Waiting for approval

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:01 am

bubbie wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:58 am
Also, to be frank, who gives a fudge about those except for the person who submitted them and maybe two other people. Who gives a fudge about stickers at all? Pins? Do we have socks and shoes that Stout dropped not long (or was it long?) ago in the db? Does one really need to keep track of stickers they have in a shoe box? Or maybe someone wants to keep an eye on the “value” of the said stickers?

What Blue said about commissions.
Phish merch is phish merch, yo.
35mmpaul wrote:We are addicted to things that hurt our butts.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:02 am

papaver wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:00 am
Codeblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:59 am
papaver wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 2:57 am
i even proposed to redo the site and was shot down... there you have it.
Luls. Have ya asked them how much to buy out the whole fudge yet? Meet the new boss, same as the old boss.
i have. they also said no to that. they rather just see the site rot. so sad.
Dafug, why? Dis betta not become gigposters part deux (well the old gp at least anyway).
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:04 am

who knows. i was willing to buy the site and redo it all myself in the goal of making it an alternate place to buy/trade prints n multiples. don't want to let go and don't want to let anyone else make it better. oh well. on to other things. pretty much why i gave up on putting any effort on the upgrades to the site and just been in maintenance mode. they wanted to hire another company and get some bids ;) i'm sure that is gonna go well.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 am

Isn't dat what the site is already for? Not sure what ya were planning that's any different other than bringing the technology up to speed.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:07 am

Crypto Art. Duh.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:07 am

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:06 am
Isn't dat what the site is already for? Not sure what ya were planning that's any different other than bringing the technology up to speed.
well, we could allow actual payment right through the site and let people setup a store front even. add analytics and allow people to track their collection worth, etc, etc. auto scrape ebay, add image matching ... i have a million ideas...
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:58 am

Sounds like a yuge project. What's the deal with dat Art Collectorz site? I've seen it come up a few times when I searched for a piece of art. Has a pretty turrible GUI, and doesn't seem to track any sales data, which seems to be everyone's Achilles heel who's tried to "compete" with EB.
bert
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2021 7:20 am

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 3:58 am
Sounds like a yuge project. What's the deal with dat Art Collectorz site? I've seen it come up a few times when I searched for a piece of art. Has a pretty turrible GUI, and doesn't seem to track any sales data, which seems to be everyone's Achilles heel who's tried to "compete" with EB.
Think they probably underestimated the amount of work it is to stay on top of sales data? At least there are still enough active members here to keep a chunk of the database up to date in terms of sales data. I don’t like the fancy GUI either, much prefer simple old EB.
bfitz
EB Trainee

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:15 am

This may be controversial and may not even be possible, but why have the approval process at all? Any reason why it can’t be more Wiki style? People can submit corrections if information is incorrect.
mattlew69
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2021 9:42 am

Because stickers........and other shitty non-art ppl would add.
bfitz
EB Trainee

Fri Feb 26, 2021 10:53 am

Yeah, but then you can just attack that stuff on the back end. Kind of like when people try to create Wikipedia entries about themselves -- they don't last long.

Of course, I say all of this assuming that 60-70%+ of the queue is what most people would classify as traditional art vs. random ephemera. If it's 80% randomness and only 20% traditional, I retract.

If the latter is the case, then I'd hope that approvals have a filtering process so that the mods can look at original art, lithographs, prints, etc. That way there's at least a way to attack the queue by filtering the "noise."
younevrknow
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:01 am

Codeblue wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 12:19 am
younevrknow wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:18 pm
nottyplay1 wrote:
Sun Sep 27, 2020 8:03 pm
Thanks for the input..but I've been here for a while and have seen when it operates as it should and when it doesn't..right now the dbase is being uploaded on preferential treatment by mods, not saying you in particular but it is going on..for anyone who frequents the site and uses it this is very apparent.. how the day of an artist reveals an image it is updated asap on the dbase while other releases that were submitted are not even up yet, this is what I would call preferential treatment.
Our approval queue actually doesn't display the submissions in order by submission date, it shows them in reverse order by release date, which is why "new releases" may be approved first

The new art queue has sometimes had upwards of 250+ new submissions in it, many of which were either incorrect or incomplete and can take tons of time to get through.

As a collector of DMB and Obey myself, when I only have a few minutes in EB during the day, I tend to submit (and approve) those submissions myself so they aren't even a part of the queue. All this to say there's a lot going on behind the scenes with how the site works and how things function, and it's not about preferential treatment of members. It was great when mfaith could devote hours a day to keep everything up to date in the art approvals and corrections, but that's just not the case anymore.
Wondering what it would be like to see 250 submissions in the queue again....

508 in the queue at the moment. At one point a few months ago there were over 1700 in the queue.
jkw3000
EB Team

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:16 am

Coupling all that with how at various points we've gotten entries that were pics of old, hard to track and check posters from decades prior. And beyond stickers - merch from concerts. Don't wanna call anybody out but I'm looking at a nalgene bottle submission ffs.

younevrknow's been doing the lord's work. :notworthy: I've scheduled myself to do some of it this weekend but it's definitely dedicated time.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:24 am

I joined that collectionzz site when it started and then promptly forgot about it. I logged in recently for the first time in maybe years and realized someone had bought a print from me a year ago. Whoops.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
squalie
Art Expert

Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:28 am

Kramerica wrote:
Fri Feb 26, 2021 11:24 am
I joined that collectionzz site when it started and then promptly forgot about it. I logged in recently for the first time in maybe years and realized someone had bought a print from me a year ago. Whoops.
Lulzzz