Members - Please Read - Adding Art vs Adding Images

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
dougr
Site Admin

Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:17 pm

brooksayola wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:00 pm
I added a variation to an existing piece here (it's in the Database Entry Update Requests thread) but noticed after the fact that my image is over the 800 pixel suggested? Limit? not sure how strict that is as with the resolution of monitors these days, 800 pixels square is small. Can I delete and resize and upload again, or will larger images be accepted?
thanks for your submission! the site will automatically resize submitted oversized images to the max limit, but your software may provide better results. please be sure to crop the image to the art's closest edge on each side!
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
brooksayola

Wed Feb 08, 2023 10:38 pm

dougr wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2023 10:17 pm
brooksayola wrote:
Mon Feb 06, 2023 5:00 pm
I added a variation to an existing piece here (it's in the Database Entry Update Requests thread) but noticed after the fact that my image is over the 800 pixel suggested? Limit? not sure how strict that is as with the resolution of monitors these days, 800 pixels square is small. Can I delete and resize and upload again, or will larger images be accepted?
thanks for your submission! the site will automatically resize submitted oversized images to the max limit, but your software may provide better results. please be sure to crop the image to the art's closest edge on each side!
On that particular submission, I thought that leaving a little bit of space around the edges might convey that it's a magazine better than cropping really tight. It does look a little soft, so I'll resize to 800 pixels next time. Thanks.
sektor
New User

Fri Jun 23, 2023 4:20 pm

I did submit an image with the following entry https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/315160 but now see that it is of poor quality. The original image is oversized, but lacks the visual artefacts in the entry. I don't think it entails a new image submission, rather replacement. How do I go about it?

Cheers!
KipPotapych
Art Connoisseur

Mon Mar 25, 2024 4:04 am

Imagine when AI will actually become “smart”.
goldmanb
New User

Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:52 am

Hi I've added 2 items - one a few weeks ago, one yesterday. How can I see when they'll be included in the DB?