Tips for selling

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
AndrewJ

Tue May 25, 2021 6:55 pm

Hello,

I'm brand new to this community. My account was registered a decade ago, but I only show up to check out art - never participate (sorry). If this question is in the wrong section or has already been answered a thousand times and I just haven't found the threads yet, my apologies and please let me know.

Years ago I was lucky enough for my browser to refresh at the exact right moment for me to pick up this set of prints from Mondo:
https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/130044

The plan was to keep them forever, but you know how it is... kids are born and priorities change. Now I'm considering selling. Only problem is: I don't know this community, I have no reputation here, I don't know if there's etiquette involved with this sort of transaction, and I've never been active on ebay (no sales history, just a few purchases). If I were a buyer... I wouldn't trust me.

If any of you have tips for how a total noob would go about a sale like this, I'd greatly appreciate it. I keep seeing "don't use PayPal friends and family" in my forum searches, so at least that's a start.

Many thanks,
-andrew
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue May 25, 2021 7:00 pm

Luls. Ask dis guy:
crowley26 wrote:
Mon Jan 18, 2021 8:14 pm
crowley26 wrote:
Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:15 pm
Hey All - I'm a newbie to expressobeans. Very thankful to have stumbled across this community.

I'm the original owner of a matching set/series of all three posters (#219/400). A few details:
  • a. I've been the only owner and acquired them from Mondo during the original sale in 2010
  • b. Due to living circumstances at the time of purchase, I have never opened the package as it arrived from Mondo
  • c. I have all my original documentation, confirmation email, invoices and the package is exactly as it arrived from Mondo (tube undamaged, tape and shipping labels intact).
  • d. Since the package is unopened, I have never actually laid eyes on the posters myself
Needless to say, these have been close to my heart - however, I am considering parting ways with them. Given the circumstances above, I was hoping a friend here might be able to help me address my below concerns as I embark along the process of finding these posters a loving, appreciative new home.
  • 1. Does the fact that the posters are EXACTLY as they were shipped by Mondo help or hurt my resale value?
  • 1a. If help, any suggestions to increase buyer confidence that the item is as advertised?
  • 1b. If hurt, what steps should I take now to address any concerns?
  • 2. Outside of Ebay, does anyone have a recommended selling procedure that is safe for both buyer & seller?
  • 3. If I do sell on Ebay, I believe my lack of seller feedback would limit interest in the item and am considering working with a reputable vendor. Any suggestions?
Any help would be appreciated. And if not - no worries, happy hunting! This community has already been awesome & I've found a few prints I never even knew I wanted. Thanks!
Hey All,

I know this thread has been dormant for awhile, but wanted to share that I’ve definitely made up my mind to sell my set (in the same circumstances outlined above and discussed in detail starting on Page 20 of this thread).

Ultimately, the Mrs. and I have decided to save up and purchase our first house. Of course, while the money will help with the down payment as we start our life together, ultimately I’m realizing that I just won’t ever really have a place to hang these and display them in our home (which was my original intent as both a Star Wars and Olly Moss fan).

All the same circumstances and details shared in the original post from 2015 still apply. Only notable differences are that it’s been five additional years since then (10 since release), we have relocated to Georgia (as opposed to South Florida) and - based on the sleuthing of some helpful posters in this thread - 219 is NOT the edition number, as originally stated, but in fact the Mondo SKU from my original invoice.

I’d love to get $7,500 for the set, but am accepting any and all reasonable offers. I’d also ideally like to handle here vs. posting on eBay (unless there’s a total lack of interest), so please feel free to DM with any questions or follow-ups. I’m sure there will be a few given its original packaging + what I gather are a rather sizeable number of fakes based on the most recent posts in this thread.

All the best,
Mike
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
AndrewJ

Tue May 25, 2021 7:16 pm

Thanks Codeblue. I appreciate the response. Apologies for adding repetition to the forum. I'll search up that thread and see what others had to say.

Thanks again.
AndrewJ

Tue May 25, 2021 7:29 pm

Sounds like these prints have had some drama around them. I'll keep reading.

This made me laugh:
Codeblue wrote:
Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:41 pm
Luls. Provenance aka printout of Mondo email receipt.
Also, dying to learn if he's opened the tube yet...
finneganm
Art Freak

Tue May 25, 2021 7:55 pm

Depending on where you are located, maybe you can enlist a third party (gallery, trusted member, etc) to sell for you for a small fee.

Other than that, I would say join Facebook, join one of the many, many poster groups and raffle it for like 12k.
That's what she said
AndrewJ

Tue May 25, 2021 8:23 pm

finneganm wrote:
Tue May 25, 2021 7:55 pm
Depending on where you are located, maybe you can enlist a third party (gallery, trusted member, etc) to sell for you for a small fee.

Other than that, I would say join Facebook, join one of the many, many poster groups and raffle it for like 12k.
Thank you, finneganm. I'm in Reno, Nevada. Not exactly gallery central, but within striking distance of places that are. That could also remove the stress of having to ship them.

Facebook sounds like another interesting route.

Thank you for the advice!