Signed Mondo posters

General art-related discussion.
fallenangel1
Art Expert

Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:33 pm

busstees wrote:I'm pretty sure if I was looking at two prints to buy and one had signatures from cast members and one didn't I'd choose the one that did in a heartbeat.

I would say Id agree with this statement .. BUT then you have to consider price .. If its a poster that sells for $200-300 without sigs and the seller is selling the one with signatures for $1k .. Id say without for sure .. Most of the people mentioned in this thread will sign anything and arent really all that hard to find (if youre really looking) So iMO in my hypothetical situation I wouldnt feel the signatures justify a that much of a price increase.
Buy and sell pop-culture items!
https://GetKulture.com/
jb518
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 27, 2011 7:35 pm

I've never had a Mondo print signed in the past, but have had movie posters signed by the actors. In that case, I had them use black or silver sharpie. What's the recommend way to have a Mondo print signed? Sharpie on the image? Pencil on the bottom? Or archival ink on the bottom?

I'm personally looking to get Mignola to sign my two Hellboy prints, and thought silver sharpie on Hellboy and gold sharpie on Hellboy II would look very nice, but I don't know how that reacts with the inks of the screenprint.

Any suggestions?
selassielion
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:33 pm

I added this to the database before but what the hell...
FBNOTLD.jpg
Kdh12 wrote:It is not rockets science
black7towr
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 27, 2011 8:39 pm

thebends9 wrote:In a similar vein; This is one of my prized possessions
IMG_5991.JPG
Love that print. Seen NIN in concert about 40-50 times since the early 90's. I was fortunate to have gone to all of the last shows out here in LA and they were spectacular. At the last show @ The Wiltern they played for nearly 4 hours. My favorite band ever.
kannibaliztik
Art Expert

Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:47 pm

Signed By heather Langenkamp
"We can hold out through this endless dark, all a fire needs is a single spark"
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jul 27, 2011 10:35 pm

I'll post some pictures when I can, but off the top of my head, I've got:
Evil Dead (Olly Moss), signed by Bruce Campbell
Pan's Labyrinth (Horkey) and Blade 2 (Mike Sutfin) signed by Guillermo del Toro
Rushmore (Todd Slater) and Fantastic Mr. Fox (Zoltron) signed by Jason Schwartzman
Scott Pilgrim vs. The World (Martin Ansin and Kevin Tong, 2 different prints) both signed by Edgar Wright and most of the cast.
Ghostbusters "Ready to Believe You" (Tim Doyle) signed by Dan Aykroyd
Lost (Tyler Stout) signed by Damon Lindelof and Calton Cuse

Some of them aren't Mondo posters, but they all kind of fall under the same umbrella in my eyes, so I included them. Most of them I had signed in sharpie on the image somewhere.
daviddelgadoh
Art Expert

Thu Jul 28, 2011 12:32 am

Awesome list dude. Man I'd love for GDT to sign my Pans.
caseyg1986
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 28, 2011 2:46 am

daviddelgadoh wrote:Awesome list dude. Man I'd love for GDT to sign my Pans.
He is seriously one of the nicest, most down-to-earth "celebrities" I've met. He is just as into the art and prints as most of us here are, and he always seems excited to sign stuff for fans.
Moran
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jul 28, 2011 10:31 am

hectma wrote:Image

Only Mondo poster I have signed.
I was the guy holding the print. Im almost sure Dario's handler said this was the first he saw this poster.
wizzack
Art Expert

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:24 am

Anyone ever have a poster signed with one of those paint markers or pens? I'm wondering how long you'd have to wait to roll it back up to prevent any paint from smearing/running.
rubenjleal
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:46 am

man I'd love to have a Terminator print, much less have it signed by Linda Hamilton and the chance to meet her. The only print I have signed by someone related to the movie is Olly Moss' American Werewolf in London, signed by Rick Baker. I'd love to be able to get my Stout Kill Bill prints signed by the cast.
ISO: Stout Revenge of the Jedi
ISO: Slater Occasional Acid Flashback variant
ISO: Ansin Moon (reg)
jimmysleftbrain
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:53 am

Bob Musgrave was kind enough to sign my Bottle Rocket print at the RR screening. That was a ton of fun, cherished memory for sure.
wyatt
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 11, 2012 2:37 pm

Aww mannn I was hoping to see the Katayanagi twins' sigs on there! Least you got the pirate. Nice job.
JAWilmesJr wrote:
selassielion wrote:Thats awesome :clap:

So the main people that didn't sign are:
Ellen Wong
Kieran Culkin
Chris Evans
Alison Pill
the twin bad guys
lionking
Art Enthusiast

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:04 pm

I got my Tyler Stout's The Thing poster signed by John Carpenter. I also have a picture of Carpenter signing it. I will try to upload the photo of it tomorrow.
HelloExactly
Art Expert

Wed Jan 11, 2012 6:17 pm

lionking wrote:I got my Tyler Stout's The Thing poster signed by John Carpenter. I also have a picture of Carpenter signing it. I will try to upload the photo of it tomorrow.
me too!