Australian FS/FT thread

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:35 pm

I’ve had a bit of a feeling over the past year or so that my framer is charging me more for framing just because I always go there. He gives me a “10% discount” but im thinking he just increases the price by a hundred or so and then tells me that he’ll do the discount.
The most expensive frame I had for years was Civilisation. It was close to $600. That was about 16 months ago, and every thing I have had framed since has either been around that price ($500+) or even more so. I think they charged me close to $800 for The Street. It’s making framing tough on me.
I could be entirely wrong, and I hope so, but my framing prices seem to be getting out of hand. This guy is the only local framer that frames to archival standards. They understand the value and the importance of preservation, which is the main thing for me hence why I go there and pay what they ask.
Id like to continue shopping there but im going to put a hold on framing for a little while til I figure out what is going on with the prices, and im hoping some of you blokes might be able to help.

I just dropped of my Pejac Meadow, and got two quotes with the following specs. The Pejac is 1000mm x 700mm:

QUOTE 1: $1250
‘Bellini’ black timber frame stock code B22703http://www.bellinifinemoulding.com.au/timber/b22703#
TruVue Conservation Grade 99% UV glass – http://www.tru-vue.com/products/conservation-clear/
Spacer, no mat, archival backing.

QUOTE 2: $650
‘Bellini’ black timber frame stock code B22803http://www.bellinifinemoulding.com.au/timber/b22803
TruVue Conservation Grade 99% UV glass – http://www.tru-vue.com/products/conservation-clear/
Spacer, no mat, archival backing.

If anyone has easy access/contact with their framer, may I ask a huge favour and have you get a framing quote from them with the above specs? I think enough is stated for them to give a rough quote.
I know this is a bit of a pain in the ass of a request, but id appreciate it.
I know the Pejac is a large print, but I still think it’s a bit much.
NoObism
Art Connoisseur

Wed Jan 06, 2016 10:32 pm

With the AUD the way it is I would expect the cost of materials to have gone up considerably.

I'll shoot my framer an email and see what he thinks, I have only ever had UV Perpex on a framed print that large.

(Edit: Gave my framer a call he's on holidays, so might not get an email reply till early next week.)

(Update: My framer doesn't deal in Bellini frames... sorry. :( )
RottenAtom wrote:Put up or shut up. Acting like a beggin ass bitch probably won't get you anywhere.

Welcome to EB :pint:
mybigblackdog
Art Enthusiast

Sat Jan 09, 2016 4:06 am

Just popping my head in for a look around after being away from EB for a rather long time.The crap dollar plus crowded walls have made buying art / posters step back a bit in the last 18 months or so. Last couple of purchases were two of David Hales big pieces - my framers happy, my wallet is crying. Must update my EB portfolio.

Currently waiting for Ken Taylor's Florence poster to drop via Beyond The Pale in the next week or so. It's gorgeous and has a subtle nod to my favourite Aussie artist, Vali Myers.

Nice to see the Aussie forum is still ticking along. Happy New Year from Sthn. NSW.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2016 7:49 pm

welcome back, mate.

anyone in Aus have a horkey FOTR variant for sale?
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Mon Jan 11, 2016 9:32 pm

mybigblackdog wrote:Just popping my head in for a look around after being away from EB for a rather long time.
Welcome back to the addiction!
KalEl1981

Sat Jan 30, 2016 9:23 pm

New Aussie checking in.

I live in Perth.

Chasing Kevin Tong Batman Begins and Hong Kong prints. Also Ansin Man of Steel.

If selling let me know. Cheers.
SenseiMonkeyboy1
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:29 am

I've someone from Sydney asking for me to send them a print from here in the States.
Says he's received them before for $25usd shipped. Sound reasonable for a 4" one print yazzo shipped USPS?
ajmmck
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:31 am

SenseiMonkeyboy1 wrote:I've someone from Sydney asking for me to send them a print from here in the States.
Says he's received them before for $25usd shipped. Sound reasonable for a 4" one print yazzo shipped USPS?
Usually is about 45 AUD when i purchase off the bay so given the exchange at the moment you would be close i think. Might take a while though as i dont think thats the fastest method.
stuarthimsley
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:41 am

SenseiMonkeyboy1 wrote:I've someone from Sydney asking for me to send them a print from here in the States.
That's pretty close to the cost of USPS 1st Class.
SenseiMonkeyboy1
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:43 am

Cool, that helps. Thanks guys.
wottagunn
Art Expert

Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:42 am

Generally:

1st class - $25 usd
Priority - $40 usd
Express - $55 usd
wottagunn
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 6:37 pm

thought id share this here too, if you havent had TOTM frame something for you, then you're doing it wrong

For a long time I have been wanting to send something over to TOTM for him to work his framing magic on. When I purchased this OG by NC Winters I knew exactly what to do with it.
I gave Niko free reign on this, the only request I had was to make it all museum standard. That was only 2 weeks ago, and today this showed up on my door.
I am absolutely floored with what he has produced here. The quality is faultless. He has honestly perfected displaying art and im already looking forward to our next project.

Even his photos are next level (guess which photo of the three is mine).

wapalms
Art Expert

Tue Feb 23, 2016 7:17 pm

Very nice. (Told ya :D)
Image Image X2
TOTM
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 5:31 am

Cheers Luke, thanking you for the kind words! Had a hoot on this one mate, really came together nicely & glad you like... Look forward to doing it again too!
DonPiano
Art Expert

Thu Feb 25, 2016 10:26 pm

KalEl1981 wrote:New Aussie checking in.

I live in Perth.

Chasing Kevin Tong Batman Begins and Hong Kong prints. Also Ansin Man of Steel.

If selling let me know. Cheers.
No dice here, but welcome. Nice to see another Perth face around.

wotta - as I said on FB, that's a bloody great frame up, and as per usual, a top notch effort by the greatest framer in the West. You need to make a trek to WA to check out his set up. You'd have wet yourself if you ever got to see his Horkey Dracula framed up in person. Seeing that frame up makes me wish I had A) more money, and B) more wall space. I'm saving my pennies up to get my D. Danger Abigail framed up to the nines.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group

Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.