Mother and Father 11 Soto Release Discussion 04/21/11

The place to discuss and anticipate new art releases.
saL
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:39 pm

Im not posting much here on EB, but I have to share my sadness about missing this one.. I was waiting for something like this for ages, and cant believe how fast it went..

so, if anyone is thinking of selling theirs (not expecting it, tough), let me know.. I could trade too..
wormser
Art Connoisseur

Thu Apr 21, 2011 6:48 pm

sixstringer wrote:What did it for you guys most: The Image or the format?
for the environmental aspects of using UV inks. Hehe, just because it prints environmentally doesn't mean it's made environmentally.
Truth be told i went after this because i've always been a fan of Jeffs work, even in his graf days, and being a relatively new father i thought the imaging and substrate were A+
Last edited by wormser on Fri Apr 22, 2011 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jumpinjeza
Art Expert

Thu Apr 21, 2011 11:25 pm

I'll trade my stout Star Wars variants for this if anyones up for it
trarex wrote:I find this very disturbing.
The only adult in that video is a black guy hanging out with the whitest 12 year olds on the planet.
TheThirdEye
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 11:42 am

Anyone else think Jeff kinda looks like David Koechner? :lol:

ReverendToneZone
Art Expert

Fri Apr 22, 2011 7:36 pm

Damn, bummed to have missed this today too. One of my favorites from the Levine show as well, especially on wood.

I did already pick up my absolute favorite piece from the show though . . . The Seeker. :D
SteveKai
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:10 pm

Hey guys,
I got refunded via paypal by Jeff on Thursday. But, my bank account balance doesn't reflect the refund. Have any of you had refunds from paypal before? Do they show up immediately or do they take several days? Just want to make sure i'm not getting taken for $300. Thanks.
colflesh
Art Connoisseur

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:17 pm

SteveKai wrote:Hey guys,
I got refunded via paypal by Jeff on Thursday. But, my bank account balance doesn't reflect the refund. Have any of you had refunds from paypal before? Do they show up immediately or do they take several days? Just want to make sure i'm not getting taken for $300. Thanks.
It takes a couple of days for paypal to process the refund. Since you paid with your bank account, they will just put the refunded amount in your paypal account. If you want the funds in your bank account, you'll have to then transfer your paypal balance back to you bank account, which could take 4-5 business days.
SteveKai
Art Expert

Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:19 pm

colflesh wrote:
SteveKai wrote:Hey guys,
It takes a couple of days for paypal to process the refund. Since you paid with your bank account, they will just put the refunded amount in your paypal account. If you want the funds in your bank account, you'll have to then transfer your paypal balance back to you bank account, which could take 4-5 business days.
Thanks for the quick reply, colflesh. I was hoping I wouldn't have to file a claim or something to that extent. Thanks again, bud :).
student42
Art Expert

Sun May 08, 2011 1:28 pm

Has anybody received their Mother and Father print yet? I was just wondering because it has been a few weeks and I have not heard anything or received a shipping confirmation.
ImageI like pie!
QFiction
Art Enthusiast

Mon May 09, 2011 11:30 am

student42 wrote:Has anybody received their Mother and Father print yet? I was just wondering because it has been a few weeks and I have not heard anything or received a shipping confirmation.
Nope, nothing here either. Jeff has taken a while to ship things off in the past, but they always come. Probably because of the format there is some extra shipping concerns to be sorted out. I wouldn't worry too much.
antoine432
New User

Tue May 10, 2011 10:35 am

TheThirdEye wrote:Anyone else think Jeff kinda looks like David Koechner? :lol:

YES i THOUGHT THE SAME THING (hope Jeff will not get mad at us !)

By the way, just like the other fellow, I am so sad to have missed the Mother and Father print and I am willing to buy it if someone is interested. I can also trade (I have tons of great designer toys).
Hornet
Art Connoisseur

Tue May 10, 2011 12:12 pm

QFiction wrote:
student42 wrote:Has anybody received their Mother and Father print yet? I was just wondering because it has been a few weeks and I have not heard anything or received a shipping confirmation.
Nope, nothing here either. Jeff has taken a while to ship things off in the past, but they always come. Probably because of the format there is some extra shipping concerns to be sorted out. I wouldn't worry too much.
First boxes he tried to use would have been $100 to ship. So, he had to figure out a different packing method. Everything is on track and pieces should be shipped this week or early next.
student42
Art Expert

Mon May 16, 2011 10:51 am

First boxes he tried to use would have been $100 to ship. So, he had to figure out a different packing method. Everything is on track and pieces should be shipped this week or early next.[/quote]

Thank you for the update. I am excited to see how the new UV ink looks on wood in person.
ImageI like pie!
rhoggard

Wed May 18, 2011 9:24 pm

It looks like they finally have started to ship.
Can't wait :clap:
QFiction
Art Enthusiast

Wed May 18, 2011 9:38 pm

rhoggard wrote:It looks like they finally have started to ship.
Can't wait :clap:
+pie