Members - Please Read - Adding Art vs Adding Images

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:48 am

The ADD ART feature is for new art not already listed in the database. If you have a pic you would like to submit for an existing entry, please use the ADD IMAGE feature under Member Tools. List all pertinent information in the Notes section. Please - do not create a new title. Enter the title that is already in use for that listing. If it is a new variant or class, a team member will create a new printing for it while approving your pic. Complying with this request should speed up the approval process for your image submissions as well as shorten the list of new art to be approved. Thank you.
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
RiotAct
EB Team

Sun May 08, 2011 7:12 pm

Hi -- what does it mean if there's an orange border around a picture in the image gallery? I added 7 or 8 pics of the Widespread Panic 25th Anniv. tour sparkle foil print last week, and they all have the orange border around them. Just wondering -- thanks!
Flimby

Sun May 08, 2011 7:16 pm

RiotAct wrote:Hi -- what does it mean if there's an orange border around a picture in the image gallery? I added 7 or 8 pics of the Widespread Panic 25th Anniv. tour sparkle foil print last week, and they all have the orange border around them. Just wondering -- thanks!

orange border means waiting on approval
should get them by tomorrow, thanks for adding
IWish
Art Expert

Sun May 29, 2011 5:42 pm

I use the Upload under Tools for this scenario, right?
If you have a pic you would like to submit for an existing entry, please use the ADD IMAGE feature under Member Tools.
Try as I might, I can't find an Add Art feature. I'm probably staring right at it...what the hell?
The ADD ART feature is for new art not already listed in the database.
aahnutz
EB Team

Sun May 29, 2011 6:22 pm

Adding Art

Any EB Member may submit art for inclusion in the EB Art Guide. Please begin by searching the existing EB database to be sure the piece is not already included.

The art submission page is accessed by following the "Add Art" link in the Member Info section on the left of a user's "My Page" page. Please enter information into all fields where the information is known. Listed below is the most important information required for all art submissions. Please review and adhere to these guidelines and you're submission should glide through the approval process. Thanks!

Name - Please refer to the Naming New Art Entries wiki page for guidelines on how to name a new art submission.

Year - Required for all art submissions. Four digits please. If you are uncertain, make your best guess...or do a little research.

Class - If it advertises an event/gig - it's a poster. Please use dropdown menu.

Artist - Please use dropdown menu. It lists the most popular artists added to the database. If your artist is not listed there, click on "More". If it's not there, select "Other" and add the artist's name - last name first. (Example: Forbes, Alan).

Band - Please use dropdown menu. It lists the most popular bands added to the database. If your band is not listed there, click on "More". If it's not there, select "Other" and add the band name. Do not add "The" at the beginning of the band's name. Example: Cult, The. If it is a multiple band event, add the headliner band. List all other band names in the notes section. They will be added by a team member during the approval process.

Venue - Please use dropdown menu. If it is not listed, select "Other" and add the venue name per the Venue Format guidelines.

Image - Please refer to the linked Wiki page for image submittal guidelines. Images that require cropping or resizing will slow the approval process.

Status - Please see the linked Wiki page for a listing and explanation of the Status field.

Technique - Please see the linked Wiki page for a listing and explanation of the Technique field.

Series - Please the linked Wiki page for a listing and explanation of the Series field.

Release Date - This is the date the art was released to the general public. If you don't know the exact date, leave it blank. The correct format is Year, Month, Day (example - 2009-12-10). All art submissions with an accompanying release date appear at the top of the approval queue for immediate attention. Please do not enter 0000-00-00. It doesn't help us and your submission will be overlooked.

Event - Please insert the date of the event in this field.

Note - Please list all other information you think is important for us to know, especially additional band names (for gigposters).

Please note that in order to facilitate pageloading speed, the initial listings in the Artist, Band and Venue drop-down menus are incomplete and include only the highest-ranked listings based on an internal ranking system that gives points based on views and related inventory on the site (8:1). To view the complete listings, click the "More" button to the right and the Add Art page will reload with the full list.

Adding Images

Any EB Member may submit images for inclusion with existing EB Art Guide entries. This is done by following the "Add Image" link in the "Image Tools" section of any entry's Image Gallery. You should only add images that are better than the existing ones or that show some special detail of the print. Please do not add images to be used to show the condition of a print for the purposes of selling; this is for education. You may show off your frame jobs if you like. Keep in mind that images take space and space costs money so do not go overboard. All images will be subject to approval.

Please follow the Image Guidelines when submitting images.

The Wiki is your friend ---> EB User Guide :)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 08, 2011 3:09 pm

This is late in coming...

...Thank you!
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:46 pm

Me again.

I just submitted my first image (McCarthy/Up Above The World So High) framed print. When these submissions are received at your end, for approval, does it identify the submitter? I ask only because it doesn't appear that is the purpose of the "Note" field. By looking at other submissions - that function is only to add *text* to accompany images, if one chooses to include.

Thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:49 pm

That setting (adding your name to the image) can be changed here:

http://www.expressobeans.com/account.php
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:57 pm

'kay. It's cool. I don't need to be anonymous. Just wasn't sure if I'd automatically be identified or if I needed to include that info in the notes field.

Thanks
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:58 pm

By default you will be identified.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
IWish
Art Expert

Sun Jun 19, 2011 11:10 am

Damn.

I added two images, but I forgot to reformat to max size prior to submitting (they are over-sized). Will I get a reject notice so I can resize and resubmit? Sorry...still new at this.
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 10:54 pm

I'm not sure how to request an addition to the "Edition" drop-down list/options for this print. I'd like to request the addition of AP.

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/138434
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:06 pm

Do it in the Entry Corrections thread.

http://forum.expressobeans.com/viewtopi ... start=7935
IWish
Art Expert

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:33 pm

It's been added. Thanks!

I don't mind sayin'...I felt quite smug-ish making that correction.
comountaingolf
Art Expert

Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:32 pm

Submitted the 2 Aaron Horkey / Pushead collaborations from SD Comic Con '11 last week for EB approval. The confirmed title of the B&W 'mystery' print is No. 1. I believe the title of the color collab print is No. 2. I'll post up some better detail pics of the prints once they are approved. Thanks! :pint:
Jim Carr wrote:The fans are standing up to them! The security guards are standing up to them! The peanut vendors are standing up to them!
> THC X 9 <