Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
pking1601
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 17, 2011 11:29 am

Has anyone got their Capt America set ordered direct from Olly Moss yet?
Gavatron
Art Connoisseur

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:33 pm

Got a Tim Doyle Transformers and the Mondo Nightmare on Elm Street 3 poster up for sale/trade if anyones interested.
Moon
Art Enthusiast

Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Hello fellow UK-ers!

I'm trying to trade, or if needs be sell, my Vandal airways to someone based domestically so i thought I might drop by this thread to see if anyone is interested or perhaps knows someone who might be?

It's listed in a thread here: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 10&t=71456

Along with a list of stuff I'm ISO (basically anything Keyes or Geddes) or a sale that allows me to secure some Keyes or Geddes :)

I have had an endless stream of from abroad but as it's framed shipping becomes expensive! I'm happy to talk about delivery options, including collection/pickup etc.

Not looking to play hardball on the price either - as long as we both get what we want I'm happy!

Let's see what we can do?

Mat
fotbh
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:00 am

Looking to sell Tyler Stout - Captain America and thought I'd offer it to any UK users first.

Print arrived this morning and is in perfect condition, unlike some of the other ones which seem to have arrived damaged. This is my first Stout and I love the artwork I'm just really gutted the movie itself wasn't so great - hence my reason for selling.

Price is £115 including shipping inside the UK. This works out around $190, which is less than the six month average on ebeans (and your getting shipping included in the cost..)

I understand I'm a 'newish' user in terms of posts and having not sold before on the forums, but I got into this through another user who I'm sure would provide a reference since he knows me in real life. PM if you have any queries and would like the above users username as a reference.
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:09 am

Anyone in the UK interested in a Scarface var? The print so Scarface in essence it was taken off the TommyGood site. :p

I'm not sure whether I really want to give it up, but I don't see it getting wall space any time soon and I need a new amplifier. So thought I'd offer it to the UK'ers first to see if any interested.

Willing to let it go within the UK including postage for £60 (below 6 month average). I don't want to really let it go for any less. Drop me a PM if interested. :)

Picture of my print:
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:58 am

Gravy wrote:Anyone in the UK interested in a Scarface var? The print so Scarface in essence it was taken off the TommyGood site. :p

I'm not sure whether I really want to give it up, but I don't see it getting wall space any time soon and I need a new amplifier. So thought I'd offer it to the UK'ers first to see if any interested.

Willing to let it go within the UK including postage for £60 (below 6 month average). I don't want to really let it go for any less. Drop me a PM if interested. :)

Picture of my print:
What type of amp are you after? I have a Marshall MG Series and could do you a straight swap as I never play guitar anymore!!
scobro13
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:27 am

I woulda been all over that Tony Montana had i not bought one two weeks ago, very nice print indeed.
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:09 am

Hellraiser wrote: What type of amp are you after? I have a Marshall MG Series and could do you a straight swap as I never play guitar anymore!!
Afraid I meant integrated amplifier, for a hi-fi. Just ordered one off the bay. Which killed the poster budget for the month, hence a hesitant sale of this. :)
scobro13 wrote:I woulda been all over that Tony Montana had i not bought one two weeks ago, very nice print indeed.
Too true, pulled it out this morning for a check over and was having doubts. But, as I said, with no frames in the near future someone else may as well enjoy it's awesomeness.
jazznik

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:00 pm

Hi fellow U.K. folks. Been reading the boards for a while now but only just stumbled on this thread. Only got my first print about a year ago, got about 8 now, mostly Doyle prints. Just wondering if anybody knows a good framer in the North of England, I'm based in Manchester so anywhere around there. Figure it's time to get some of my prints framed up properly.

Also, anybody got any more info on the 5% import tax rate for works of art rather than the 20% one? Got a Doyle print coming over from the States and after a lenghty wait at customs it's now stuck at the post office 'awaiting further payment' so I'm going to get hit with a hefty fee i think. The print was $300, so I decided to ship it insured, unfortunately that means the insured value was on the label for customs to see. Much rather pay 5% on it than 20% but no idea how I go about it, I'm guessing I have to claim it back somehow, any info would be appreciated.
RupertPupkin
Art Expert

Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:10 pm

jazznik wrote:Just wondering if anybody knows a good framer in the North of England
http://www.bramptonframing.com/home.php - the EB member called Ashton works there and there are many examples of his fantastic frame jobs in the 'framed stuff' threads.
jazznik wrote:Also, anybody got any more info on the 5% import tax rate for works of art rather than the 20% one?
All I know is that it's a total ballache. I think Stingers had some success getting a rebate iirc, maybe send him a message.

Welcome by the way!
this aggression will not stand, man.
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:00 pm

Gravy wrote:
Hellraiser wrote: What type of amp are you after? I have a Marshall MG Series and could do you a straight swap as I never play guitar anymore!!
Afraid I meant integrated amplifier, for a hi-fi. Just ordered one off the bay. Which killed the poster budget for the month, hence a hesitant sale of this. :)
scobro13 wrote:I woulda been all over that Tony Montana had i not bought one two weeks ago, very nice print indeed.
Too true, pulled it out this morning for a check over and was having doubts. But, as I said, with no frames in the near future someone else may as well enjoy it's awesomeness.
Ahhhhh...I see! It's a lovely print too. I may be putting this on my ISO list in a few months.
jazznik

Sun Aug 21, 2011 3:23 pm

RupertPupkin wrote:
jazznik wrote:Just wondering if anybody knows a good framer in the North of England
http://www.bramptonframing.com/home.php - the EB member called Ashton works there and there are many examples of his fantastic frame jobs in the 'framed stuff' threads.
jazznik wrote:Also, anybody got any more info on the 5% import tax rate for works of art rather than the 20% one?
All I know is that it's a total ballache. I think Stingers had some success getting a rebate iirc, maybe send him a message.

Welcome by the way!
thanks for the info, i'll check it out.
Gravy
Art Connoisseur

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:06 pm

jazznik wrote: thanks for the info, i'll check it out.
Got an order in with Brampton atm, should arrive wednesday I think. James over there has been super helpful with mock-ups, suggestions, etc.

I'll post some pics when they arrive.
Hellraiser
Art Expert

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:11 pm

Gravy wrote:
jazznik wrote: thanks for the info, i'll check it out.
Got an order in with Brampton atm, should arrive wednesday I think. James over there has been super helpful with mock-ups, suggestions, etc.

I'll post some pics when they arrive.
That'd be good. I'm thinking of contacting them. I have 7 items to frame at the minute.
Stingers
Art Expert

Mon Aug 22, 2011 11:57 am

James does great work , def' go for it !