Guy didn't follow through on trade what should I do?

Share your thoughts or ask all your questions about ExpressoBeans here.
PosterFanatic
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:46 pm

I would not recommend trading with Jung. I worked out a deal with him about a month ago where I would trade him my 2001 variant OST signed for his JC Richard GOT print. About a $125 value for each. We had a nice back and forth, agreed upon the trade and exchanged addresses. His feedback is great so I figured it was all good. It has been about a month now since he received my vinyl and I haven't heard from him. I've messaged him every week about it and see that he reads the messages but isn't responding. I have two questions. One is what should I do from this point forward to get my vinyl back? And two, what suggestions do you have for future trades to ensure the other party follows through?

And again do not deal with jung.

Thanks,

Daniel
Kramerica
Art Freak

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:50 pm

I am sorry to hear this. I have dealt with Jung on many occasions, all trades, and all went off without a hitch. It sometimes took him a little longer but I don't think it was ever that long and he always came through. Hope everything gets sorted out. As far as what you can do, there isn't much that I know of in this instance.
When I'm done ranting about elite power that rules the planet under a totalitarian government that uses the media to keep people stupid, my throat gets parched. That's why I drink Orange Drink. - BH
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 3:57 pm

I think the answer to question 1 might be to do what you just did; notify the EB community. Sorry, I don't know of a good answer to question 2, but I've wondered the same myself.
ImageT.K.C.
Particle
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:12 pm

Question #1) You're not getting it back.

Question #2) You did everything right. Nothing more you could have done. He was a memeber with good feedback that had good transactions with others on here.

Sucks. Sorry man.
alittle
Art Freak

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:15 pm

One suggestion for protection is to effectively sell each other the prints via paypal. In this case, you would have each sent the other person $125. Once both parties are satisfied, you can refund the transactions to recover the paypal fees.
jjttdw
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:21 pm

^^This. If it is a straight trade of items worth $125, you pay him $125 and he pays you $125. You then have recourse.
NEWPORTS69 wrote:ive kept journal for very long time and ranked public restrooms because i srs hate using them, was working on an app but im not very smart
PLUSH
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 4:42 pm

Hopefully he'll make it right. I had a deal with him awhile back, he just took awhile.
turnJBup
Art Freak

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:19 pm

Put his user name in the thread title.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 5:21 pm

alittle wrote:One suggestion for protection is to effectively sell each other the prints via paypal. In this case, you would have each sent the other person $125. Once both parties are satisfied, you can refund the transactions to recover the paypal fees.
I do this on all trades to protect myself (even with established members).
jung
Art Connoisseur

Thu Jan 08, 2015 9:58 pm

this is odd. initially, i had arranged to meet posterfanatic in person to complete our trade, since we lived relatively close to each other. during our first scheduled meeting at the spoke art sperry show, he texted me a few hours beforehand and bailed out because he said he "drank way too much with friends last night." i said it was all good, and we set up another time to meet in person. he again bailed out on the day we were scheduled to meet, and i again told him it wasn't a problem, at which point he suggested we ship the items to one another. unfortunately, posterfanatic shipped the record in a bare cardboard box with no padding, and it arrived significantly damaged. i asked him how he wanted to proceed, and gave multiple options including me sending the poster but receiving a partial refund, as well as just sending the damaged record back to him. i thought i was waiting for him to make his decision, but i guess he thought i was ignoring him?

daniel, i apologize if you had a negative experience--it appears you've decided you want the record back instead of offering a partial refund, and if that's the case, i will send it back to you. this thread puzzles me, however, since i haven't received messages from you every week as you claimed, and you also could have just called me since we exchanged phone numbers during our initial discussions/attempts to meet up in-person (which would have avoided the damaged-in-transit scenario that occurred). in the future, when shipping a record, i would highly recommend using at least some bubble wrap to act as a buffer.
Image ImageImageImage Image
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:03 pm

Aha! The truth surfaces. Moral of the story? Don't deal with newbs? Good stuff jung. Way to set the record straight.
ImageT.K.C.
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:06 pm

I mean, you could always file a police report. Explain what happened, and tell them the address. Maybe he is just going through some crazy fudge and doesn't have time to deal, but if not, then it's theft. And since the theft effectively took place at his home, I don't see why they couldn't take the report and follow up. It's worth a shot.
bryndavies
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:12 pm

Huh?
ImageT.K.C.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:12 pm

jung wrote:this is odd. initially, i had arranged to meet posterfanatic in person to complete our trade, since we lived relatively close to each other. during our first scheduled meeting at the spoke art sperry show, he texted me a few hours beforehand and bailed out because he said he "drank way too much with friends last night." i said it was all good, and we set up another time to meet in person. he again bailed out on the day we were scheduled to meet, and i again told him it wasn't a problem, at which point he suggested we ship the items to one another. unfortunately, posterfanatic shipped the record in a bare cardboard box with no padding, and it arrived significantly damaged. i asked him how he wanted to proceed, and gave multiple options including me sending the poster but receiving a partial refund, as well as just sending the damaged record back to him. i thought i was waiting for him to make his decision, but i guess he thought i was ignoring him?

daniel, i apologize if you had a negative experience--it appears you've decided you want the record back instead of offering a partial refund, and if that's the case, i will send it back to you. this thread puzzles me, however, since i haven't received messages from you every week as you claimed, and you also could have just called me since we exchanged phone numbers during our initial discussions/attempts to meet up in-person (which would have avoided the damaged-in-transit scenario that occurred). in the future, when shipping a record, i would highly recommend using at least some bubble wrap to act as a buffer.
awwww, OP is shy :)
jrsheppa
Art Expert

Thu Jan 08, 2015 10:25 pm

bryndavies wrote:Huh?
I was responding to the initial guys complaints. Appears what he said isn't the whole story. Make a note not to deal with posterfanatic.