What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
User avatar
cotis
Art Expert
Posts: 4549
Joined: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:03 pm
Location: USA

Tue Jul 02, 2019 4:58 pm

possible to make it so that when new art is added, it doesn't show as a "New Post" on the forum under the artist? not sure if others feel the same way but just something I thought might be up for discussion.
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Wed Jul 17, 2019 11:42 am

Can we add this line of code to the drop down menu?

Code: Select all

<!-- IF not S_IS_BOT and U_MARK_FORUMS --><li id="submenu-mark-read"><a href="{U_MARK_FORUMS}" accesskey="m">{L_MARK_FORUMS_READ}</a></li><!-- ENDIF -->
Go ahead, make my millennium.
turnJBup
Art Expert
Posts: 8942
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:00 am
Location: California

Wed Jul 17, 2019 8:30 pm

Please included the member sign up date.
User avatar
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 899
Joined: Wed Feb 05, 2014 3:49 pm

Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:26 am

What about adding the forum that the post is in to the New Posts/Active Topics/etc.

Image
Go ahead, make my millennium.
User avatar
bravesaturn
New User
Posts: 1
Joined: Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:34 am

Wed Jul 31, 2019 9:43 am

readicculus86 wrote:
Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:04 am
I haven't been able to leave or received feedback for years. Would be nice if that was fixed too. Thanks :pint:
I'm guessing this is still broken? I've been trying to leave/receive feedback for a few weeks now. :help:
User avatar
RelaxingDragon
Art Expert
Posts: 1332
Joined: Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:14 am
Location: Bay Area, CA

Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 am

I ask every other year or so, so I'll ask again now: any chance the search function could finally be fixed? I keep trying to search by size, but no matter what parameters I put in, it acts like I just want a general search and shows me the same results: everything new listed alphabetically. I haven't a clue why it won't function but there seems to be a big disconnect between the search page and the results page.
Image
User avatar
peerly
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 318
Joined: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:58 pm

Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:11 pm

RelaxingDragon wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 12:45 am
I ask every other year or so, so I'll ask again now: any chance the search function could finally be fixed? I keep trying to search by size, but no matter what parameters I put in, it acts like I just want a general search and shows me the same results: everything new listed alphabetically. I haven't a clue why it won't function but there seems to be a big disconnect between the search page and the results page.
+1
I fully support this request :pint:
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 pm

Cannot post in sales history auctions from sixtiesposters, psychedelic art exchange, etc.
User avatar
theperfecttree
EB Team
Posts: 8259
Joined: Mon Jan 14, 2008 1:04 am
Location: Austin, TX

Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 pm

rka00 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 pm
Cannot post in sales history auctions from sixtiesposters, psychedelic art exchange, etc.
There's a work around, though not an entirely intuitive one

The way we've handled historically is to have members add as a personal sale and include the url link in the comment section. Then when we approve the sale we'll change the submitter to 'private' and it will show as a yellow dot on the price chart

Image
rka00
Art Expert
Posts: 1422
Joined: Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:00 am

Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:29 pm

theperfecttree wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 3:59 pm
rka00 wrote:
Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:24 pm
Cannot post in sales history auctions from sixtiesposters, psychedelic art exchange, etc.
There's a work around, though not an entirely intuitive one

The way we've handled historically is to have members add as a personal sale and include the url link in the comment section. Then when we approve the sale we'll change the submitter to 'private' and it will show as a yellow dot on the price chart

Image
Yes, I've used that work around in the past but it didn't seem to work this time.

*edit* Just tried again, and when I "Save" it comes back with "System error"
User avatar
Deadareus
Art Expert
Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Jul 25, 2011 4:54 pm

Thu Sep 05, 2019 7:51 am

Not a site issue, but rather than start a new thread, is it possible to remove the “$0 sale” on the Welker, Maze screenprint edition?

Glad to have the site back. Thanks a ton gang!
andyfarrimond
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 209
Joined: Wed Aug 06, 2014 9:55 am

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm

Where did all of the For Sale posts go? It looks like everything before the end of August has been deleted
User avatar
jjttdw
Art Expert
Posts: 6314
Joined: Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:45 pm

Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm

If someone you have foe'd quotes you it would be nice to not get a notification.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
User avatar
1nkling
Site Admin
Posts: 4310
Joined: Fri May 11, 2012 7:08 pm
Location: UK

Sat Sep 28, 2019 5:38 pm

andyfarrimond wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:19 pm
Where did all of the For Sale posts go? It looks like everything before the end of August has been deleted
The For Sale forum is pruned after thirty days so anything that hasn't been bumped goes. It's ways been that way. :)
jjttdw wrote:
Thu Sep 26, 2019 2:25 pm
If someone you have foe'd quotes you it would be nice to not get a notification.
Yeah, that is a bit crap. I guess it's a phpbb functionality thing though. I'll see if I can find anything about it.
User avatar
soupysound
Art Expert
Posts: 3553
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2012 9:38 pm

Thu Oct 03, 2019 10:27 am

i really miss that one EBer who added new entries & updated the existing listings constantly. :(

the DB entry update thread never gets touched.... and it seems as though all that ever gets prioritized for new entries is mondo, comic-con, or movie posters.
:hanging:
Image
Post Reply