Place for UK users to gather/trade/chat!

Regional Trading for International users and other types of group sales.
New threads require Moderator approval.
Forum rules
This area is for regional trading threads for international users and other types of group sales.

Before starting a thread in this area please send a message to the Global Moderators group with details and await approval.
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:30 am

I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
User avatar
jpfondu
Art Expert
Posts: 2546
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am
Location: Scotland

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:31 am

What's the date for this? Or is it over several?
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:34 am

2 different talks
August
saturday the 23rd - 3-4pm
sunday the 24th 6.30-7.30pmg
User avatar
Chenley123
Art Expert
Posts: 2331
Joined: Thu Jun 28, 2012 4:04 pm
Location: Leeds

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:38 am

I haven't read it yet but I have been told to give 'The wind-up bird chronicle' a go
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:40 am

AlanCampbell wrote:I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
Yeah, I was going to see if you were going to this as well. Would be great to get your print signed by him. :drool:

I'd say it'd be any book - or if not, then just the new book which is supposed to be great. Can't wait to grab it.

I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle now and loving it. It's the last of his books that I haven't read. I strongly recommend reading Dance, Dance, Dance, Kafka on the Shore, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and then once you've tackled those, give 1Q84 a shot. It's a big book, but it's one of my favourites.

Here's a link with the details of the talk: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/the-festiv ... i-murakami
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
jpfondu
Art Expert
Posts: 2546
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am
Location: Scotland

Sun Jun 22, 2014 2:53 pm

Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.

Quick question guys a couple of my letterpress have been slipping in the last week. I'm assuming it's the heat? It's also partly to do with the cheap tin pot frames no doubt. I don't want to tape it in place. Any ideas?

Image
User avatar
fitz
Art Expert
Posts: 6900
Joined: Fri Aug 31, 2012 4:10 am

Sun Jun 22, 2014 3:10 pm

jpfondu wrote:Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.

Quick question guys a couple of my letterpress have been slipping in the last week. I'm assuming it's the heat? It's also partly to do with the cheap tin pot frames no doubt. I don't want to tape it in place. Any ideas?

Image
I use a lot of XL photo corners (37mm ones) seem to work fine for most things :)

Wish I was up in Edinburgh I have some stuff I would love to get GRRM to sign.
User avatar
DonPiano
Art Expert
Posts: 8466
Joined: Thu Jan 31, 2013 8:42 am
Location: Perth, Nowhere Australia.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 1:10 am

jpfondu wrote:Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.
No worries at all. The Leeds festival would be damn good so enjoy it.
The Curb

Friends and Like-Minded Souls of webuyyourkids Facebook Group


Hotdogs are not sandwiches.

Friends & Family don't let Friends & Family send money via Friends & Family.
User avatar
Raid71
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 415
Joined: Wed Jun 06, 2012 9:46 am
Location: Manchester | UK
Contact:

Mon Jun 23, 2014 5:16 am

Is anyone going to the http://www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk/

Been offered a table there but not sure, has anyone been before?
making marks on paper for food
http://www.raid71.com
https://twitter.com/raid71
User avatar
jampar5000
Art Expert
Posts: 1600
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2011 4:30 am
Location: London, UK.

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:02 am

Raid71 wrote:Is anyone going to the http://www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk/

Been offered a table there but not sure, has anyone been before?

mmm interesting - never been, but sounds good. Do let us know if you decide to go. I'll buy you breakfast again. :)
Image
LeeKaye wrote:I liked it, but I am trying to resist the lure of one more 'wafer thin print'
User avatar
rimmer
Art Expert
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: Essex

Mon Jun 23, 2014 6:15 am

Raid71 wrote:Is anyone going to the http://www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk/

Been offered a table there but not sure, has anyone been before?
No,it looks pretty good though
going to see faith no more the day before,so might stay up and check this out
ImageImage
User avatar
Jaspar
Art Connoisseur
Posts: 810
Joined: Mon Jul 30, 2012 6:51 pm
Location: Devon - UK

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:17 am

rimmer wrote:
Raid71 wrote:Is anyone going to the http://www.thelondonillustrationfair.co.uk/

Been offered a table there but not sure, has anyone been before?
No,it looks pretty good though
going to see faith no more the day before,so might stay up and check this out
Also going to faith no more! Going straight back home the next day though...
User avatar
rimmer
Art Expert
Posts: 1126
Joined: Thu Apr 04, 2013 9:22 pm
Location: Essex

Mon Jun 23, 2014 8:26 am

It's gotta be done! :lol:
ImageImage
User avatar
AlanCampbell
Art Expert
Posts: 2195
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 11:49 am
Location: Glasgow, Scotland
Contact:

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:22 am

DonPiano wrote:
AlanCampbell wrote:I'm going to one of the talks if i can get tickets but i was planning already getting one of my kafka on the shore print signed and i'm not sure what you'll even be allowed to get him to sign, it may just be copies of the new book.
Yeah, I was going to see if you were going to this as well. Would be great to get your print signed by him. :drool:

I'd say it'd be any book - or if not, then just the new book which is supposed to be great. Can't wait to grab it.

I'm reading The Wind Up Bird Chronicle now and loving it. It's the last of his books that I haven't read. I strongly recommend reading Dance, Dance, Dance, Kafka on the Shore, Hard Boiled Wonderland and the End of the World and then once you've tackled those, give 1Q84 a shot. It's a big book, but it's one of my favourites.

Here's a link with the details of the talk: https://www.edbookfest.co.uk/the-festiv ... i-murakami

Nope, no murakami tickets for me, i forgot about it until 9am when they went on sale, they had set up a queue system and i was number 3670 and it sold out when i was 1700ish

I'm now trying to bribe people on twitter, ticket cost + a copy of the kafka on shore print
User avatar
jpfondu
Art Expert
Posts: 2546
Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:51 am
Location: Scotland

Tue Jun 24, 2014 6:50 am

fitz wrote:
jpfondu wrote:Sorry man I think I'll be at Leeds festival on the August bank holiday weekend. I'll ask the girl from work though and let you know if she can do it.

Quick question guys a couple of my letterpress have been slipping in the last week. I'm assuming it's the heat? It's also partly to do with the cheap tin pot frames no doubt. I don't want to tape it in place. Any ideas?


I use a lot of XL photo corners (37mm ones) seem to work fine for most things :)

Wish I was up in Edinburgh I have some stuff I would love to get GRRM to sign.
Thanks man
Post Reply