Let The Right One In 10 Stout

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:29 am

I picked this up from the framers this afternoon - very happy with the result. :D
I went and a double mat board setup - 4mm of red mat (with white chamfer) to match the red on the print and then a 70mm white mat as a surround with a simple white timber frame with conserevation glass to finish it off.
I thought i would keep it simple seeing as there is a lot happenning on the print already to catch your attention. I think it works well.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:04 am

duckyhoward wrote:I picked this up from the framers this afternoon - very happy with the result. :D
I went and a double mat board setup - 4mm of red mat (with white chamfer) to match the red on the print and then a 70mm white mat as a surround with a simple white timber frame with conserevation glass to finish it off.
I thought i would keep it simple seeing as there is a lot happenning on the print already to catch your attention. I think it works well.

That looks great man :clap: :clap: :clap: ! But seeing it makes me slightly sad... :lol:

Need to get back on the re snag for this ASAP!!!

Excellent work! :D

In fact, that is the best frame of of this print I've yet seen. It's just gorgeous :shock:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
duckyhoward
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:39 am

Thanks mate appreciate the comments – I am very happy with the results. I suggest you get a copy of this back in your hands as soon as you can – and get it up on one of your walls. Is has to be the regluar too (with the red blood). i think it hits the variant out of the park - just my two cents worth.
"so this is what it's like to be an adult, if he only knew now what he knew then..."
T.K.C.
Lomier66
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:58 am

duckyhoward wrote:Thanks mate appreciate the comments – I am very happy with the results. I suggest you get a copy of this back in your hands as soon as you can – and get it up on one of your walls. Is has to be the regluar too (with the red blood). i think it hits the variant out of the park - just my two cents worth.
I don’t get the variant, at all! Why would you want a poster of one of the most seminal vampires movies... without the red blood cells on it :? ?

Will be trying to get it back next month after I’m paid... and hope you don’t mind but I will probably be ripping off your frame job :lol:
HAND DRAWN 1/1 OG's COMING SOON http://lomierart.blogspot.co.uk/
srdzevon
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:04 am

Stout himself even seemed to think the variant was a little strange

"there is also a 24x36 variant, which doesn't have the red blood color but instead has a layer of glow in the dark ink. its a little yellow, and yellow + snow is not exactly a perfect match...but it is what it is."
ImageX5 Hodor Image
jlabbate
Art Freak

Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:11 am

from someone who had the variant...the GID on it was pretty damn sweet
in hindsight I would have preferred the reg thou
wizdom
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:43 am

that is some killer frame job!
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:55 am

Yeah, that frame job rules. I'm salivating just thinking about how nice that would look up in a minimal style room.
wizdom
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:12 am

I think it is also the first ever stout I see in a white frame.
HappaHaoli
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:27 am

wizdom wrote:that is some killer frame job!
+1 Outstanding setup ducky!

I finally got around to watching this on Netflix a couple weeks ago and was glad it lived up to the hype.
Image x6 ImageImage x2
"I had this dream where I relished the fray, and the screaming filled my head all day."
middayshadows
Art Expert

Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:04 pm

machination wrote:Yeah, that frame job rules. I'm salivating just thinking about how nice that would look up in a minimal style room.
SKEEEZ
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 02, 2011 6:53 am

That frame job is beautiful. A really brave choice of frame/mount compliment the print perfectly. Kudos.
SirYesSir
Art Enthusiast

Thu Nov 10, 2011 12:39 am

duckyhoward wrote:I picked this up from the framers this afternoon - very happy with the result. :D
WOW that looks soooooo freakin sweet!!! :notworthy:

Perfect frame job on a beautiful print, the extended white mat makes the print jump out of the frame, i love it!
fry
Art Enthusiast

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:36 am

while we're on the subject of framing, here's a crude mock-up of what i have planned for my stout let the right one in print:

- print floated 1/8" above a darkish red mat (to match the blood)
- silverish or gray mat (to match the midtones) w/ 2" or so of clear space on each side w/ 1/8" or 3/16" risers
- either a 3" on each side black ash wood veneer or textured metal frame (there's wood in the image, so a wood frame makes sense and would be cheaper)
- spacial relationships b/t frame, mats and print still being considered, but the above image is pretty close

feedback?
middayshadows
Art Expert

Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:41 pm

My personal approach is to never add a border through double matting - or any other way. It may make a certain kind of sense visually, but what you're doing is adding to the artwork. If Tyler wanted a border he would have put one in there himself. In your mockup, it's distracting. I know , it matches the blood. But it's overkill. Again, this is just my opinion, and a lot of people do tend towards that approach. I never will. 8)

Having said that, if you were going to do that,look at the frame at the top of the page - it looks fantastic and the border is about a third the thickness of yours. White matting looks much better than grey. Feels more consistent with the wintery feel of the print itself. I think it would look fine with a black frame, maybe even better. But that's the only thing I would change. Just my opinion. Good Luck!