Shady Sellers

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
plaf4011

Mon Mar 09, 2020 3:58 pm

Si I am still a NOOB despite having bought and traded many prints here. I have never had an issue with dishonesty. I recently made a purchase and after the money was received I got nothing. I was sent a message saying it was received and would ship soon. Now I cant get a response. I'm super disappointed and just didn't think I had to worry about that kind of nonsense here. Thoughts???
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:03 pm

Don't pay with friends and family.
If you did not, then file a paypal claim against them.
Name and shame on here and put his/her name in the title.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Mar 09, 2020 4:11 pm

It's always a good idea to search the forum for the user in question to see if any past shenanigans can be found.

There's also a dedicated thread to various call-outs here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147723

Otherwise, take mattlew's advice and always pay goods unless the person truly is a friend or family member. On top of that, use your CC to send the money for an extra layer of protection.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
plaf4011

Mon Mar 09, 2020 7:21 pm

Used goods and services (per usual) and always CC. Everything but name and shame I guess. Feedback was positive Wasn't really too concerned. Again, never had any issues. Probably give it a bit of time and hope I hear from him. I'd like to think that people are good but....... Thanks guys
mattlew69
Art Expert

Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:29 pm

If they go 2 weeks with no response or no art, then I would file the paypal claim.
Qqq
Art Enthusiast

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:47 am

I have had this happen twice in the same week. I haven’t heard anything from either of them. Is there a place to notify other buyers of the sellers involved? Please someone help. I didn’t use g and s! Thanks.
bert
Art Expert

Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:54 am

Were they sellers on here?

How long has it been since you sent payment?
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:25 pm

Qqq wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:47 am
I have had this happen twice in the same week. I haven’t heard anything from either of them. Is there a place to notify other buyers of the sellers involved? Please someone help. I didn’t use g and s! Thanks.
Post their user names and the details of the call out here: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=147723

Users are typically not banned for this kind of call out as transactions are not policed by the admins/mods. There's also nothing to prevent user from creating a new account and doing the same thing. The feedback system of EB is a good way to check references of a seller before making a purchase but it seems underutilized these days.

As far as not using goods, calling paypal is the only advice I can give.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH