What on the current EB site needs fixing?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:05 pm

cotis wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 11:38 am
maybe you logged in with your wrong alt?
:?
cotis
Art Expert

Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:37 pm

under the full "Post a Reply" page, the embed functions are pretty straight forward for instagram, youtube, etc. but maybe add a embed a Tweet function?
1nkling
Site Admin

Mon Jun 10, 2019 5:01 pm

cotis wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:37 pm
under the full "Post a Reply" page, the embed functions are pretty straight forward for instagram, youtube, etc. but maybe add a embed a Tweet function?
Sure.. 8)
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:27 pm

Is it just me or is the quick reply think kind of annoying? I didn't realize at first that there were more pages in the thread because I had to scroll past quick reply to see it. This is on mobile btw. Dunno about desktop yet.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
cotis
Art Expert

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:24 am

Codeblue wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 10:27 pm
Is it just me or is the quick reply think kind of annoying? I didn't realize at first that there were more pages in the thread because I had to scroll past quick reply to see it. This is on mobile btw. Dunno about desktop yet.
get with the times blue, quick reply is a thing of the future.
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Wed Jun 12, 2019 11:11 pm

Oof.
RupertPupkin wrote:I live by this rule and this rule alone: people are drymounting idiots.
110thStreet
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 am

FYI Only - The Save Collection feature was briefly discussed ealier in this topic. However, it seems it may work for some and not others.

The suggestion to wait some time for the PDF to be created only results in a "504 Gateway - Time-out" error on multiple attempts using my collection. I assumed, pre-recent site changes, that the size of the collection was the limiting factor and it looks like this is the most likely contributing factor given the same result after the server changes.

Note: Impressed with the recent changes and not requesting investigation into something that may only affect a few users who, like me, transferred the details of collections to offline databases during the site performance issues over the last couple years. But maybe something to be aware of for those increasing the size of their collections over time.
1nkling
Site Admin

Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:47 am

110thStreet wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:18 am
FYI Only - The Save Collection feature was briefly discussed ealier in this topic. However, it seems it may work for some and not others.

The suggestion to wait some time for the PDF to be created only results in a "504 Gateway - Time-out" error on multiple attempts using my collection. I assumed, pre-recent site changes, that the size of the collection was the limiting factor and it looks like this is the most likely contributing factor given the same result after the server changes.

Note: Impressed with the recent changes and not requesting investigation into something that may only affect a few users who, like me, transferred the details of collections to offline databases during the site performance issues over the last couple years. But maybe something to be aware of for those increasing the size of their collections over time.
Thanks. I know this was flagged up before and its being looked at. Its something to do with the way the function was coded originally not making efficient use of resources. I believe its going to be fixed when one of the volunteers has a moment to look at the code properly.
HisBobness
Art Expert

Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:53 pm

On the old site, I really liked how I was able to click on "new posts" and "your posts" in a single click and not through a drop down menu... Seems to be some space up there at the top for it, too.
1nkling
Site Admin

Tue Jun 18, 2019 4:20 pm

HisBobness wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 8:53 pm
On the old site, I really liked how I was able to click on "new posts" and "your posts" in a single click and not through a drop down menu... Seems to be some space up there at the top for it, too.
You're not the first to mention it. The space there does look ripe for it but because of the adaptive nature of this theme it's hard to get them in there and looking ok on the mobile view.

Ideally we're hoping to find someone more knowledgeable to help in the design/css side of things moving forward. We have changes we need to make to the database side.

So.. We're not saying no to bringing those links back but it's not happening just this moment.
beetlejuice
Art Connoisseur

Tue Jun 18, 2019 6:22 pm

That and the mark forums read being at the very bottom are my two things that used to be so easy and now are not.
Go ahead, make my millennium.
iambillyg
Art Freak

Thu Jun 27, 2019 7:28 pm

I am not subscribed to threads, but I keep getting email notifications about responses to threads being made. Please stop it... please.. please.
theperfecttree
EB Team

Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:00 pm

iambillyg wrote:
I am not subscribed to threads, but I keep getting email notifications about responses to threads being made. Please stop it... please.. please.
that sounds really annoying

maybe try going to Notification Options and making sure email is unchecked where it makes sense, esp for "someone creates a topic in a forum to which you are subscribed." Link to edit subscriptions

not sure that's the fix, might need one of the tech guys to take a look
cotis
Art Expert

Fri Jun 28, 2019 10:11 am

iambillyg wrote:
which thread exactly sir?
Codeblue
Yaks 2 Much

Fri Jun 28, 2019 12:48 pm

If you're viewing someone's collection, filter by artist, and go beyond the first page, it starts showing your collection instead of theirs. Let me know if you need steps to reproduce the issue.