Suggestion - Collection Value Calculator

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Yall are pissing in the wind.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
MastaMonk
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:24 pm

Flimby wrote:
cinematical wrote:private tool
no doubt
Think its doable?
Flimby

Tue Apr 26, 2011 4:30 pm

i will ask, not sure if thomas, yamar, or doug have seen this
GR8Dane
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:01 pm

MastaMonk wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:Your calculator is on eBay. That is the only way you will find out the true value.

The averages here are tainted by money grubbing green disease whores.

If you care about the art, the value should not matter.

If you care about the value, your love is not art.

I understand what your saying, but it's still information that would be good for people to know.

It's not as much caring about value as it is knowing about it. And knowing about these kind of things is called being responsible.
Knowing how much your hobby is worth is being responsible? My poor kids are in bad shape then......
sixstringer
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:06 pm

I use: http://www.frostbow.com/products/home_inventory.shtml

for my collection. I like to keep track of the costs/values etc and other info and it let's you add all kinds of details. You can run reports to see your current collections value & cost etc. It's really cool. Just be sure to try out the "LITE" version which is totally free!
Last edited by sixstringer on Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Flimby

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:09 pm

sixstringer wrote:Off topic slightly but I use: http://www.frostbow.com/products/home_inventory.shtml

for my collection. I like to keep track of the costs/values etc and other info and it let's you add all kinds of details. You can run reports to see your current collections value & cost etc. It's really cool. Just be sure to try out the "LITE" version which is totally free!
that looks good. merci.
edderlyj
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:10 pm

locked, thread done, let's all go play with our 'private tool' and say good day sir
I won.
binky79
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:26 pm

That would be a great tool built into the site, but I've been using a spreadsheet to keep track of my cost vs value since i bought my third poster/print. Is that strange? That's not why I buy the posters/prints but it works as a way to justify the money I've already spent.
alngtheway
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:29 pm

Flimby wrote:
sixstringer wrote:Off topic slightly but I use: http://www.frostbow.com/products/home_inventory.shtml

that looks good. merci.
not for us Mac users :(
krisjay
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:31 pm

I guess as a private tool, it couldn't do any harm, might be fun to mess around with. In that scenario I could see it's worth.
Burn, baby, burn!!!!
dasher12
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:33 pm

This sounds sweet. Anybody know if there is a Mac version ?
colflesh
Art Connoisseur

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 pm

When you click on Save Collection, it spits out a long pdf file showing an image and a bunch of additional fields (EB access #, title, edition, year, class, artist, band and condition). I think it would be helpful if there was an option to get that information, minus the image, generated in a delimited text file. That way, someone could easily insert that into excel. Also, it seems like if that were possible, it wouldn't be difficult to add a couple of additional fields to the generated file, such as original price, low price, high price, average price, 6 month average. You would be able to open that file in excel, or some other spreadsheet software, fill in any missing gaps, and do quick calculations.
thebends9
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 5:53 pm

Can we get a video game subforum?
cinematical
Art Expert

Tue Apr 26, 2011 6:30 pm

GR8Dane wrote:
MastaMonk wrote:
GR8Dane wrote:Your calculator is on eBay. That is the only way you will find out the true value.

The averages here are tainted by money grubbing green disease whores.

If you care about the art, the value should not matter.

If you care about the value, your love is not art.

I understand what your saying, but it's still information that would be good for people to know.

It's not as much caring about value as it is knowing about it. And knowing about these kind of things is called being responsible.
Knowing how much your hobby is worth is being responsible? My poor kids are in bad shape then......
Or it's just curiosity. Is that a bad thing?

I don't plan on selling my Stout Inglourious Basterds print, but I do keep track of how much it's worth because, hey, there ARE things in life that I'd rather do/have than an art print for a movie. And if one of those things comes up, it's a good thing to know how much it's worth. Same goes for everything I own.
dasher12
Art Expert

Wed Apr 27, 2011 2:58 am

cinematical wrote:I don't plan on selling my Stout Inglourious Basterds print, but I do keep track of how much it's worth because, hey, there ARE things in life that I'd rather do/have than an art print for a movie. And if one of those things comes up, it's a good thing to know how much it's worth. Same goes for everything I own.
+1 I dont have the Stout Inglorious Basterds print but think that this is a good outlook on the poster addiction and life in general. :)