There is Glory in our Failure 09 Geddes

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 27, 2011 3:45 pm

This has always been my favorite Geddes, and for some reason I ended up with heat death and slept too long on this. At this point I never thought I'd own it, but I just was able to track one down and got seriously hooked up. I'll get some pics up when I get it framed, which should hopefully be pretty soon!

This one I've felt has always been his sleeper, but was the first image of his that totally blew my mind.
john38103
Art Expert

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:55 am

titanm3 wrote:This has always been my favorite Geddes, and for some reason I ended up with heat death and slept too long on this. At this point I never thought I'd own it, but I just was able to track one down and got seriously hooked up. I'll get some pics up when I get it framed, which should hopefully be pretty soon!

This one I've felt has always been his sleeper, but was the first image of his that totally blew my mind.
Congrats. Heat Death and There is Glory are an excellent pair to have.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Mon Nov 21, 2011 4:55 am

I finally dropped mine off at the framers. Will post some pics when it comes back, but like most of mine it will be real simple.
goldenrose
Art Expert

Wed Nov 23, 2011 4:55 pm

titanm3 wrote:This has always been my favorite Geddes, and for some reason I ended up with heat death and slept too long on this. At this point I never thought I'd own it, but I just was able to track one down and got seriously hooked up. I'll get some pics up when I get it framed, which should hopefully be pretty soon!

This was the first Gedde's print that I bought and may be my favorite. Wasn't really sure if I was going to dig it until it arrived and then it was like wow. So glad I was able to experience the whole thing with no pressure involved and get it at cost. Little did I know how familiar those red tubes would become :).
the reckless are out wrecking, the timid plead their pleas - robert hunter
SUCKERPUNCH
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:16 pm

Ditto Mr Rose. :D
rubberneck
Art God

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:07 pm

A 'slightly stained' print is going for only US $1,699.00 on the bay... 8)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
PaintByNumbers
Art Expert

Thu Dec 08, 2011 1:44 pm

rubberneck wrote:A 'slightly stained' print is going for only US $1,699.00 on the bay... 8)
If you would like to help those affected by the tragedy in Boston, please donate here : http://onefundboston.org/

'I have come here to chew bubblegum and kick ass... and I'm all out of bubblegum. '
rubberneck
Art God

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:15 pm

This seller has his sales pitch down, check out the essay below the print:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/JEREMY-GEDDES-T ... 1368wt_966
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=515-EfhXne0

"rara charta, gravi negotio"
rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:19 pm

At least he is an informed seller....wish I had the coin to make an offer on it.....really love this piece
gonzo303
Art Freak

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:20 pm

rockbridge wrote:At least he is an informed seller....wish I had the coin to make an offer on it.....really love this piece
No more offer anymore, its BIN 3,470.00 and to think less than 6 months ago I could have had it for $500. :hanging:

Sam if you get this, I am coming down to drool over it! My favorite Geddes piece.
Same fudge, different drop.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Tue Feb 07, 2012 10:28 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
rockbridge wrote:At least he is an informed seller....wish I had the coin to make an offer on it.....really love this piece
No more offer anymore, its BIN 3,470.00 and to think less than 6 months ago I could have had it for $500. :hanging:

Sam if you get this, I am coming down to drool over it! My favorite Geddes piece.
Bring me a sleeping bag when you come cuz my wife will have kicked me out on my arse for buying it :lol:
Simulacrum7
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:51 am

Amazing artwork - but I can't imagine spending that much coin on a giclee.
crosshair
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 04, 2012 12:33 pm

Still think this is beautiful. But I just don't get this kind of value being attached to a digital print. I'm not saying it's wrong, just that I don't get it.

This could have been a gorgeous Screenprint.
titanm3
Art Connoisseur

Tue Dec 04, 2012 10:50 pm

the practicality of it is just not there. even the slightest bit of visible halftones would ruin this as a print. Who else is doing photorealistic screenprints right now? People always reference that one print of the taxi that was around 99 screens or something, and how much did those cost? This is definitely a very monotone piece of art, but even then there is so much detail and subtle lighting that it would take a lot of work.

All the prints were nearly made to order back then, I believe they had a few on hand and would order more as some sold. They weren't selling out, so it was hardly the time for experimenting.

Would I ever spend that much on any print? No (and thankfully I didn't have to). Screenprinted or not. But if I were, it would be a Geddes over anyone else's screenprint. I've never once looked at this and been upset that it wasn't printed differently, or even have bothered to think about the printing over the image itself. It really doesn't get to me that a machine didn't pull ink across a screen instead of dropping dots of ink on a piece of paper.
mattkardish
Art Expert

Fri Mar 27, 2015 9:06 am

Hahaajp wrote:It's a giclee as well and can be purchased here: http://www.jeremygeddesart.com/purchase.html# :)
those were the days.

i try to go back and remember where I might have been instead of typing that url into my browser