100% Package Deals Thread: handling YOUR package since 2012

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:13 am

sidewaysscott wrote:this thread won't work. .02
Has anyone sold anything from this thread yet? :? Just curious 'cause I have never had luck with trying to sell package deals. :(
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
jamesmassey1988
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:17 am

This thread will work as well as the hook-up thread 2 does. Amidst all the un-sellable prints and "misleading averages" there will be a solid hook-up every now and then. I think it will (again) be determined by how fast they get snapped up.

Who's starting the Package Deal Thread Discussion thread? :hanging:
TWTTR - @masseyjh
INSTGRM - @jimmassey
:ziggi:
DickButt
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:22 am

People aren't even buying single prints right now, much less packages. It's a good idea, but you're targeting such a specific person (the guy who doesn't have any of the prints in your package and magically is ISO all of them) that it's gonna be tough.
DrScott44
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:26 am

CrustaR wrote:
Has anyone sold anything from this thread yet? :? Just curious 'cause I have never had luck with trying to sell package deals. :(
@CrustaR:

MattG sold his AVENGERS package deal, but so far, that's it.

But, it's been, what? 12 hours since the thread went up? I'm not prepared to call the thing a failure just yet.

But even if it does, well, fudge happens: I'm amazed that ANY threads go the distance around here. Was still worth a shot, and maybe-- if nothing else-- it will be helpful to the people who've been asking questions about package deal stuff lately (and I'm bummed to hear you haven't moved any package deals: I've had the exact opposite experience).

@ SidewaysOtherScott

Somehow, we'll all find a way to move on. One day.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:27 am

DrScott44 wrote:I'm amazed that ANY threads go the distance around here.
So true. :lol:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
CrustaR
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:28 am

DrScott44 wrote:
CrustaR wrote:
@CrustaR:

MattG sold his AVENGERS package deal, but so far, that's it.

But, it's been, what? 12 hours since the thread went up? I'm not prepared to call the thing a failure just yet.

But even if it does, well, fudge happens: I'm amazed that ANY threads go the distance around here. Was still worth a shot, and maybe-- if nothing else-- it will be helpful to the people who've been asking questions about package deal stuff lately (and I'm bummed to hear you haven't moved any package deals: I've had the exact opposite experience).
All good! I was just curious. Seems like a good thread idea.
pewter14 wrote:You're not the only one on the hunt for The Thing ... just ... the most obvious ... by a lot.
bethemonkey
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 10:55 am

There is only so much money to go around and it seems like right now it's all gone.
How else do you explain a Wolfman going for $500 on ebay.
I'm in Canada and it costs more to ship everywhere, so get over it.
RiotAct
EB Team

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:16 am

bethemonkey wrote:There is only so much money to go around and it seems like right now it's all gone.
or a Sperry Steve Miller Band for $290!!!
sidewaysscott
Art God

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:21 am

RiotAct wrote:
bethemonkey wrote:There is only so much money to go around and it seems like right now it's all gone.
Really? Damn! :shock:
pay via paypal, use credit card,file dispute at the 20 day mark if suspicious. don't deal with noobs. don't trade with noobs. request feedback ahead of time. there are lots of good people 'round here.
rockbridge
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:33 am

RiotAct wrote:
I watched that one...Was surprised there wasn't a last minute jump....The world is broke I guess?
therivler1
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 11:34 am

well, since we are OT anyway.... i don't remember last summer. Was it like this also?
DrScott44
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:06 pm

therivler1 wrote:well, since we are OT anyway.... i don't remember last summer. Was it like this also?
No, no, this IS on-topic, sir; already we've learned that:

1) Everyone's broke

2) Might be time to drop prices a bit (you can do that here)

3) No, like, everyone's really broke....dropping prices prob'ly won't do fudge.

But hey, don't anyone get discouraged because your offer didn't get snatched up immediately: these deals are pricey, times is tough, and-- as someone pointed out earlier--they are all very, very specific. If you don't want THESE SPECIFIC 3-4 PRINTS, well, you're probably not gonna buy ( PRO-TOP: I always tell people that I can re-work any deal if they want, so long as they're adding or subtracting using something else I'm interested in selling).

Then again, I'd say 50% of my recent sales were to relative newcomers or people who were just building their collections. Going the PD route is a great way to build an inventory faster (and more cheaply) than if you hunt your ISO's down one by one. And hell, I always make it clear to buyers that I don't care what they do with these posters once they've got 'em: if they wanna sell 'em immediately, one-by-one, for a markup? Go for it. Ain't my bidness.
"I say we stomp 'im. Then we tattoo 'im. Then we hang 'im...and then we kill 'im!"

"I say we let 'im go."

"NO!!!"
toobs
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:08 pm

Some of the best of SDCC Package - How about now?

Jock - Batman

Francavilla - Creature

Vania - Game Of Thrones

and ill thorw in a Med or Large Django Unchained shirt

$375 Shipped
Codeblue wrote:Ya know they'll put out at least 1 "ZOMG gotta rub mah nuts on another dukes butt to get in line for it" poster.
maddog76
Flipper

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:40 pm

Crosshair bundle.

$60.
therivler1
Art Expert

Thu Aug 02, 2012 1:43 pm

Phish summer '12 bundle - $125 shipped

Masthay Jones Beach
Kelly SPAC