Juxtapose 11 Mr Brainwash Release Discussion 05/20/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
heathunter881

Fri May 20, 2011 4:14 pm

SteveKai wrote:very good point.
a good example here is the liberty print. the image is great and was hand finished as well. the run was okay, it wasn't great but still good at 300. that print was selling for about 4-550 (speculating) during the first release, then it sat for about 300-350. but during the oscars buzz the print shot up to about 5-600. i think now it's back to about 350-400. my point is certain prints have more room for expansion whereas others are selling at their peak already. imho the Champ print has room to grow considering its edition size and how much it's selling for now.
Last edited by heathunter881 on Fri May 20, 2011 4:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 4:15 pm

treejam1 wrote:
Grateful69Phish wrote:
hellosir wrote:We all still get a chuckle out of your fake lotto win
:roll:

Yea... It was fake jackoff... Want to compare bank accounts?
Bet my collection alone is worth more than your inheritance...

Amazing what you jack off too - bet you bought one of these

Go phuck yourself- most folks know what a douche you are... Why don't you back Rata some more? :roll:
phucking phish phans...... I never liked you guys
Says the guy who can't identify a 2 foot long print defect and doesn't know how to handle issues... :roll:

Don't worry - the credit card claim is in process and that print will be returned in a flat envelope :D

DONT PAY THIS GUY GIFT
heathunter881

Fri May 20, 2011 4:16 pm

AttorneyGreg wrote:It's apples to oranges and the original price tag was less, but Covergirl was selling for 600-700 for the first few days, then jumped. I think I'm in the minority, but I like this one more personally. I also like that it is hand finished. I debated about whether to drop the cash on this one but in the end, can't think of one other MBW print I'm ISO that someone would sell me for less than face of this. Sh!t, mondriart goes for 1400, I can't predict this madness. But as far as MBW prints go, this is a good one imho (turns blind eye to greatest hits mumbo jumbo).

Side note - did a Starbucks Spray really sell for over $4k?
i thought most of his print comes hand finished? at least most of them do with his current drops so nothing special about this one. now if he drew the art and did everything himself, then we have a new topic to talk about.

never believe what you see on ebay lol. if you feel that a 4k print is too much then you're probably the majority.
Last edited by heathunter881 on Fri May 20, 2011 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
treejam1
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 4:17 pm

Why would you do that? If you dont want the print send it back the same way I sent it to you. Trust me karma will bite you in the ass
gonzo303
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 4:18 pm

heathunter881 wrote:
a good example here is the liberty print. the image is great and was hand finished as well. the run was okay, it wasn't great but still good at 300. that print was selling for about 4-550 (speculating) during the first release, then it sat for about 300-350. but during the oscars buzz the print shot up to about 5-600. i think now it's back to about 350-400. my point is certain prints have more room for expansion whereas others are at it's peak already. imho the Champ print has room to grow considering its edition size and how much it's selling for now.
So your talking this print down but are iso it??
Same fudge, different drop.
fnord
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 4:18 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote: Says the guy who can't identify a 2 foot long print defect and doesn't know how to handle issues... :roll:

Don't worry - the credit card claim is in process and that print will be returned in a flat envelope :D

DONT PAY THIS GUY GIFT
I'm relatively new but can you guys keep this fudge in the other threads, there's enough vitriol in this one already.
DeltaSigChi4 wrote:Don't let these nerds hold you down, playa.

E
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 4:21 pm

treejam1 wrote:Why would you do that? If you dont want the print send it back the same way I sent it to you. Trust me karma will bite you in the ass
I can't even believe you're asking.. Do I need to post the PM where you basically told me you didn't care and to go boff myself?

I had to cattle prod you into sending a photo to Mondo! " Too busy graduating..."

Dude.....
RiotAct
EB Team

Fri May 20, 2011 4:23 pm

gonzo303 wrote:
heathunter881 wrote:
a good example here is the liberty print. the image is great and was hand finished as well. the run was okay, it wasn't great but still good at 300. that print was selling for about 4-550 (speculating) during the first release, then it sat for about 300-350. but during the oscars buzz the print shot up to about 5-600. i think now it's back to about 350-400. my point is certain prints have more room for expansion whereas others are at it's peak already. imho the Champ print has room to grow considering its edition size and how much it's selling for now.
So your talking this print down but are iso it??
well duh, why would he hype up a print that he's ISO on here? So a prospective seller can go 'huh, he has a point, I should charge him $50 more!'? :D
heathunter881

Fri May 20, 2011 4:24 pm

gonzo303 wrote:So your talking this print down but are iso it??
not talking down. im just saying there's no real room for the print to go up. that's why i stated that i'm only paying face. it's one thing if the print was selling like hot cakes after the drop and i was downplaying it, but the fact is this isn't selling. check the one that just sold for $1,500, bet you that sale is super fake. the buyer that purchased the print has no previous activity, yet he dropped $1,500 for a print that's currently not moving anywhere. just my observation.

if it was a $500 print then i'd be all over it.
Last edited by heathunter881 on Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
treejam1
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I have a friend that deals with online fraud. If you actually file this claim and send it to me in a flat envelope(damaged) I will have no other course of action but to let him know in which you will answer to authorities. I dont like to do this sort of thing but would have no other course of action to take. Please be very careful if you make this decision. Trust me you don't wanna go down this rpoad over 50.00. I can refund you the money but will not tolerate you commiting fraud.
treejam1
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 4:26 pm

Grateful69Phish wrote:
treejam1 wrote:Why would you do that? If you dont want the print send it back the same way I sent it to you. Trust me karma will bite you in the ass
I can't even believe you're asking.. Do I need to post the PM where you basically told me you didn't care and to go boff myself?

I had to cattle prod you into sending a photo to Mondo! " Too busy graduating..."

Dude.....
IF YOU DONT WANT THE PRINT I WILL GIVE YOU A FULL REFUND JUST MAKE SURE THAT THE PRINT GETS SENT BACK THE SAME WAY IT WAS SENT OUT. IN A TUBE NOT AN ENVELOPE THAT IS JUST A REAL ASSHOLE MOVE.
hellosir
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 4:28 pm

Just for the record I never backed Rata
It's fun to see a meltdown though...this thread sucks
Question: What do you get out of being a compulsive liar G69P?
Question: Are you on any type of prescribed psychotropic medication?
carljwiii
Art Expert

Fri May 20, 2011 4:29 pm

treejam1 wrote:I have a friend that deals with online fraud. If you actually file this claim and send it to me in a flat envelope(damaged) I will have no other course of action but to let him know in which you will answer to authorities. I dont like to do this sort of thing but would have no other course of action to take. Please be very careful if you make this decision. Trust me you don't wanna go down this rpoad over 50.00. I can refund you the money but will not tolerate you commiting fraud.
Try the PM button.

ALL THE COOL KIDS ARE DOING IT.
I am a Rhinoceros and my skin is 2 feet thick
fatskippy
Art Enthusiast

Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm

wow the eb boards really are full of idiots
hellosir
Art Freak

Fri May 20, 2011 4:31 pm

Yes, please use PM's. This thread needs room for the continuous Ebay price play-by-play. So intriguing