What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
IWish
Art Expert

Thu Nov 25, 2021 3:28 pm

Maybe it's just me... dunno', but when I receive a pm notification (email) - it takes... like...forever for the message to show-up in my inbox, here. I've gotten used to waiting until the next day to check for pm's. This is a minor inconvenience, but thought I'd mention it.
GameMasterDlx

Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:20 am

What passes as "art". Lately I've seen several items entered that, in my opinion, don't fall within something I'd classify as "art". As example, some of these items, such as a "winter hat, worker jacket, keychain, glasses, ornaments, koozies, backpack, patches, and socks," seems to be items that really don't belong here (in EB dB). Sure, they might be cool items, with associations to bands and/or artists already in the EB dB, but how does a "koozie" really meet the art criteria? I get it, it's cool and may even be silkscreened, but was it a limited edition, numbered koozie, or artist series koozie?

I'd talk with the "powers that be" (ie, EB staff) and ask they reassess what constitutes the art they want to have reflected in their EB dB. I myself, would probably be less inclinded to continue using the EB dB if my searches turn up more and more non-art related items, such as those I mentioned. Besides, the recent listing of these items almost seems like posting for the sake of making folks aware of merchandise currently for sale. Kudoes to the folks using the EB dB to help them sell their wares, but if it was me, I'd reject these type of items from even getting into the EB dB to begin with.
papaver
Tech Team Member

Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:38 am

different staff different strokes. some ignore it and abhor it. others feel it's part of EB culture as it was originally started with phish posters/merch. they aren't going away. i suggest you just ignore it if you don't like it. don't want to use the db because of it? don't. but there really isn't anywhere else to go. thems the apples.
ygolohcysp
Art Expert

Sun Dec 19, 2021 2:04 am

Might I also suggest filtering by class with the links on the left after you search for a term and see your results littered with said items that fall under "other"
GameMasterDlx

Sun Dec 19, 2021 3:39 am

Thanks papaver & ygolohcysp. Yeah, I won't lose any sleep over it, but I think it definitely weakens the "brand" when they allow that type of content in. I'll make note of the filtering suggestion, so thanks.
younevrknow
EB Team

Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:04 am

GameMasterDlx wrote:
Sun Dec 19, 2021 1:20 am
What passes as "art". Lately I've seen several items entered that, in my opinion, don't fall within something I'd classify as "art". As example, some of these items, such as a "winter hat, worker jacket, keychain, glasses, ornaments, koozies, backpack, patches, and socks," seems to be items that really don't belong here (in EB dB). Sure, they might be cool items, with associations to bands and/or artists already in the EB dB, but how does a "koozie" really meet the art criteria? I get it, it's cool and may even be silkscreened, but was it a limited edition, numbered koozie, or artist series koozie?

I'd talk with the "powers that be" (ie, EB staff) and ask they reassess what constitutes the art they want to have reflected in their EB dB. I myself, would probably be less inclinded to continue using the EB dB if my searches turn up more and more non-art related items, such as those I mentioned. Besides, the recent listing of these items almost seems like posting for the sake of making folks aware of merchandise currently for sale. Kudoes to the folks using the EB dB to help them sell their wares, but if it was me, I'd reject these type of items from even getting into the EB dB to begin with.
The question is where do you draw the line on what is art and what isn't? While you could certainly argue many of these clothing items are not art, there are plenty of keychains, ornaments, stickers, etc. that many would argue are art. Does a koozie become art just because it's numbered? And the same conversation has come up before about vinyl/CD entries -- should those count as art?

I'm not even close to the decision-maker on this, but while I don't think the clothing/merch enhances the database, I also don't think it hurts it when you can just ignore it or exclude it in searches. Regardless, all art print / gigposter entries are prioritized in the queue before the "merch" entries, so the fact that you're seeing those being approved means we've made it to the bottom of the art print / gigposter queue that had over 500 in it just a few weeks ago. We can all cheers to that :pint:
greatful
New User

Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:43 am

Inspiration - Crawley 2021

My daughter's name is Alexandra Crawley....Not Alexander.

Please update that for us. Thanks for including her print in your database!

Also, the print run was 165, if you wanted to add that info too.

Michael Crawley
cotis
Art Expert

Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:11 pm

greatful wrote:
Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:43 am
Inspiration - Crawley 2021

My daughter's name is Alexandra Crawley....Not Alexander.

Please update that for us. Thanks for including her print in your database!

Also, the print run was 165, if you wanted to add that info too.

Michael Crawley
viewtopic.php?f=8&t=177477&start=5175
ldiddy
Art Expert

Thu Jan 13, 2022 3:58 pm

When new art is loaded there is no status - maybe something showing that it is pending or complete?
soupysound
EB Team

Tue Mar 22, 2022 10:40 am

is the image uploader broken?

can't upload images to existing listings.

"command failed"
cotis
Art Expert

Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:28 pm

someone turn on the papaver bat signal
younevrknow
EB Team

Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:50 pm

soupysound wrote:

"command failed"
Not aware of any issues at the moment; may want to check that you're following the guidelines for the image you're trying to upload

https://expressobeans.com/wiki/index.ph ... Guidelines
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:44 pm

Congrats on mod-dom.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
Browntrout
EB Team

Thu Mar 24, 2022 7:58 am

Not sure if everyone is aware but if there isn’t any “Keywords” listed on your item, it will NOT appear on EBeans “Hot Today” main page!

Not only that, I’ve seen items that had Keywords actually deleted! ( Marq Spusta Billy Strings) Why would someone do that? They don’t like the artist or the band & they don’t want it to appear on “Hot Today”.

This should be fixed immediately. Perhaps a populated default keyword
soupysound
EB Team

Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:04 pm

younevrknow wrote:
Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:50 pm
soupysound wrote:

"command failed"
Not aware of any issues at the moment; may want to check that you're following the guidelines for the image you're trying to upload

https://expressobeans.com/wiki/index.ph ... Guidelines
i am just trying to upload PEZ stainless steel pic... saved as JPG and is 245KB.

MC2 AU CM2 22 PEZ - Stainless Steel
https://expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/304414

https://graffitiprints.myshopify.com/pr ... tion-of-20