Mondo Postcard/Showcard Thread!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:57 pm

Marty85 wrote:what was the space ship one for?
It was for a Scott C show at Gallery Nucleus. It actually folds and you can see the people in the space ship through holes. It's awesome!
seeker1115 wrote:Hey, I picked up some cards of PCC's Zombie and Trick 'R Treat. If anybody wants 'em, PM me, they're yours.
Marty85, you have a PM waiting for you. Looks like you got your Zombie! :clap:
jampar5000
Art Expert

Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:34 am

Wow, just found this thread. those are some pretty impressive collections. I have a set of the RR postcards framed up at home. they are one of my favorite pieces. Unfortunately they do go for quite a bit on Ebay when they come up as an individual set - I lucked out and got mine for $45 when they first came around.

where there any other full sets like this from other shows? I mean i would love to have a full postcard set of Whalen and Perillo's recent holiday show to frame up as well. would go really nicely as a set.
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
BuffyGirl
Art Connoisseur

Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:07 pm

I have a bunch. Would love the Monsters inc one.

Cabin in the woods, Trick R Treat and a Dracula (Ansin) are the only ones I have left.
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Thu Oct 25, 2012 2:21 am

jampar5000 wrote:Wow, just found this thread. those are some pretty impressive collections. I have a set of the RR postcards framed up at home. they are one of my favorite pieces. Unfortunately they do go for quite a bit on Ebay when they come up as an individual set - I lucked out and got mine for $45 when they first came around.

where there any other full sets like this from other shows? I mean i would love to have a full postcard set of Whalen and Perillo's recent holiday show to frame up as well. would go really nicely as a set.
Hmm, I don't think there are any postcards of their holiday prints or I have just never seen any. If they exist then I would love some too but I don't think any have been made.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:16 am

I checked - they did do postcards, but they where specific post card set for the show. I have e-mailed Tom, so i'll post whatever his reply is in here.
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:19 am

jampar5000 wrote:I checked - they did do postcards, but they where specific post card set for the show. I have e-mailed Tom, so i'll post whatever his reply is in here.
Whoops I thought you asking if they made postcard versions of their holiday prints like the Charlie Brown Christmas, Thanksgiving, etc. I totally misunderstood. Yes they definitely sold the postcard set at their gallery show at G1988. I'm sure one will pop up soon. Good luck on your search!
jampar5000
Art Expert

Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:16 pm

Hey all, had a nice response from Tom, Shame about the postcards, but there you go...

James,

thanks for the kind words.

no, the full-size posters won't be created as postcards. other than the occasional handbill that I'll produce in different colorways, I try to avoid re-printing or re-purposing artwork. 

talk to you soon,
tom
•••••••••••••••••••••
www.strongstuff.net
www.strongstuff.deviantart.com
http://twitter.com/strongstufftom
BuffyGirl
Art Connoisseur

Thu Oct 25, 2012 4:21 pm

If anyone has any that are Whalen or Taylor related, I would love to take them off your hands. Always up for a trade. :D
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Fri Oct 26, 2012 1:06 am

jampar5000 wrote:Hey all, had a nice response from Tom, Shame about the postcards, but there you go...

James,

thanks for the kind words.

no, the full-size posters won't be created as postcards. other than the occasional handbill that I'll produce in different colorways, I try to avoid re-printing or re-purposing artwork. 

talk to you soon,
tom
•••••••••••••••••••••
http://www.strongstuff.net
http://www.strongstuff.deviantart.com
http://twitter.com/strongstufftom
Yeah I figured that this was the case but I thought you were referring to the set of postcards he and Dave Perillo released at their recent gallery show.

If you're looking for a set of these I'm sure one will pop up soon enough.
jampar5000
Art Expert

Fri Oct 26, 2012 2:04 am

Those are great, but they don't quite hit the same notes as the prints. I'll keep an eye out though. Thanks!
BuffyGirl
Art Connoisseur

Fri Nov 09, 2012 4:44 pm

Hahaajp wrote:Hey guys,

I thought it would be fun to start a thread where we can trade some mondo postcards. I picked up a few from their booth as well as G1988 this weekend. If you have any rolling road show cards, mondo gallery cards, or anything I don't have send me a PM! :D

Here's what I have below:

Mailed you out Cabin in the Woods and Trick R Treat.

If anyone has anything they would like to trade for Cabin in the Woods, please message me. :D
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:38 pm

Hey guys. I'm trying to track down the following showcards:

Mondo Adventure Time show
Mondo Jay Shaw show
Mondo Craig Drake/Brandenburg show
Mondo Universal Monsters show

What I have to offer:

A Distant Winter showcard set
Martin Ansin 'A Distant Winter' showcard signed by Martin Ansin
Mondo Dracula
Mondo Kill Bill
Mondo lanyard

Really needing these for something :)
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:44 pm

iambillyg wrote: Mondo Adventure Time show
Mondo Jay Shaw show
Darn Billy, why did you have to post about these. I didn't know there were showcards for these shows now I need them too! Good luck, I'm sure one of your Austin buddies will have them lying around. Hopefully they'll have one for me too, lol. :P
iambillyg
Art Freak

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:47 pm

Hahaajp wrote:
iambillyg wrote: Mondo Adventure Time show
Mondo Jay Shaw show
Darn Billy, why did you have to post about these. I didn't know there were showcards for these shows now I need them too! Good luck, I'm sure one of your Austin buddies will have them lying around. Hopefully they'll have one for me too, lol. :P
I don't know if there was one for Adventure Time, but I'm sure there s one for Jays. And the Creature one is the one for the Uni Show.

Actually, I need extras of every single Mondo show.
Hahaajp
Art Expert

Sat Nov 10, 2012 8:49 pm

iambillyg wrote:
I don't know if there was one for Adventure Time, but I'm sure there s one for Jays. And the Creature one is the one for the Uni Show.

Actually, I need extras of every single Mondo show.
Ah, I see. Well I hope you find them. I'll definitely be on the lookout and will let you know if I come across any.