10,000 Lakes Festival 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:33 pm

What do you do for a living Mr. Flipper, other than flipping of course?
ryan_1969

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:35 pm

they-called-him-flipper wrote:how many music fans were at Coachella and 10KLF? Thats pretty random...who knows maybe Ill go on EMEK tour....theres no GD or Phish...Ill just get rooms at the Four Seasons...Hookers, Blow and a stack of posters...I can see it now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
you fit the mold of the typical greedy...likes to make money on other fans and the scene in general....i was just trying to explain this in another thread. good for you slacker.
Gigantico
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:41 pm

ryan_1969 wrote:
they-called-him-flipper wrote:how many music fans were at Coachella and 10KLF? Thats pretty random...who knows maybe Ill go on EMEK tour....theres no GD or Phish...Ill just get rooms at the Four Seasons...Hookers, Blow and a stack of posters...I can see it now :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:
you fit the mold of the typical greedy...likes to make money on other fans and the scene in general....i was just trying to explain this in another thread. good for you slacker.
Yea, they're everywhere. I like to call it the Tickle-me-Elmo phenomenon because it's oldest example I recall. Concert tickets, Art Prints, Video Games, Sporting events to name a few. At least this d-bag put a target on his forehead so that we can abuse him! With all due respect flipper, EAT A DICK!!!
boatingbenny
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2007 3:57 pm

Those are the best jugs I have seen in a while!!!
Kdh12
Art Freak

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:00 pm

they-called-him-flipper wrote:Dumb luck....but everyday Im hustlin'.........If it wasnt for me how would verybody get thier prints.....plus I drag the price down....I am still a poster scalper :twisted:

So you are not GOD just GOD'S gift to us the poster collector :) must be nice..........

oh yeah thanks for holding down that price for the 10KL I am sure people love paying $175, and you don't mind making $135 a print either
jimmy4wmu
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:26 pm

they-called-him-flipper wrote: the only person who is perfect is God and thats not me :twisted:
Well you exsist, so he must not be perfect either. :toilet:
MJBuck
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:27 pm

Kdh12 wrote:
they-called-him-flipper wrote:Dumb luck....but everyday Im hustlin'.........If it wasnt for me how would verybody get thier prints.....plus I drag the price down....I am still a poster scalper :twisted:

So you are not GOD just GOD'S gift to us the poster collector :) must be nice..........

oh yeah thanks for holding down that price for the 10KL I am sure people love paying $175, and you don't mind making $135 a print either
I'm not sure I understand all the hubub. He was there, he was greedy when he bought 20 posters to sell on ebay, but what would have happened to those prints? My guess is someone else would have listed them on the bay...It's not as if this was a tough commodity to get at the shows.
Now I do take an issue w/ his sale of 4 of the Pollock Robot prints. Those did have a strict limit and sold out in less than a day. He screwed others out of that print that were at the show. :twisted:

His guns blazing flipping emails aren't winning him any friends either....
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:45 pm

I'm the one who bad mouths this self proclaimed hustler, though not quite every day, and who gave the neg feedback. I did state that he refunded my money after a month, and I wish I could say I'd deal with the guy again cause he has ALL the 10k lakes, but burn me once and I learn not to trust. My Coachella was not packaged as promised (no craft paper). Tube was sh!t so it arrived damaged. i notified him within a week of the auction ending that I received the damaged poster. He promised to replace with new, but for weeks he continued to flip more of them while he took a month to respond - then oops, no mint ones left. He's got a few neutrals on the bay, so maybe others are more forgiving than I. Buyer beware.

As to "how would verybody get thier prints"? oh please. If scalping flippers didn't snatch dozens of them maybe some actual fans of the bands or the art might have a shot for a price that's not 3-4 times the original. A parasite is a parasite. You may be a necessary evil but you are evil none the less, and when I see a parasite I try to squish 'em and warn others of their sting. I hope there's karma for your kind someday.
ryan_1969 wrote:you fit the mold of the typical greedy...likes to make money on other fans and the scene in general....i was just trying to explain this in another thread. good for you slacker.
Except for the "good for you" part, Amen brother.

KJ
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:54 pm

He has a lot more than 20.
pspelmo
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 15, 2007 4:56 pm

Yea, they're everywhere. I like to call it the Tickle-me-Elmo phenomenon because it's oldest example I recall. Concert tickets, Art Prints, Video Games, Sporting events to name a few. At least this d-bag put a target on his forehead so that we can abuse him! With all due respect flipper, EAT A DICK!!!
hey! lets keep my good name out of this thank you very little.

elmo.
guyforget
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:20 am

they-called-him-flipper wrote: PT 4 life
As in... Phantasy Tour? :?: :?:
pjtaper wrote: I'm glad EMEK knows I'm not a flipper
Blackheart
Art Expert

Thu Aug 16, 2007 11:02 am

ok i am ready for my print now :ziggi:
I have spent 90% of my money on women and wine..........the rest i wasted.
pjtaper
Art Freak

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:11 pm

don't care anymore...
go on with your daily lives as if I'm still here please!
djpubbs
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:48 pm

pjtaper wrote:don't care anymore...
i'm picturing you saying this with a scraggly beard and a bottle of wild turkey...looking all pale and huddled in a corner...bags under your eyes...haven't slept for days, etc., etc.!

i'm sure you're not, but that's the visual i am getting!

hope you can pull out of the funk in time to meet me for a beer in denver!
aandrew
Art Enthusiast

Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:53 pm

pjtaper wrote:don't care anymore...
You might actually have one by now if you werent such a prick via PM.

Just sayin'...