Obey Elephant 09 Fairey Release Discussion 04/09/09

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Wed May 04, 2011 10:22 pm

artforthepeople wrote:Is it true that these prints (and others) will have imperfections in them? For example, will the border/edges of the screenprint maybe be a little uneven here and there? Or will some of the lines have a flaw here and there? I recently bought a print off of e bay and it was not as crisp as I was expecting. The seller advised that this is common as the screen printing process is not perfect.
Not sure about flaws, but I do know that there were 100 of them that had booger stains on the left side. These are known as the "booger variant". They're hard to come by, so make sure to ask the ebay seller if it is indeed one. Someone who was rolling the prints into tubes unknowingly had a booger on his/her hand and left remnants on about 100 of them, mostly the higher numbers of the edition. If you do find a booger variant, and decide to pass, let me know. I've been looking for one for a while.
d0ughman
Art Connoisseur

Thu May 05, 2011 9:09 pm

I heard there were some fake booger variants floating around... someone's been buying up mint copies and adding their own boogers to them to drive up the price.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 9:39 pm

flipflop wrote: Yeah you have to be a part of the obey platinum club to know about these things.

http://obeygiant.com/theplatinumclub

http://platinum.thegiant.org/
Is there a thread where this is debunked?
mkuborn
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 9:50 pm

Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 05, 2011 9:57 pm

artforthepeople wrote:Is it true that these prints (and others) will have imperfections in them? For example, will the border/edges of the screenprint maybe be a little uneven here and there? Or will some of the lines have a flaw here and there? I recently bought a print off of e bay and it was not as crisp as I was expecting. The seller advised that this is common as the screen printing process is not perfect.
Screen prints can most definitely have imperfections. It's inherent in the process and adds to the "charm". Since you didn't post any pictures, I'm going to assume what you're describing may be a poor registration issue. Some prints in an edition may be subject to this to a degree, however, if it is really noticeable, I'd expect it to be disclosed upfront.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
pvecchi
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 10:04 pm

Codeblue wrote:
Screen prints can most definitely have imperfections. It's inherent in the process and adds to the "charm". Since you didn't post any pictures, I'm going to assume what you're describing may be a poor registration issue. Some prints in an edition may be subject to this to a degree, however, if it is really noticeable, I'd expect it to be disclosed upfront.
Wasn't there a batch sold through some other website than obey that all had registration issues? I seem to remember employees of that place selling these flawed prints but maybe I'm mistaken.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Thu May 05, 2011 10:25 pm

There were some "test prints" that got released if I recall correctly.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Thu May 05, 2011 11:23 pm

mkuborn wrote:
flipflop wrote: Yeah you have to be a part of the obey platinum club to know about these things.

http://obeygiant.com/theplatinumclub

http://platinum.thegiant.org/
Is there a thread where this is debunked?
mkuborn wrote:http://www.thegiant.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16422

This was useless. Is it a big joke?
I want to be platinum, i can shake hands.
mkuborn
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 1:01 pm

I'ma bump this fudge until someone PM's me the password, joke site or not. I am way too curious. I just want to shake hands secretly.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 06, 2011 1:06 pm

STFU.
willg
Art Expert

Fri May 06, 2011 3:20 pm

Codeblue wrote:There were some "test prints" that got released if I recall correctly.

Didn't the first run get entirely scrapped because Shep was not happy with the print quality. I think a few of those made there way into circulation.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri May 06, 2011 3:42 pm

Something to that effect.
sidewaysscott
Art God

Sun May 05, 2013 11:26 am

ImageImageImageImage
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
whl10
Art Expert

Sun May 05, 2013 11:55 am

'Grats Scott !
treejam1
Art Expert

Sun May 05, 2013 12:12 pm

sidewaysscott wrote:ImageImageImageImage
Nice job dude, I should be getting one of these bad boys larter this week. I feel this is the most iconic Obey print.

Cheers :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: :pint: