My Attack the Block poster

General art-related discussion.
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:27 am

Not done yet. I always loved putting progression of artwork up to show, definitely cuz of the comments and sometimes very helpful suggestions. Anyway, doing this just out of fun, since I loved the movie.

DRAFT:

UPDATE:1
Last edited by skyloreang on Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cragars
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:43 am

:shock: Nice. I like the comic book-ish explosion and the depth so far :clap:
Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 30, 2011 3:30 am

wow, nice, I like this style, interesting to see that it's totally different from your 12 angry men poster. I am still waiting for this to arrive in Germany :wink: .

BTW: What about a 'To Kill a Mockingbird' poster some day? Would love to see your style and ideas on that!
Imageth Circle * Image
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:18 am

Libertine wrote:wow, nice, I like this style, interesting to see that it's totally different from your 12 angry men poster. I am still waiting for this to arrive in Germany :wink: .

BTW: What about a 'To Kill a Mockingbird' poster some day? Would love to see your style and ideas on that!
I also look forward to seeing the 12 Angry Men print in person. Cool poster. :pint:

Mockingbird is a great movie and would make an awesome companion to 12 Angry Men.

Just my opinion, but I don't like that lettering or those colors for Attack the Block.
Philpenn
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 5:25 am

Very cool draft. I'm guessing the red side will be the kids, and the grey will be the monsters climbing the building? I think the lettering works really well. Agree it gives a comics feel, which I got from the movie too.
Gkohler
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:03 am

I love it! Your 12 angry men print is flawless. Can't wait to see this finished..and on my wall!
"We're growing mold, on the fruits of our labors"
jlabbate
Art Freak

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:08 am

this poster has potential :D
blog
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:22 am

very excited to see it
╭∩╮ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ╭∩╮
ricv64
Art Expert

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:25 am

I like process stuff but to me it's best to show it in a thread after it's finished .
shoot , move and communicate - 125th SIG BN saying

Leokani Okauwila
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:42 am

RottenAtom wrote:
Libertine wrote:wow, nice, I like this style, interesting to see that it's totally different from your 12 angry men poster. I am still waiting for this to arrive in Germany :wink: .

I also look forward to seeing the 12 Angry Men print in person. Cool poster. :pint:

Mockingbird is a great movie and would make an awesome companion to 12 Angry Men.

Just my opinion, but I don't like that lettering or those colors for Attack the Block.
I agree. Concept with the split design is great, but ATB needs some blue shades.

....also I wouldn't post too much about this or you might end up with a cease and desist before you ever get it finished and ready for print. I think that's why most people announce and release pretty much at the same time.
skyloreang
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 01, 2011 1:31 am

Hey guys! Thanks so much for the comments. I'll try to reply to them all here. Alsoo, there's a brand new update!

1.) Yah it's a bit different from my 12 Angry Men poster. That was the first time I tried my hand at screenprint poster, and that was because Jay invited me. I like to think that I should vary my style to fit how a movie feels like, so that's how I like to tackle my artwork.

2.) On font and color. I kind of liked the comic book feel and the blue and red color pattern. Of course that's just how I see it. If you have any suggestion on fonts and colors, I'm all ears. I'm open to trying out stuff and experimenting as I go along :)

3.) As for putting it all in one update? I guess I can do that, but I also enjoy putting up stages as I actually do the work. I find some comments can be very helpful in process. And I'm not that afraid of a c and d. This is just for fun, no one's asked me to do it and as a student I can't really afford to make my own posters and sell em. So I guess since I'm not distributing it, I guess this should be just fanart. Though I'm doing it in the style of screen print (I like how limiting the colors can challenge the design.)
ironjaiden
Art Expert

Sat Oct 01, 2011 2:33 am

Oh this thing's gonna rule. If you "accidentally" send me the source file when it's done this will be a screen printed poster 8)
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Sat Oct 01, 2011 3:11 am

skyloreang wrote:Hey guys! Thanks so much for the comments. I'll try to reply to them all here. Alsoo, there's a brand new update!

1.) Yah it's a bit different from my 12 Angry Men poster. That was the first time I tried my hand at screenprint poster, and that was because Jay invited me. I like to think that I should vary my style to fit how a movie feels like, so that's how I like to tackle my artwork.

2.) On font and color. I kind of liked the comic book feel and the blue and red color pattern. Of course that's just how I see it. If you have any suggestion on fonts and colors, I'm all ears. I'm open to trying out stuff and experimenting as I go along :)

3.) As for putting it all in one update? I guess I can do that, but I also enjoy putting up stages as I actually do the work. I find some comments can be very helpful in process. And I'm not that afraid of a c and d. This is just for fun, no one's asked me to do it and as a student I can't really afford to make my own posters and sell em. So I guess since I'm not distributing it, I guess this should be just fanart. Though I'm doing it in the style of screen print (I like how limiting the colors can challenge the design.)
I'm all for updates and I just wanna say that you have a great attitude :pint: Definitely fulfill your vision, I'm interested to see your take on it.

The additions are looking good. I'd also be interested to see a variant in black and electric blue or electric bluish green, similar to the color of the titles in the trailer.

Libertine
Art Connoisseur

Sat Oct 01, 2011 4:23 am

ironjaiden wrote:Oh this thing's gonna rule. If you "accidentally" send me the source file when it's done this will be a screen printed poster 8)
And I would buy this for sure! 8)
Imageth Circle * Image