Members - Please Read - Adding Art vs Adding Images

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
ryanteedy
New User

Sat Apr 23, 2016 10:19 am

I've tried adding a piece for the first time but I am not sure if it has gone through. The first time it said that it was too large, and the second time nothing seemed to happen. Should I have received a confirmation?
3xc1tab1eDan

Sun Sep 25, 2016 9:28 pm

much thanks - I've just submitted both and this helped address my questions!
FAMPart
Art Connoisseur

Wed Nov 09, 2016 12:46 am

tried adding a new art piece but it keep getting a gateway error. is it not possible to add right now?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:32 am

FAMPart wrote:tried adding a new art piece but it keep getting a gateway error. is it not possible to add right now?
This has been mentioned in a number of places.
mfaith wrote:This is a known issue. The submission is going through, so no need to resubmit. It's just the completion page that's erroring out.
Adding auctions, though, legit doesn't work.
So it goes...
theghost

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:40 am

I'm trying to add a couple of editions to an existing piece of art, but I have only been successful in adding the images so far. I cannot seem to find the link for the corrections thread from the art entry itself, and when I click on the link for the correction thread in the beginning of this thread, I get a topic does not exist error. Am I missing something? Do I need to have a certain amount of activity on the forum in order to be able to access the thread? If it matters, I am trying to update the Spusta Exposing an Elder entry to include the Opal and Amber editions.

Thanks,
theghost
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Thu Nov 17, 2016 8:49 am

So it goes...
theghost

Thu Nov 17, 2016 9:34 am

mfaith wrote:Entry correction thread: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 8&t=108718
Thank you
Dubflakes
Art Expert

Wed Apr 26, 2017 5:33 am

Getting that 413 error (entry too large). Is there a way I can remedy that?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Wed Apr 26, 2017 7:20 am

Dubflakes wrote:Getting that 413 error (entry too large). Is there a way I can remedy that?
Yes, this has been mentioned in several place. Here's one: http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... 7#p3382977
So it goes...
JonSnow
New User

Tue Aug 01, 2017 6:40 pm

aahnutz wrote:The ADD ART feature is for new art not already listed in the database. If you have a pic you would like to submit for an existing entry, please use the ADD IMAGE feature under Member Tools. List all pertinent information in the Notes section. Please - do not create a new title. Enter the title that is already in use for that listing. If it is a new variant or class, a team member will create a new printing for it while approving your pic. Complying with this request should speed up the approval process for your image submissions as well as shorten the list of new art to be approved. Thank you.
Hello.

I'm new here and just added something into my collection and it said it would post pending review. I'm just trying to get my bearings straight before anything drastic happens.

I'd like to add more art but does it normally take several days for something to list under your own collection or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Tue Aug 01, 2017 9:50 pm

JonSnow wrote:
aahnutz wrote:The ADD ART feature is for new art not already listed in the database. If you have a pic you would like to submit for an existing entry, please use the ADD IMAGE feature under Member Tools. List all pertinent information in the Notes section. Please - do not create a new title. Enter the title that is already in use for that listing. If it is a new variant or class, a team member will create a new printing for it while approving your pic. Complying with this request should speed up the approval process for your image submissions as well as shorten the list of new art to be approved. Thank you.
Hello.

I'm new here and just added something into my collection and it said it would post pending review. I'm just trying to get my bearings straight before anything drastic happens.

I'd like to add more art but does it normally take several days for something to list under your own collection or did I do something wrong?

Thanks!
What steps did you take to add it to your collection?
So it goes...
bamberg

Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:53 pm

How long does it take before art I added will get approved and posted? I posted a few Craig Drake Kill Bill prints that came out in Craig's latest solo show in January, and a couple of weeks later, they are still not out there to add to my collection? What's the typical turnaround these days? Could there be something wrong with what I posted?
mfaith
EB Team Emeritus

Sun Feb 18, 2018 2:49 pm

bamberg wrote:How long does it take before art I added will get approved and posted? I posted a few Craig Drake Kill Bill prints that came out in Craig's latest solo show in January, and a couple of weeks later, they are still not out there to add to my collection? What's the typical turnaround these days? Could there be something wrong with what I posted?
I clean out the queue daily, for the most part. So if it's been more than a day since you submitted it, then that likely means it was rejected. If you want to message me specifics, I can review and provide an explanation. Unfortunately the approval/rejection notification emails haven't been going out since the big site outage, or else you'd already have received my rejection notes.
So it goes...
gentryly
Art Enthusiast

Thu May 21, 2020 1:15 pm

thanks for the tip, the time for confirmation is not much really.
brooksayola

Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:00 pm

I added a variation to an existing piece here (it's in the Database Entry Update Requests thread) but noticed after the fact that my image is over the 800 pixel suggested? Limit? not sure how strict that is as with the resolution of monitors these days, 800 pixels square is small. Can I delete and resize and upload again, or will larger images be accepted?