Mondotees/Alamo Poster News & Rumors thread

General art-related discussion.
chisoxfan2424
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:11 pm

I am hoping for it to be a Litho, but I have a bad feeling about this
rmoore wrote:Can't trust someone that doesn't like Jurassic Park...
machination
EB Team Emeritus

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 pm

srdzevon wrote:
noeldaddy wrote:It'd be perfect if these all released online at the same time. Yeah, there's the possibility we'd break the internet. But it also forces you to go for the one you REALLY want. Cause there's no way anyone could possibly get them all if they were all released together. Plus it gives a better chance to the true Moss fans or the true Stout fans or the true Tan fans. Plus the flippers wouldn't be able to grab all of them.
This is what I'm hoping for. It would be great to have an all out brother against brother, knock down drag out fight to the death poster drop! Be a lot of broken hearts and motherless children after a drop like that.
That would be a great idea.
afrosteeziac
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:12 pm

schmoff wrote:could be a free litho version like they did for lost
Like Transformer to, correct?
emac
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:13 pm

daviddelgadoh wrote:
mike123230 wrote:Well, that answers that as to which poster is being given away at the Capt America screening at SDCC...

from that slashfilm post:
Chris Evans will be there to introduce the film, and everyone who attends will get a free limited edition TYLER STOUT poster!
drymounting told y'all. A few thousand dollars for a studio to throw at a screen printed poster is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things.
Well, the run is in the 800s, right? Or was it in the 600s? Either way this could work to our benefit. If they give them out for free to people who wouldn't otherwise stand in line for a Mondo poster, maybe there will be more (at relatively lower prices) on the aftermarket -- sell them for a quick buck rather than maximum profit (especially if they don't know what they have)...
Last edited by emac on Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jlabbate
Art Freak

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:14 pm

Mondo+SDCC+Drops for Stout/Moss/Tan prints=
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:14 pm

If it's free to everyone in attendance, it's got to be a litho.

And honestly, that's good news to me. Tons of people don't know the difference, anyway--and the market will be flooded with people selling the free copies. The perceived value will be much lower than if these were all screenprints. This gets a basic copy into the hands of a lot of people who will not go pay $50 for something they just picked up for free. They won't know or care about the difference between a free litho and a hand numbered screenprint. So this is good news in my book.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

Glad I have a poster buddy for that screening. :lol:
Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Westley: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:15 pm

emac wrote:
daviddelgadoh wrote:
mike123230 wrote:Well, that answers that as to which poster is being given away at the Capt America screening at SDCC...

from that slashfilm post:
Chris Evans will be there to introduce the film, and everyone who attends will get a free limited edition TYLER STOUT poster!
drymounting told y'all. A few thousand dollars for a studio to throw at a screen printed poster is NOTHING in the grand scheme of things.
Well, the run is in the 800s, right? Or was it in the 600s? Either way this could work to our benefit. If they give them out for free to people who wouldn't otherwise stand in line for a Mondo poster, maybe there will be more (at relatively lower prices) on the aftermarket -- sell them for a quick buck rather than maximum profit (especially if they don't know what they have)...
Yeah, perhaps.

I mean maybe some of you are right and it will be a litho - all I'm saying is that giving out free screen printed posters for marketing purposes isn't THAT big of a deal.
zombiedictator
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:16 pm

dylansdad wrote:That has to be a litho.
The sad thing is if it was the screen print, you KNOW the majority of people will beat that thing to fudge, as I'm sure they'll be handed out rolled up with a rubber band around it.

"ISO Stout Captain America < 50% bent to Hell"

I'm voting for mass-produced version of the print. No way are they debuting Captain America in a theater of 200 people. It's SDCC. These guys paint the sides of 40 story hotels with ads. Nothing is done small.
When stressed about getting a drop, just remember: it will decay into the same organic matter as inevitably as your rotting corpse no matter how much museum glass you put in front of it.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:18 pm

Not a big deal at all. With studio picking up the tab, it is peanuts. Be cool not matter what it is.

An extra 1000 screens for something is nothing. Prolly a litho... But cost isn't a factor.
emac
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:20 pm

toobs wrote:
chisoxfan2424 wrote:I am hoping for it to be a Litho, but I have a bad feeling about this
it's gunna be a litho, i read somewhere else saying that they would not be releasing any mondo prints at the screening
The link to whatever said that would be awesome to have. :)
busstees
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:21 pm

I don't know about the Stout poster being GIVEN away....

This link http://www.wired.com/underwire/2011/07/ ... a-posters/ says

"The movie’s Comic-Con premiere will happen a day earlier, with an exclusive free fan screening at 10 a.m. Thursday introduced by Captain America star Chris Evans. Then director Joe Johnston’s film will be shown exclusively at the UA Horton Plaza in San Diego, with Captain America-themed festivities and giveaways happening throughout the day. Attendees will get red, white and blue RealD 3D glasses and a limited-edition poster (not the Mondo prints)."
dirkadirka
Art Connoisseur

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:22 pm

"will have some captain america posters for sale eventually but your best bet as always is to try from mondo first."

That's from Tyler's Captains Log. That has to mean this sucker is dropping online.
dylansdad
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm

I can imagine Marvel/Paramount getting a thick stack of lithos printed up for the screening. Just like Transformers. Just like Lost (granted, not a Mondo print). Something cool to put for free into the hands of attendees. Then you sell the limited numbered screenprints for fifty bucks each through Mondo. I would be honestly surprised if half the run is given out for free at the screening. Just makes more sense to make that a litho and sell the real prints at the booth--Justin & Co. aren't coming out to San Diego for nothing.
SaintNoir
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 3:23 pm

Slashfilm knows what the drymount they are talking about when it comes to mondo. Way more than wired. It's a stout.