What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52371
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue May 07, 2019 11:46 am

I get dat 504 ish. #everytime

P.S. I also have way too much ish in my collection.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
morst
EB Team
Posts: 2945
Joined: Thu May 29, 2003 12:00 am
Location: SF
Contact:

Tue May 07, 2019 2:37 pm

1nkling wrote: We just want to know what's broken so we can fix it.
allow secure login via https://
(not the old insecure http!)

Make expressobeans.com the same as www.expressobeans.com (They do not behave the same when editing image galleries, for instance.)
The information contained in this post does not necessarily reflect the opinion of Expressobeans.com (EB) and shall not be held to limit the rights of EB under the Fair Use Doctrine or any other federal, state, or local law which may be applicable.
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4310
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Tue May 07, 2019 2:56 pm

murdock wrote:
  • Coding for Discuss Remotely
Apparently this is an easy fix so they'll sort it once the site move has happened.
jjttdw wrote:maybe not fixing but how about making it easier to delete PMs.
What're you finding difficult about that? Just the extra steps involved?

I'm not sure if they've improved that in the latest version of phpBB. Once we get upgraded we'll be able to see whats been enhanced since this very old version we're using and take it from there probably.
cotis wrote:subscribe to post feature in the forum.

I guess that kinda works for "View Your Posts" but then again I don't want to always see the Trump thread on top due to gork & x.
You can subscribe to or bookmark topics using the buttons on the bottom left. You can manage your bookmarks and subs in your user control panel. :D
Codeblue wrote:Export collection to pdf or whateva (Save Collection) has been broken for ages.
Like Mike says, it does work eventually. Hopefully with the greater resources on the new servers it will be quicker. I'll definitely add it as an issue for the guys to look into. Probably find there is a way to improve it.

--------------

Right... Now I've addressed those.. The site move will be happening a week today, Tuesday 14th. We can't give a precise time but at some point the site will go offline. Once the DNS has propagated to the new server and we're sure everything is working ok we'll open the doors back up. Wish us luck! :lol:
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52371
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue May 07, 2019 3:07 pm

1nkling wrote:
Codeblue wrote:Export collection to pdf or whateva (Save Collection) has been broken for ages.
Like Mike says, it does work eventually.
Not really.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue May 07, 2019 3:13 pm

1nkling wrote:You can subscribe to or bookmark topics using the buttons on the bottom left. You can manage your bookmarks and subs in your user control panel. :D
last time that feature worked for me I was a noob.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52371
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Tue May 07, 2019 3:33 pm

Mods out of touch with reality. #sameasitevawas
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4310
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Tue May 07, 2019 3:35 pm

cotis wrote:
1nkling wrote:You can subscribe to or bookmark topics using the buttons on the bottom left. You can manage your bookmarks and subs in your user control panel. :D
last time that feature worked for me I was a noob.
Works for me. The subscription emails won't work because of the email issue but in theory that will be fixed once we move. Hopefully.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue May 07, 2019 3:42 pm

1nkling wrote:
cotis wrote:
1nkling wrote:You can subscribe to or bookmark topics using the buttons on the bottom left. You can manage your bookmarks and subs in your user control panel. :D
last time that feature worked for me I was a noob.
Works for me. The subscription emails won't work because of the email issue but in theory that will be fixed once we move. Hopefully.
Torchy's on me if you get this clunker working before MC.
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4310
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Tue May 07, 2019 3:57 pm

cotis wrote:Torchy's on me if you get this clunker working before MC.
Deal!
User avatar
mike123230
Art Expert
Posts: 5703
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu May 09, 2019 5:06 pm

Oh! I have one that's irked me for a long time.

When searching by artist, on the drop down menu, you can select "Not in my collection" but there isn't a specific "in my collection" option. You can go to the URL and delete the "X" before "collection", but would be nice to actually have that as a valid option.

Kthxbai!
User avatar
TKuczynski
Art Expert
Posts: 1905
Joined: Wed Feb 01, 2012 8:27 am

Thu May 09, 2019 5:15 pm

mike123230 wrote:Oh! I have one that's irked me for a long time.

When searching by artist, on the drop down menu, you can select "Not in my collection" but there isn't a specific "in my collection" option. You can go to the URL and delete the "X" before "collection", but would be nice to actually have that as a valid option.

Kthxbai!
Can't you just go to your collection and filter by artist? That is if this is what you're trying to do
User avatar
mike123230
Art Expert
Posts: 5703
Joined: Sun Apr 18, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Houston, TX

Thu May 09, 2019 9:28 pm

TKuczynski wrote:
mike123230 wrote:Oh! I have one that's irked me for a long time.

When searching by artist, on the drop down menu, you can select "Not in my collection" but there isn't a specific "in my collection" option. You can go to the URL and delete the "X" before "collection", but would be nice to actually have that as a valid option.

Kthxbai!
Can't you just go to your collection and filter by artist? That is if this is what you're trying to do
True. And it's a complete first world type problem. But let's say Fairey releases a new print. I click on it. Then I'm like "I want to look at all his prints." Then I'm like "Hmm...what all of these do I have in my collection?"..."Oh, I can sort by just the ones I DON'T have in my collection." I guess I'm curious as to why I would ever want to see what an artist has done that I DON'T have as opposed to more often wanting to see what I do have.
User avatar
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much
Posts: 52371
Joined: Sun Nov 07, 2004 1:00 am
Location: Expresso Beans

Wed May 15, 2019 12:38 pm

Searching of threads results in this error after the server move:

General Error
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Can't find FULLTEXT index matching the column list [1191]

An SQL error occurred while fetching this page. Please contact the Board Administrator if this problem persists.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Wed May 15, 2019 12:44 pm

http://forum.expressobeans.com/memberlist.php

when I click on a letter to find a user, I get 404 Not Found.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4631
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Wed May 15, 2019 12:49 pm

EB site statistic calculations must be wrong because it still shows mfaith as making contributions and edits as recently as yesterday.
Post Reply