Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
Pizz1449
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 22, 2011 9:59 am

I concur with that prediction :D
Celsius wrote:I predict tomorrow's drop will be ansin's Planet of the apes.

Will bet two contributions that I'm right! (If I'm right, you have to contribute 2 pieces of art work to the database within the next 24 hours, if I'm wrong, I have to do it within the next 24 hours) any takers?
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:02 am

afrosteeziac wrote:Man, been thinking about MMM:LA so much I totally forgot about the weeks leading up to it. Conan or Watchmen would definitely be a nice surprise.
I've actually had some dreams about MMM:LA :drool:
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:08 am

thunderinthesky wrote:
afrosteeziac wrote:Man, been thinking about MMM:LA so much I totally forgot about the weeks leading up to it. Conan or Watchmen would definitely be a nice surprise.
I've actually had some dreams about MMM:LA :drool:
LOL, I havn't quite gotten to that point yet. I'm conflicted though with the next couple of weeks. While I would love to see a Conan or Watchmen etc. I also wouldn't mind saving a few extra pennies. Damn this hobby!
rmoore
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:13 am

Damn that first tweet Justin, I was running out the door to get to the box office until I saw the second one about tix only for badgeholders. :D
dylansdad
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:46 am

After picking up MMM tickets, I'm kind of hoping that there is no online sale this week, so my wallet can rest until I get paid next week.

But if Ansin's POTA poster finally gets released, I'm buying it one way or another.

I think I would like to see a Stout Watchmen more than just about anything else from him right now. That Snyder series has really dropped off the radar...
adamsmasher
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:03 am

I'd jump for either Ansin or Stout, but I'm secretly hoping they save those for MMM LA so I can resist the urge to crack open my wallet and still have $ set aside for variants. :D
Celsius
Flipper

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:06 am

Non-badge holders can buy tickets for an american werewolf in London starting 9/24 -- the day of.
9/24 is an exclusive screening presented by Mondo, and includes a limited edition screen printed poster by Olly Moss, as well as special guests in attendance. Tickets are available in person at the S. Lamar box office and are $65. Badge holders are encouraged to buy tickets 9/22-9/23, as ticket sales will be open to the public beginning 9/24 (announced on twitter.com/mondonews)

There is an additional screening of the film on 9/28 at 12:30pm that is without charge for badge holders. (Note: the 9/24 6:05 screening is the only screening with special guests + poster)
http://fantasticfest.festivalgenius.com ... icfest2011

Edit: Hey, I became an art connoisseur
Last edited by Celsius on Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Beautiful white wings for you. For the world? Death and destruction." - Spoiler Character (Baten Kaitos: Eternal Wings and the Lost Ocean)

https://plushart.club
thunderinthesky
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:08 am

adamsmasher wrote:I'd jump for either Ansin or Stout, but I'm secretly hoping they save those for MMM LA so I can resist the urge to crack open my wallet and still have $ set aside for variants. :D
Watchmen at MMM:LA would be awesome.

Stout - Ghostbusters
Ansin - Watchmen would be rad.

I know Stout - Watchmen would EPIC :shock: but I think Ansin would do an amazing job as well, leaving Stout to do Ghostbusters since it is afterall 6 different artist.
Looking for a place to crash in L.A. for MMM also, need a ride to the events. Will suply food and booze.
Shak13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:13 am

Anyone get their Whalen Dumbo print yet? My order is still processing.
When it all comes down to it, it's just paper.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:15 am

Shak13 wrote:Anyone get their Whalen Dumbo print yet? My order is still processing.
They said it will be next week due to FF. As seen on twitter.
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:16 am

dylansdad wrote:
I think I would like to see a Stout Watchmen more than just about anything else from him right now. That Snyder series has really dropped off the radar...
Agreed...actually looking forward to seeing what or if they do anything with 300
Shak13
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:17 am

SaintNoir wrote:
Shak13 wrote:Anyone get their Whalen Dumbo print yet? My order is still processing.
They said it will be next week due to FF. As seen on twitter.
Thanks for the update. I haven't been checking my Twitter recently.
When it all comes down to it, it's just paper.
tlaz
Art Expert

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:24 am

OMG how about if Stout made a print of Ansin making a print of Moss making a print of Stout making a print of Ansin working on something cool for mondo!! :pint:
PorkBelly
Art Connoisseur

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:27 am

dylansdad wrote:I think I would like to see a Stout Watchmen more than just about anything else from him right now.
30th Anniversary Escape from New York.

If Mondo doesn't make it happen, they are missing out on a great opportunity to make both the artist and the fans insanely happy.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Sep 22, 2011 11:30 am

PorkBelly wrote:
dylansdad wrote:I think I would like to see a Stout Watchmen more than just about anything else from him right now.
30th Anniversary Escape from New York.

If Mondo doesn't make it happen, they are missing out on a great opportunity to make both the artist and the fans insanely happy.
THIS! :clap: