Open Market Guidelines

For best results, use the trading tools on the rest of the site when feasible. Post lifespan is 30 days. (Prints must be in hand).
Forum rules
Please refer to the Open Market Guidelines prior to posting in this forum.

New members must list art in your personal collection, use the member selling and trading tools, and contribute to discussion in the forums. After thirty (30) days from joining the site you may list your items for sale/trade in the Open Market. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

Current members in good standing, please limit your items for sale to one active thread. Notify mods before starting a new one. (Prints should be in-hand before posting.)

If your items are listed on eBay, please use EB's eBay link feature (directions here). This benefits the site directly and helps us keep this a free forum. Your thread may be updated (bumped) once. After this please contact the Global Moderators group by private message to have the thread bumped, locked or amended.
pewter14
EB Team

Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am

I'm not sure if the ability to edit the title without editing the message is available. And we wanted to limit the ability to edit the original message after 24 hours per Flimby's note above.

@ Rick a_c ... as for the need for ISO threads ... it's to highlight particular ISOs you may *really* want and to add some color behind you want for a print.

I know I have made ISO threads for prints I've really wanted and in the thread, I can add prints I may be willing to part with that are not in my trades. But I would deal them for that particular ISO.

The thread can also be a good forum to help the OP out on where to locate it, an artist site, a retail store, etc etc. I assume it's pretty good knowledge base for newer forum members.

I've also seen people say "I want EMEK handbills" or "I want all MMJ posters" ... this is a little easier than adding all of them to your ISO and hoping people contact you.

It has a good function ... I just hate seeing it get overrun with peanut gallery comments that do more harm than good.
mistersmith wrote:Brady is one of the best QBs in history and will forever been seen as such.
Two links every EB member should read, please take a moment:

EB Wiki - How to Ship a Print in a Tube

Expressobeans For Sale Forum - Open Market Guidelines
rossi1102
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 11:14 am

Is there any way to allow only the OP to post in ISO and FS/FT threads?
Any help to the OP could be communicated by pm (and in ISO threads probably should be). I can't really think of any posts that are better served as posts rather than pms in both ISO and FS/FT threads. Most involve either "good luck, that is impossible to get" or "good prices" or "FLIPPER!!!!", I can't think how that adds to the healthy discourse on EB.
aahnutz
EB Team

Tue May 24, 2011 11:35 am

treweman wrote:pewter14 -- I'm not sure what the original justification, but I think EB members who post an ISO or FS/FT thread should be able to edit the title for as long as the thread is active. If I put up an ISO or FS thread highlighting one artist, and then decide to add a second or third, I think it would be useful to put this info in the thread title without asking a MOD to do it for me. I know others have questioned the current policy of only allowing title editing for 24 hours, and would like to do what I am suggesting.
It's my understanding that the edit function not only gives members access to changing the thread title, but the content of their posts as well. That I'm not in favor of. Unfortunately, in the past a few members misused that privilege. If you need help, just ask. It's fairly simple for a mod to change the title for you. :)
Flimby

Tue May 24, 2011 11:40 am

aahnutz wrote:
treweman wrote:pewter14 -- I'm not sure what the original justification, but I think EB members who post an ISO or FS/FT thread should be able to edit the title for as long as the thread is active. If I put up an ISO or FS thread highlighting one artist, and then decide to add a second or third, I think it would be useful to put this info in the thread title without asking a MOD to do it for me. I know others have questioned the current policy of only allowing title editing for 24 hours, and would like to do what I am suggesting.
It's my understanding that the edit function not only gives members access to changing the thread title, but the content of their posts as well. That I'm not in favor of. Unfortunately, in the past a few members misused that privilege. If you need help, just ask. It's fairly simple for a mod to change the title for you. :)

what she said ^, its basically a non issue pm one of us and its done

still trying to wrap my head around the issue...do people want the edit time be eliminated, shorter or be longer?
one thing is if we do it as a full blown edit it is only going to be for long term solid supporters. non of us need another kellium.
and as always know i dont run this show, its what the board/team wants...
Rick_a_c
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 11:50 am

by pewter14 on Tue May 24, 2011 11:09 am

I'm not sure if the ability to edit the title without editing the message is available. And we wanted to limit the ability to edit the original message after 24 hours per Flimby's note above.

@ Rick a_c ... as for the need for ISO threads ... it's to highlight particular ISOs you may *really* want and to add some color behind you want for a print.

I know I have made ISO threads for prints I've really wanted and in the thread, I can add prints I may be willing to part with that are not in my trades. But I would deal them for that particular ISO.

The thread can also be a good forum to help the OP out on where to locate it, an artist site, a retail store, etc etc. I assume it's pretty good knowledge base for newer forum members.

I've also seen people say "I want EMEK handbills" or "I want all MMJ posters" ... this is a little easier than adding all of them to your ISO and hoping people contact you.

It has a good function ... I just hate seeing it get overrun with peanut gallery comments that do more harm than good.
pewter14
EB Team

Private message
Makes sense. Thanks for the perspective.
I always defer to someone who's wearing a beater, regardless of what else he's wearing.
rossi1102
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 11:54 am

aahnutz wrote:
Could if be changed so the thread title it displays is that of the most recent post? You can always change the subject of your current post, it just doesn't show up as the thread title currently. Of course if this were implemented it would have to only be in the FS/FT and ISO threads and only the OP would have access to post in their thread. Might be too many restrictions to actually implement, but the theory is there.
treweman
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 4:02 pm

It's obvious that I still don't understand the reasoning behind the rule. If it is as easy as asking a MOD to change a thread title, and MODS always do so, why the extra step? What is the point of the need to ask a MOD to do it for us? If, on the other hand, there are cases where a MOD can or will refuse such a request, then maybe the rule makes sense. But I would need to know under what criteria a request would be denied in order to decide if I think it is fair or just or warranted.

And to clem99, who has changed many, many thread titles for me, thank you for your help. It was and is very appreciated.
maden
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 4:04 pm

What happens if you think it is unfair?
We'll kill the fatted calf tonight, so stick around

rossi1102
Art Expert

Tue May 24, 2011 4:07 pm

treweman wrote:It's obvious that I still don't understand the reasoning behind the rule. If it is as easy as asking a MOD to change a thread title, and MODS always do so, why the extra step? What is the point of the need to ask a MOD to do it for us? If, on the other hand, there are cases where a MOD can or will refuse such a request, then maybe the rule makes sense. But I would need to know under what criteria a request would be denied in order to decide if I think it is fair or just or warranted.

And to clem99, who has changed many, many thread titles for me, thank you for your help. It was and is very appreciated.
I think it's a matter of people trying to cover their tracks or change their story, after something has gone wrong. If you look back through some older threads there will be certain members whose posts are blank because they went back through and deleted the content of the post later down the line.

And I think it's hard for them to treat different parts of the forum differently. Even if they wanted to allow it in FS/FT, I'm not sure they can actually write the code to make it happen (or have the time to, remember they're volunteers).
jjbehren
Flipper

Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:49 pm

Are "Gauging Interest" threads allowed? I never see any so I thought I'd ask. If they are, should they be in "FS/T" or "General Discussion"?
electrachrome
Site Admin

Fri Jan 06, 2012 8:02 pm

jjbehren wrote:Are "Gauging Interest" threads allowed? I never see any so I thought I'd ask. If they are, should they be in "FS/T" or "General Discussion"?
on the PhishPosters forum there is a sub forum called Appraisal Corner that is both used for simply getting info on stuff thats out of the ordinary as well as gauging interest from potential buyers. A well worded FS/Trade post in the open market with a ballpark figure would be a reasonable way to go. I've got no issue with you giving it a go.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu Jan 26, 2012 11:13 pm

pewter14 wrote:
Codeblue wrote:There's a limit on FS threads, how about a limit on ISO threads too?
I'm for some ISO forum regulations ... this seems like a good start.
Bump.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
JayCee
Art Connoisseur

Sun Jan 29, 2012 11:48 pm

I made one sale since my time here joining this great community and was unaware of these guidelines quite sometime after i had joined. I was also unaware that we/I should request feedback from the person whom I sold my poster to, so my question here is where would i ask that person to reply my feedback from that sale? I know this might not be the place to ask but wanted to make sure others could check my feedback from my sale/s in the future. I had one other person whom inquired about a print/poster and they said they couldn't find the feedback from my sale that i made and wanted to be sure i was "in good standing" so to say. Thanks for your time and thoughts regarding my question.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:18 am

Have you already sent them a feedback request, or are you asking how to do so?

Also, in the future, it would probably be best to post this kind of question in the Help and Suggestions forum section for best visibility.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Mon Feb 27, 2012 2:34 pm

This may be dumb, but are the For Sale sections only for prints, or could we list print-related content there? I have a flat file I'm needing to get rid of.