My Name is My Name 11 Doyle

New topics are added by clicking the "Add Comment" link on an art entry. Off-topic posts may be purged.
Forum rules
• Posts in this forum should directly relate to the artist, art, or artwork.
• Do not post ISOs or FS/Ts in this forum section. Please use the Open Market section of the EB forums for all secondary (resale) market activity.
• Do not post details of your order process, shipping status, or condition upon arrival in this forum section. Please use the item's Release Discussion thread for this activity.
automator
Nobody

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:17 pm

This topic is dedicated to: My Name is My Name 11 Doyle

ohnine
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:22 pm

+1
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:38 pm

Just got me a copy!!!!! Completes the uncut set I love it this is the best show ever!!!!
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:43 am

No doubt, it's the best show ever.

Just curious tho...what are you people going to do with 48 handbills...errr...three uncut sheets of handbills? I can't possibly think of a use for them. :(
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:10 am

Really??? Putting them into frames as it is 3 uncut sheets of all the characters, the cops, barkstales gang, and rest of the gansters n other key characters, and i assume the next one will be all the politicians and newspaper crew from season 5... These actually have value being uncut instead a whole bunch of cut up handbills.... I know what you were asking for the omar snoop and bubbles handbills which were FREE from nakatomi inc and the uncuts r worth way more in my mind. Now the little handbills of snoop, omar, and bubbles will fall since they are now included in an uncut sheet. Only reason they were so wanted is because there weren't part of the 1st 2 uncut sets..
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:16 am

Omar's handbill will prob be the only one worth a lot since it was 9x18 close to a real sized print but was still FREE
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:15 am

BadassArt wrote:Really??? Putting them into frames as it is 3 uncut sheets of all the characters, the cops, barkstales gang, and rest of the gansters n other key characters, and i assume the next one will be all the politicians and newspaper crew from season 5... These actually have value being uncut instead a whole bunch of cut up handbills.... I know what you were asking for the omar snoop and bubbles handbills which were FREE from nakatomi inc and the uncuts r worth way more in my mind. Now the little handbills of snoop, omar, and bubbles will fall since they are now included in an uncut sheet. Only reason they were so wanted is because there weren't part of the 1st 2 uncut sets..
the original handbills will still be very hard to find and extremely rare. i sold them each for $50.
BadassArt
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:33 am

thats AWESOME!! good for you!! but there are more of the handbills than the uncuts only 75, 85, and 85, and there were a 100 bubbles and 100 snoops im pretty sure and assume same amount of omars so the uncuts are rarer than the free handbills. I might have payed 50$ for omar thats the only one of the handbills that is really cool with the shotgun and the actual size is closer to a real print.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:45 am

jvphish wrote:No doubt, it's the best show ever.

Just curious tho...what are you people going to do with 48 handbills...errr...three uncut sheets of handbills? I can't possibly think of a use for them. :(
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to throw some numbers on 'em and open a Wire themed barber shop.

kid- "let me get a #6"
barber- "you want the Omar Little?"
kid- "oh, indeed"
Hair.GIF
ejg904
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:47 am

#25 and #26 looks nice, very modern.

i do really like the glasses #17 is wearing - suave and sophisticated

#24 is pretty timeless as well. nothing like that can ever go out of style
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
ejg904
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2011 10:53 am

RottenAtom wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but I'm going to throw some numbers on 'em and open a Wire themed barber shop.
:(

I live in Baltimore, so if you need help getting this up and running - I'm your man :D
Chico wrote:
i work in sales. w2 last year was +150K, this year, at 87% of year goal to date and on pace for +200K

want to compare bank accounts, wives, and art portfolios?
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:06 am

BadassArt wrote:thats AWESOME!! good for you!! but there are more of the handbills than the uncuts only 75, 85, and 85, and there were a 100 bubbles and 100 snoops im pretty sure and assume same amount of omars so the uncuts are rarer than the free handbills. I might have payed 50$ for omar thats the only one of the handbills that is really cool with the shotgun and the actual size is closer to a real print.
The original handbills are really cool. It's hard to tell in the jpegs, but Bubbles has gold metallics and Snoop has silver. They're really sharp in person. I happily paid $150 for the set and they weren't the first ones I bought. Trying to build 3 sets (2 for gifts) and all I need now is a Snoop.

Believe me, they've been tough to find. A lot of them were given away to people who don't watch the show or even know about it. Tim said a good portion of the Snoops were given out at an event and most people just took them because they were free. To them they're probably meaningless, but to big fans of the show and completists they're the cats pj's.

They've also been fun to track down. Nothing like getting that elusive print and these are "The Thing" of Wire prints. It's all just paper and ink though. One man's Mona Lisa is another man's tp.
RottenAtom
Art Freak

Fri Jun 17, 2011 11:07 am

ejg904 wrote:
RottenAtom wrote:
:(

I live in Baltimore, so if you need help getting this up and running - I'm your man :D
pm sent :wink:
jvphish
Art Connoisseur

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:37 pm

RottenAtom wrote: kid- "oh, indeed"
:lol: :lol: :lol:
alexfugazi
Art Expert

Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:07 pm

FYI- there's only 2 uncut sheets left, and when they're gone, I will take the item down, including the cut sets- any unsold cut sets will be given away in outgoing orders one at a time!
Thanks everyone-