All-Encompassing Pearl Jam Thread

General art-related discussion.
kramer73
Art Expert

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:22 pm

I've been pretty impressed by Munk One.
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:31 pm

Midget moose?

duckyhoward
Art Expert

Mon Sep 12, 2011 3:59 am

i like it a lot. Munk One has been doing some great work of late.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
antiyou
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:24 am

Ed popped into the Monday 11am screening of PJ20 after the credits to thank the film makers. According to him, Neil liked the movie and was in attendance. Didn't get to see him though, other than RITFW on Sunday night. Was also told there would be 4 hrs of bonus material on the DVD/BD. I thoroughly enjoyed the film although, I think they screwed Abrussezze (sp?) again. Barely a mention in the entire film. I think Dave Krusen got more screen time. It certainly made me yearn for the good old days when they had a drummer with swagger, not a punk rock speed demon. Here's hoping Dave A gets his due in the bonus features.

I don't get PJ fans sometimes... well lots of times actually. I could have bought the Night 1 Munk One poster after the show on Sunday. However, Monday's poster (which is f'n hideous IMO) sold out by the time I got to the venue. I didn't even see it until I got home (3hrs after the show). I figured it would have been an Emek or something similar to sell completely out.

Unfortunately, my collecting OCD will not let me not own the night 2 poster. If anyone wants to trade for a Munk One show edition, I have an extra.
schmoff
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 12:36 pm

what was the code ames gave out at pj20, i left my coupon at home :(
tedthecat
Art Enthusiast

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:08 pm

Munk's Toronto 9/11 poster is up

http://bit.ly/pkztgS
lastchild11
Art Connoisseur

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:15 pm

Ames variant and mookie art print up.
http://amesbrosshop.com/
jlabbate
Art Freak

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:16 pm

lastchild11 wrote:Ames variant and mookie art print up.
mookie is gonzo :cry:
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 1:23 pm

jlabbate wrote:
lastchild11 wrote:Ames variant and mookie art print up.
mookie is gonzo :cry:
tell me about it :(
mistersmith wrote: Yet another pair of prints that I freak over, plan to frame for my office, buy for too much money, then stash away in a flat file because framing is balls expensive. Can't wait.
noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 2:54 pm

schmoff wrote:what was the code ames gave out at pj20, i left my coupon at home :(
Code is PJ20 for 20% off. I got myself a hoodie
ImageImage
kramer73
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 8:12 pm

sketches from PJ20

Brian Methe-I talked to Brian for a while on Saturday. We talked about different artists, styles, etc. I brought my sketchbook on Sunday and he decided to draw this. My wife came over and we all talked for a quite awhile. Really nice guy and great artist!! I didn't get there in time for his print, but this is the next best thing!!

Jermaine-I watched Jermaine sling posters and chat with people for at least an hour. His wife and daughter were there as well. He got to me and I asked him for a sketch. He asked me what I wanted, and I said anything. Anything? He asked? He starts drawing......

Mark 5-Another great artist. I talked to him about his stuff, and he told me that Pearl Jam is where is started with gigposters.

Hampton-Asked Justin to tell the story about the Sleater-Kinney poster. Totally forgot to ask him about the Nick Cave art print that he mentioned on facebook.

Klausen-I stood in Brad's line on Sunday with the other people who wanted to buy the show poster. Finally got to the front, and asked for a sketch. He told me he'd have to think about it and to come back in an hour. An hour later, I'm watching him draw this...

I did miss out on the sidestages that day, but I had a blast meeting and talking to the artists. If this is even close to what Flatstock is like, I can't wait! Everyone was super friendly and looked like they were having a great time.

I didn't get to talk to Munk One or Maxx242 on Sunday, as they were working on the billboard:

noeldaddy
Art Expert

Tue Sep 13, 2011 9:13 pm

I just pooped myself.
Thanks for posting those :)
ImageImage
EZ1221C
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:40 pm

kramer73 wrote:sketches from PJ20
Klausen-I stood in Brad's line on Sunday with the other people who wanted to buy the show poster. Finally got to the front, and asked for a sketch. He told me he'd have to think about it and to come back in an hour. An hour later, I'm watching him draw this...
This is awesome! I don't know why he thinks he is bad at sketches/doodles
evdisease
Art Connoisseur

Wed Sep 14, 2011 4:56 pm

[quote="kramer73"][/quote]
thats some sick fudge you have there :pint:

I`m nobody, I never did an exposition and a gallery really, I never show any work anywhere and I`m doing this big show and it`s all a make up kinda way you know....
kramer73
Art Expert

Wed Sep 14, 2011 9:11 pm

evdisease wrote:
kramer73 wrote:
thats some sick fudge you have there :pint:
thanks! oh, and that owl sketch was an idea for a poster at one time.

Brad also mentioned that awhile ago he and Emek were going to collaborate on a Tool poster but it never worked out.