What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
younevrknow
EB Team

Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:06 am

soupysound wrote:
Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 pm
younevrknow wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:50 pm
soupysound wrote:
Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:40 am
is the image uploader broken?

can't upload images to existing listings.

"command failed"
Not aware of any issues at the moment; may want to check that you're following the guidelines for the image you're trying to upload

https://expressobeans.com/wiki/index.ph ... Guidelines
i am just trying to upload PEZ stainless steel pic... saved as JPG and is 245KB.

MC2 AU CM2 22 PEZ - Stainless Steel
https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/304414

https://graffitiprints.myshopify.com/pr ... tion-of-20
You got that error because that is a .webp file. I just converted it to JPG and uploaded it for you
soupysound
EB Team

Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:29 pm

younevrknow wrote:
You got that error because that is a .webp file. I just converted it to JPG and uploaded it for you
no.... i specifically saved it as .JPG

younevrknow
EB Team

Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:03 pm

soupysound wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 12:29 pm
younevrknow wrote:
no.... i specifically saved it as .JPG

Not sure what to tell you other than I got the same error you got when I uploaded the image you shared in that link because it is a .webp file. You can't just change the file ending to jpg, you have to actually convert it into a jpg.
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Mar 25, 2022 4:28 pm

EB Trainee vs. EB Team
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Mar 25, 2022 7:32 pm

Shows why he earned the mod promotion.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
soupysound
EB Team

Sat Mar 26, 2022 8:26 am

younevrknow wrote:
Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:03 pm
You can't just change the file ending to jpg, you have to actually convert it into a jpg.
Kramerica
Art Freak

Mon Mar 28, 2022 4:16 pm

Every time I try to add an ebay listing it tells me it was ended early, despite the fact that it is an active listing. Is it just me? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I didn't see it brought up here.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:16 pm

I got an error yesterday that the item number was invalid but it was a valid number. There’s definitely some shenanigans afoot.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
younevrknow
EB Team

Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:19 pm

Kramerica wrote:
Every time I try to add an ebay listing it tells me it was ended early, despite the fact that it is an active listing. Is it just me? Sorry if this has been covered somewhere, I didn't see it brought up here.
Codeblue wrote:
I got an error yesterday that the item number was invalid but it was a valid number. There’s definitely some shenanigans afoot.
Thanks, yes this is a known issue that we are looking into. Many active/sold listings are incorrectly pulling as ended early at $0.00.
haven
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2022 2:01 pm

I've tried adding several completed listings and nothing happens. Paste in the auction #, hit Add Auction, and nada.
meskell
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm

haven wrote:
I've tried adding several completed listings and nothing happens. Paste in the auction #, hit Add Auction, and nada.
I always had the thought that when that happens the auction was added under a different listing. Even when the site wasn't having problems this would happen. Also seems like an easy way to manipulate the price charts.
Wanda: I can't stand people. I hate them. Do you hate them?
Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.
haven
Art Expert

Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:45 pm

meskell wrote:
Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:03 pm
haven wrote:
I always had the thought that when that happens the auction was added under a different listing. Even when the site wasn't having problems this would happen. Also seems like an easy way to manipulate the price charts.
Right, you can't add the same auction twice. These that I've tried adding are for prints that don't show any current or sold ebay auctions.
timmyummy
Art Enthusiast

Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:31 pm

younevrknow wrote:
Mon Mar 28, 2022 10:19 pm
Kramerica wrote:
Codeblue wrote:
Thanks, yes this is a known issue that we are looking into. Many active/sold listings are incorrectly pulling as ended early at $0.00.
Also seeing this issue with auctions that ended with an offer or BIN
RRawpower

Thu Apr 07, 2022 11:06 pm

“This is a post to gather a list of bugs members think need fixing. This is NOT a post for improvements or new features people want. That will come later. We just want to know what's broken so we can fix it.” As usual, however, I find no help reference or suggestion WHERE otherwise to post necessary, if not immediate improvement requests. In fact, just searching the forum at large for the word “improvements” goes all the way back to August 2020 with someone else asking the same exact question, “when are you gonna take suggestions on improvements and not fixes?” Yet even then I find no answer where else may be preferable. So here goes . . .

I appreciate the volume and challenge to volunteers keeping up with a constant flow of submissions, let alone modifications. And from recent correspondence with an EB Team member I understand there has been ongoing discussion of significant overdue improvements to the site, if not a partial or total revamp. But among so many other faults and concerns I recognize will take such time and considerable programming and management efforts, I see no reason why a comparatively simple and utterly logical correction has never been made which has surely been identified and reported long before now: the organization of entries should obviously appear in chronological order by release date rather than just year which has apparently resulted in the current utterly arbitrary sequencing of entries in any search sort, whether by artist, by performer, or within a user's own personal collection.

Case in point is an ongoing poster series for The Brian Jonestown Massacre's 2022 North American Tour presented by Levitation Austin and produced in both standard and foil editions by Lady Lazarus Studio, Houston for each city and venue in distinct pairs by different artists (https://levitation.fm/collections/bjm-tour-series). But rather than a sensible progression in order by date as on that page, this site has split up virtually every paired set, as well as mixed up most dates and venues by as many as nine slots; i.e., eight mixed up entries appear between March 31, Providence by Weird Beard 72 and April 1, Boston by Weird Beard 72 (see side-by-side screenshots comparison below)

No doubt there must be other far greater priorities, but this one example illustrates how haphazard the site appears. And to a lesser extent, I am quite sure this unnecessary and easily remedied peculiarity must irk many if not most other users who have bothered to upload or at least search for and add art to their respective collections, only to find the same random order. Though some users could not care less, this is, after all, a supposedly organized visual arts collection which, in this respect and various other ways, does a disservice to both the artists and performers. And ultimately the users and contributors who take the time to enter all the details carefully as expected and required. So it's only natural in turn to expect the site to function and appear as reasonably expected as possible.

Hippie
Art Connoisseur

Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:50 pm

Looks like people have mentioned this already, but just to reiterate, no manual additions of eBay listings are getting added lately. No completed sales, no current sales, etc... it's not allowing anything to get added to the database.