a free, 18 month transitional living program for Sacramento's homeless, parenting youth. At Tubman House, youth experience dynamic coursework, community support, counseling and healthy living so that they leave prepared to be leaders in their own lives and the lives of their communities. $250 dollars from the sale of her artwork will be donated to the organization.