10,000 Lakes Festival 07 EMEK

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
jojobadass
Art God

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:jojo would know

like, I sort of remember being at a festival or two somewhere along the way.
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:28 pm

The new UM/YMSB is still for sale. That's how popular that one is. And the 10KLF print didn't have a limit the second day. So, fair - yes, i.e. go to the show if you don't want to pay higher prices.
ketstroxan
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2007 3:33 pm

ldiddy wrote:The new UM/YMSB is still for sale. That's how popular that one is. And the 10KLF print didn't have a limit the second day. So, fair - yes, i.e. go to the show if you don't want to pay higher prices.
2 shits are what i could give in regards to popularity. i have both prints. poker chips pales, sorry.

*not to mention, it's still for sale on UM's site.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2007 5:51 pm

ldiddy wrote:And the 10KLF print didn't have a limit the second day. So, fair - yes, i.e. go to the show if you don't want to pay higher prices.
Should I have gone to the show if I wanted a poster? yes, but being an old hippie with a disabled hubby and limited income I don't travel to festivals anymore. too hot, too dirty and too many overly testosteroned teeny boppers who are only there to take out their aggession on whoever happens to be nearby. ("watch it sonny or I'll hit ya with my Jefferson Airplane commemorative walker!")

I should be willing to pay more then! Yes and I am, to a point.

So the problem? The main mean mister flipper selling on the bay is the same a$$hole who flucked me over on the Coachella. Though he eventually refunded my money I would have rather have had a mint poster. Not willing to endure that battle and disappointment again.

So I'll twiddle my thumbs & wait to see what other flippers show up with a 10K Lakes Emek. Hopefully the price won't consistently go over 2 bills before I get one or all hope is lost.

KJ
ldiddy
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:26 pm

2 bills? I see the predicament. Just saying that said person had a right to pick up whatever. It's up to the merch dude to implement the limit. Good luck in the search.
Chumley
Art Connoisseur

Mon Aug 13, 2007 6:40 pm

kj1nyr wrote:
ldiddy wrote:And the 10KLF print didn't have a limit the second day. So, fair - yes, i.e. go to the show if you don't want to pay higher prices.
Should I have gone to the show if I wanted a poster? yes, but being an old hippie with a disabled hubby and limited income I don't travel to festivals anymore. too hot, too dirty and too many overly testosteroned teeny boppers who are only there to take out their aggession on whoever happens to be nearby. ("watch it sonny or I'll hit ya with my Jefferson Airplane commemorative walker!")

I should be willing to pay more then! Yes and I am, to a point.

So the problem? The main mean mister flipper selling on the bay is the same a$$hole who flucked me over on the Coachella. Though he eventually refunded my money I would have rather have had a mint poster. Not willing to endure that battle and disappointment again.

So I'll twiddle my thumbs & wait to see what other flippers show up with a 10K Lakes Emek. Hopefully the price won't consistently go over 2 bills before I get one or all hope is lost.

KJ
Well now people that are usually poster sellers are buying multiple copies of this one, what do you think this one will be going for in 2,3,5 or 10 years? Three were up for a buy it now of $175 yesterday, they all went in a few hours.
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2007 8:56 pm

Chumley wrote:
Well now people that are usually poster sellers are buying multiple copies of this one, what do you think this one will be going for in 2,3,5 or 10 years? Three were up for a buy it now of $175 yesterday, they all went in a few hours.
Most of them seem to appreciate at a pretty fast rate, so I figure it's now or never. If I don't hit the bay at just the right moment there's not much chance I'll get lucky that way. Damn job takes up too much of my important poster trolling time! :wink:

And seems like most of them are being sold by the same guy who I won't deal with again. Fool me once, yadda yadda yadda...

Peace,
KJ
Kdh12
Art Freak

Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:48 pm

what about the extra four from the cheater no one has risen as a winner?
edderlyj
Art Expert

Mon Aug 13, 2007 11:09 pm

Kdh12 wrote:what about the extra four from the cheater no one has risen as a winner?
It may be that we don't see these even listed within collections, as only around 15 to 25% of just the dove and regular are listed in collections of the 600 total posters. Not everyone is a wise or technically savvy enough individual to incorporate such a complete database and forum for these mediums and their following.

I can think of several peter cetera songs I would most willingly hum in homage to ol' ebeans and her mods.

:allhail:
Героям слава
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:10 pm

Damn, another day another 4 BIN auctions on the bay by that same mofo. <sigh> Since I won't deal with that guy again looks like I'll never get a shot. :(

KJ
kj1nyr
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:47 pm

So I whined a wee bit to Mr & Mrs Golan about this guy having all those Coachella & 10K Lakes prints (just wondering if he was affiliated in any way) and below is the response. Thought some of you might like to know about the shipping plans.

"we have not sold a single coachella poster
we will not even get around to shipping any of our 10k lakes posters for a few more weeks
but these posters go to festivals, where they are sold by the bands etc.
they are supposed to sell only one per customer
but its out of our hands
we have no idea who or how this person is

Thank you,

Ronni
EMEK STAFF
www.emek.net"

They've both always been so nice and patient in their email responses. Totally cool people. Hope they don't mind me posting this but I figured it might save some people some frustration with ebay and save others some grief waiting for the mail.

Peace,
KJ
sabotage
Art Expert

Tue Aug 14, 2007 10:59 pm

maybe when they are shipped, prices will drop a bit.
aandrew
Art Enthusiast

Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:51 pm

At the 10K festival, you could purchase as many of these as you wanted. A guy behind me nabbed around 10.
passatjeff
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:33 am

Anyone delt with this "meanmrfandango" on the bay?

I really , really want to purchase one.

Looking for a good source.
"When the going gets weird, the weird turn pro" -HST RIP
jojobadass
Art God

Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:45 am

passatjeff wrote:Anyone delt with this "meanmrfandango" on the bay?

I really , really want to purchase one.

Looking for a good source.

no personal experience...........but I'd say the general feeling has been pretty average or less. Does he use craft paper yet?
For the best concert and movie posters available, check out: http://www.jojosposters.com

For other art crap....be sure to check out: http://www.jojosfineart.com

And for the kinkiest records in the world......check out the newest website in the Jojo Empire: http://www.jojosrecords.com