Paypal Question: Unregisterd Seller

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 3:29 am

So I finally got a good deal on a print I've wanted for a really long time, but of course there was a catch (isn't there always). The catch being that the seller is brand new on eBay, but that's not a deal breaker. I just paid for the print and now in my Paypal , it says "unclaimed" payment and the seller is "unregistered." So before I get all worried, I was wondering if anyone has dealt with this before. I'm not terribly concerned because Paypal has gotten me money back before. If no one has experience with this I guess I'll give it a week and see if the print shows up or Paypal notifies me with something. Thanks for the help in advance.
Goonies never say die!
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Sep 30, 2010 5:35 am

I hope you paid by credit card

Seller might be in the process of (eastablishing a paypal account or the don't have the abilty to accept c.c payments

If the seller wants you to pay via cash instead get the heck out of the transaction
guryter
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 10:19 am

Did you typo the seller's email address? Or it's possible the seller typo'd their own email address when they set up the auction.

That's the only time I can remember seeing that through paypal. Shoot them a message and verify.
Stingers wrote:If you can't get it up eat less fudge, excersise and stop being a kitten.
john38103 wrote:All gin every thing. drymount all you hoes.
Relax, I honestly don't give a fudge.
JAWilmesJr
Art Expert

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks for the replies. Half was Paypal funds, the rest from checking; you got me kind of worried now.

My friend just started selling on eBay and said they held her funds until her first few buyers left feedback and stated they had received the product. I don't remember this when I started an eBay account but that was back in 2003. Hopefully, that's the case and it'll say "unclaimed, unregistered" until I get the print. If anyone has more info or can confirm what I am thinking please let me know. Thanks.
Goonies never say die!
Grateful69Phish
Art Freak

Thu Sep 30, 2010 7:27 pm

contact paypal immediately- push them to refund unless they can explain this pending stuff

Roles have changed in paypal over the years for new accounts

ALWAYS pay my credit card- always !!
moonlightlady339
New User

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:10 am

:( Only today, the same thing happened to me. As far as I can tell, I purchased from a green seller, someone who hasn't sold much of anything. It seems he has failed to setup a PayPal account or like you've previously mentioned, has done so with the wrong email address, which quite frankly annoys me, because a seller shouldn't list that they accept PayPal if they haven't gotten setup with them properly. So, yes, I am getting unclaimed and unregistered. I have emailed the seller asking them to setup the PayPal account so that payment will proceed, so I'll let you know how it's going. If I don't hear from the Seller very soon though, I'll cancel my payment and put this experience behind me. I feel that it will work out fine though. Next time I will be more careful to look at the profile of the seller. I usually do this, but it's been a while since I purchased anything on Ebay. Hope this helps. So sorry it happened to you, too.
dsanacore
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:20 am

rmoore wrote:The spambots are gaining sentience. Skynet is not far away.
:lol:
Image Image
lcsproductions
Art Connoisseur

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:21 am

Made more sense then some of the people around here.

Now which movies do you like?
$250 for the pair shipped and insured. Both are mint. Shipping should be around 7 or 8 bucks.

FYI: this was the collection that didn't make my walls, still beats your shitty little collections...and if it doesn't, I still couldn't care less.
moonlightlady339
New User

Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:18 am

Well, I lucked out. After numerous attempts to try and get the seller to respond to emails, I cancelled the entire transaction through PayPal. They have refunded back to my credit card. All is well. I did leave negative feedback for the seller because a seller should not put it on there that they accept PayPal when they haven't even taken the time to register with them. Lesson learned didn't get burned. :roll:
rmoore
Art Expert

Sun Mar 25, 2012 12:26 pm

itsame wrote:
rmoore wrote:The spambots are gaining sentience. Skynet is not far away.
But there's no links!
That's what they want you to think, man!

conspiracy_theorist.jpg
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:37 pm

JAWilmesJr wrote:Half was Paypal funds, the rest from checking.
Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.